I am so impressed with the Joico K-Pak line!

• Thread starter Thread starter Tee
  • Start date Start date
T

Tee

I love everything I've tried from this line! E-ver-ee-thing! The Protect & Shine Serum moisturizes as well as silkens the hair. The Leave-in Protectant makes my hair shiny and smooth. The Daily Conditioner is also very nice. It's like a K-Pak lite, with more moisturizing ingredients. And, of course, the K-Pak Reconstructer is amazing!! (I can't believe my hair hated this when I tried this years ago!). It stopped my shedding dead in it's tracks! And my hair is now so strong, I could do circus acts where I swing from my hair. The entire line is great for revitalizing and making the hair feel like "new" again. Bravo, Joico!!

Wow. Sounds like a really good line.
smile.gif

Glad you're liking it
smile.gif

Go ahead and tell me more about this Daily Conditioner. Inquiring minds want to know
grin.gif

I'm going to have to stop in at Trade Secrets today and see if the ingredients are compatible to my needs. Thanks for sharing!

I love joico-Kak too! I got the reconstrutor at Ulta yesterday. I used it and had 5 pieces of hair in my comb when I combed out. It is definitely a keeper. I tried the generic version from Sally's a few weeks ago and it did nothing for my hair.
Does anyone know if it is safe to use the k-pak weekly or bi-weekly?

is this line only for permed hair or is it for any hair. i thought a while back someone said aaliyah used this line so i guessing naturals/transitioners can use it too?

PS whats the price range?

The reconstructor is very $$$, but I'd say it is worth it. It's probably one of, if not the best re-constructor out there. Prettygrl, I believe it's okay to use it weekly. Check out there website www.joico.com--I think it says so.

prettygrl, i have used mine weekly and every other week, followed up with a moisturzing conditioner. It helps keep the hair strong.

Please be careful about getting this product at places like drugstore.com or other non-salon establishments. discount-beauty.com is safe--they are a salon.

I saw a news report about getting salon-products (nexxus, paul mitchell, joico, etc.) at places other than a salon. They said that sometimes the products are counterfeits. Sometimes they are old. Sometimes they contain harmful bacteria that can get into your ears(when you apply and rinse the product) and cause infection. The manufacturers also note on the product that it is only guaranteed when purchased at a salon.

Question for Tee, When you say Joico K-Pak line, it's as if there are several products under one name.. just so I can buy the right items, is it just the conditioner named k-pak or is there a shampoo under this name as well?
smile.gif

I ended up at a Regis salon yesterday where they had a sale. It was a buy one get another of = or < value for 50% off of quanity sizes less than a liter. I can't recall what Trade Secret's offer was I arrived at the mall later than I planned so I was in a hurry to get in and out. I added the Daily Conditioner and the leave-in Protectant to my Joico collection. I'll check the serum next time. Thanks again Tee!

The Daily Conditioner smells like banana-pineapple cake
smile.gif
It's yummy. The only diff. between it and the full-fledged K-Pak reconstructor is that the daily one is less concentrated. The serum also has great ingredients in it. It's only $5 more than the John Frieda relax serum but has so many wonderful ingredients.

I have heard, however, (don't know how true) that no matter what other ingredients are in a silicone based product, your hair won't get the benefits of the other ingredients because the silicone kind of dominates (for lack of a better word).

Spagirl,

Like I said--don't know how true that is, but it does kind of make logical sense since we know that silicone products just coat the surface of the hair. I can see how the other ingredients wouldn't be able to get "through" the silicone to reach the hair.

[ QUOTE ]
I love everything I've tried from this line! E-ver-ee-thing! The Protect & Shine Serum moisturizes as well as silkens the hair. The Leave-in Protectant makes my hair shiny and smooth. The Daily Conditioner is also very nice. It's like a K-Pak lite, with more moisturizing ingredients. And, of course, the K-Pak Reconstructer is amazing!! (I can't believe my hair hated this when I tried this years ago!). It stopped my shedding dead in it's tracks! And my hair is now so strong, I could do circus acts where I swing from my hair. The entire line is great for revitalizing and making the hair feel like "new" again. Bravo, Joico!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Tee---How long did you leave in the KPak Lite and the KPak Reconstructor? Did you follow up with a moisturizing conditioner afterwards? If so, what?

Thanks in advance--
rosebud.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Tee---How long did you leave in the KPak Lite and the KPak Reconstructor? Did you follow up with a moisturizing conditioner afterwards? If so, what?

Thanks in advance--
rosebud.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only used the K-Pak Reconstructer once, and I left it on for maybe 5-7 minutes (no heat). I followed up with a mixture of L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Conditioner and Avocado oil.

I've used the K-Pak Daily Conditioner about twice a week since I got it, and I only leave it on for 1-2 minutes. Even though Joico calls this a "daily" conditioner, it does contain a fair amount of protein, so I wouldn't use it every day. The Daily Conditioner is moisturizing enough on its own and doesn't need to be followed up with a moisturizing conditioner. Compared to Aubrey Organics GPB, the Daily conditioner is a bit less moisturizing, a little more strenghthening and gives more slip. HTH!

[ QUOTE ]
prettygrl said:
the k-pak reconstuctor was $15 at Ulta

[/ QUOTE ]

Wowza! I got the reconstructor, daily conditioner and reconstructing shampoo for $15 at the Base Exchange...
grin.gif

Back