"I dont know why your heart doesnt do what your mind tells it to."

brownsugarflyygirl

I was watching Brown Sugar the other day for the thousandth time and this is what Sidney Shaw (Sanaa Lathan) said to her super fine fiancee Kelby (Boris Kudjoe)...and I pretty much got teary eyed because I could so identify with having a wonderful man before you but your heart being somewhere else. Its so frustrating :nono: Sigh...I truly dont know why your heart wont do what your mind tells it. If it would listen, I would say stop loving ____ so that you can make room for _____.

Just a little frustrated with "love" and thought that I would share. Anybody else resonate with this quote?

Sadly I can relate. And it sucks. :sad:

Me too!

I was kinda having this moment with my 40 y/o on Tuesday. He's still trying to figure out why I won't just get back with him even though I admitted that he was probably the best man for me. But I'm just not there. It's not about him or another guy- I'm just not ready to be what he wants me to be. And he's seeing someone so I know I'm running the risk of losing him for good, but it's not changing my mind. :perplexed

Back