I Am Mad as Hell!!!!

akeli

I will try to keep this as brief as possible, but I have a 21-year old daughter who has a 16-year old half-brother. The boys mother is remarried and not very involved in her sons life. Anyway, her brother has been in a lot of trouble lately, his dad caught him selling drugs, and just recently found a gun in his room.

Well, his father signed him up for one of those bootcamps where they are supposed to straighten out kids. Well, here's the kicker, he expects my daughter (who isn't super close to her brother) to trick him into flying to Las Vegas so the boot camp people can forcibly pick him up from the airport once they arrive. He will not be there. I talked to my daughter and she is highly stressed about this, she feels she has to do it because her father told her that if she doesn't help, her brother will end up in prison. I tried to talk rationally about this to him and he hung up on me.

I am sooooo angry.

WOW...:nono: that just puts your daughter in a bad situation which isn't right. Keep up posted. Sorry you have to go through this.

That is absolutely punkish for him to try to put your daughter in that situation. Don't let her participate.:nono:

That is absolutely punkish for him to try to put your daughter in that situation. Don't let her participate.:nono:

He is really p***ing me off. He just called me on 3-way to have my daughter tell me she wants to take her brother and it was her idea. Nevermind that I told him she called me earlier upset. The sad part is he really believes that she wants this as much as he does. I just told him that if she goes, I will never talk to him again.

I'm sorry that your daughter has to go through this but that is NOT her responsibility. It's just setting her up for more drama in the long run. What in the hell would her own father put her in the middle of this mess?! I don't understand these men. The last person he needs to call is his own child!

Tell your daugther not to stress herself about this and make sure she doesn't talk to the father for right now. I wouldn't have my child in all of this mess. Besides, she didn't create this so why is he getting her involved?

Let us know what happens.

that's sad, she should remember that you are her Mother as he is her Dad, so she should also be considering your points... plus Mothers outweigh Fathers anyday :rolleyes:I think that is wrong for him to be putting her in such a situation.

o/t: you do not look old enough to have a 21 year old daughter.

back on topic: I hope everything works out for the best

What would happen if she refused to have any part in it?

If dad wants son to go to boot camp so bad, then dad should be there to watch as they take him away instead of sending someone else to do his bidding. How can he not understand that?

Call the police. Do you want your son to go? He can't send him anywhere w/o your permission-you still have parental rights, correct?

that's sad, she should remember that you are her Mother as he is her Dad, so she should also be considering your points... plus Mothers outweigh Fathers anyway :rolleyes:I think that is wrong for him to be putting her in such a situation.

ITA:yep:

Thank you!!

that's sad, she should remember that you are her Mother as he is her Dad, so she should also be considering your points... plus Mothers outweigh Fathers anyday :rolleyes:I think that is wrong for him to be putting her in such a situation.

I had to do a double take and re-read her post because she looks really young. I have nothing to add but support of I hope everything turns out okay.

I talked to my daughter and she said she told her dad that she isn't mentally prepared to go, but she will go for her brother. Her dad is now going to go with her.

I am still angry that he even mentioned this to her in the first place. I won't be talking to him for a long, long time. It's a shame because we got along so well for so long. :nono:

I talked to my daughter and she said she told her dad that she isn't mentally prepared to go, but she will go for her brother. Her dad is now going to go with her.

I am still angry that he even mentioned this to her in the first place. I won't be talking to him for a long, long time. It's a shame because we got along so well for so long. :nono:

Her father should not have asked her to go period. Her brother is not her responsibility, its his. What is wrong with her dad, why would he want to put her through this. What if her brother becomes violent? She does not need to witness her brother being taken away.... :nono: I just don't understand men these days...

Sounds to me like the father's scared of the fallout if bootcamp doesn't go well. Such a coward, he wants someone else to blame if the son gets violent.

If I were you I'd find out when they need to head to the airport and call ur daughter and tell her there's an emergency so she needs to come home straight away. When she gets home just give her some ice cream to cheer her up.

I appreciate to degree she should support her brother and try and nip this in the bud but her dad is going about her involvement the wrong way. This could get very ugly so he needs to make sure whatever decisions he makes won't cause harm to any of his kids.

I am still angry that he even mentioned this to her in the first place.
I won't be talking to him for a long, long time. It's a shame because we got along so well for so long. :nono:
I am too.:sad:

I agree I would be pissed off if my ex put my child in the middle of his mess. In addition to that he might ruin the relationship your daughter has for her brother forever, Why can't he get him some help in a better way, I don't agree with bootcamp for everyone espeicaly after the kid died in one turn me completely off. I rather have him scared straight then possibly dead. OH gosh My prayer are really with you, I can't even think of something better for neither one of those children. God be with you and your daughter.

Sounds to me like the father's scared of the fallout if bootcamp doesn't go well. Such a coward, he wants someone else to blame if the son gets violent.

If I were you I'd find out when they need to head to the airport and call ur daughter and tell her there's an emergency so she needs to come home straight away. When she gets home just give her some ice cream to cheer her up.

I appreciate to degree she should support her brother and try and nip this in the bud but her dad is going about her involvement the wrong way. This could get very ugly so he needs to make sure whatever decisions he makes won't cause harm to any of his kids.

This is exactly how I feel. I feel like he is harming my daughter to save his son. Him and the boys mother created the mess, I believe that they alone should clean it up.

I agree I would be pissed off if my ex put my child in the middle of his mess. In addition to that he might ruin the relationship your daughter has for her brother forever, Why can't he get him some help in a better way, I don't agree with bootcamp for everyone espeicaly after the kid died in one turn me completely off. I rather have him scared straight then possibly dead. OH gosh My prayer are really with you, I can't even think of something better for neither one of those children. God be with you and your daughter.

Thank you, I am praying that the situation doesn't get messy.

I will try to keep this as brief as possible, but I have a 21-year old daughter who has a 16-year old half-brother. The boys mother is remarried and not very involved in her sons life. Anyway, her brother has been in a lot of trouble lately, his dad caught him selling drugs, and just recently found a gun in his room.

Well, his father signed him up for one of those bootcamps where they are supposed to straighten out kids. Well, here's the kicker, he expects my daughter (who isn't super close to her brother) to trick him into flying to Las Vegas so the boot camp people can forcibly pick him up from the airport once they arrive. He will not be there. I talked to my daughter and she is highly stressed about this, she feels she has to do it because her father told her that if she doesn't help, her brother will end up in prison. I tried to talk rationally about this to him and he hung up on me.

I am sooooo angry.

I have no comment mami but you have 21 year old? You look good mami chula!

I just talked to my daughter, and her father is not going. He claims that the counselors don't want him to be there. He is such a jerk!!!!

I just talked to my daughter, and her father is not going. He claims that the counselors don't want him to be there. He is such a jerk!!!!

Please tell me that your daughter is NOT going also!! If anyone should be there it's both parents! I can't believe this!

Neither of his parents are going. His mother won't even take the day off to take him to the airport. And they wonder why there son is in such deep trouble.:nono:

My daughter is still going, she flies out in the morning.

I had just read that "Dad" was going and NOW he's NOT?! Oh brother!

Well I say your daughter is a FINE YOUNG WOMAN and you should be PROUD of her. You are raising her to be a courageous and brave woman.

If she does go, let us pray that she is steeled and that things go off without a hitch. WOW. Unbelievable.

My heart goes out to you, your daughter and her brother.

Back