I Cornrowed My Own Hair!!!!

kbragg

Big shout out to ladykpnyc for her youtube tutorial (not sure if she is a member here or not)! I bought the cornrow DVD ($19.95 for 30 minutes:wallbash:) from Braids By Breslin and found ladykpnyc before I received it. I found her tutorial much more helpful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzgYVgSiMHI

I haven't quite figured out how to cornrow around the ears (having a hard time following the curve of the part) and my parting sux so I haven't gotten straight back cornrows down but still, this is a huge accomplishment for me!:clap: Here are the pics:

cornrowpuff001-vi.jpg

cornrowpuff002-vi.jpg

cornrowpuff003-vi.jpg

cornrowpuff004-vi.jpg

Feel free to post comments in my fotki too. I ain't getting much love:nono::lachen:

Girl you did real good, and the parts look pretty straight to me. I've been looking for a cornrow tutorial forever, but it's just so hard to practise on your own head. Thanks for the link and great job!

Kudos to you! :notworthy I started to do the same to mine but my arms got tired at the second cornrow, so I resorted to twists. Your parts are very straight (Whatchu talkin' bout Willis??? You should've seen the first cornrows I did since going natural. I too couldn't part straight beyond where you stopped (I don't have that 360 degree mirror) so that's exactly where I stop. But who'd know if you didn't tell huh? Looks like that's just the look you were going for. :grin:

You did good. I have been practicing on dd. She's 6,so she doesn't know any better :ohwell:
Mine are lil loose my liking and I can't do creative hairstyles.

good for the first time...:grin:

i need to try and do this to my hair.. its seems like its jus gonna get tangled tho.... i have done it on a few guys hair b4 and i need to work on getting it tighter my braids are too loose ... she made it look so easy LOL

WOW, I can't cornrow to save my life.:nono: I wish I could part that strait. I can't even do that for my relaxed hair.:lachen:

Back