I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 months!

Re: I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 mon

@sweetgal I have 4a/b hair. It is knots up easily. I can only leave cornrolls in 4 weeks or it's a dreaded mess. I think the only reason it didn't do too bad this time was I haven't been cowashing as often.
I think it may be the biotin causing the breakouts. :ohwell: I'm going to try to get my system used to it by only using it once a week. Then twice a week, then 3x's,etc... And on my biotin days I'll do as you suggest, drink mad amounts of water and use a b complex. Thanks!

Your hair sounds like my hair. I have not been co-washing as much for fear of execissive tangles, plus this is my first time trying this method so I decided to be careful.

Yes I think it's the biotin. I think I will try your method of increasing the dosage little by little. Honestly, I want longer hair, but if my face is going to breakout. I will wait for it to naturally grow in...:lachen:

I have had bad skin for years and now it's finally cleared up. I even get compliments sometimes. So I cant take the risk. LOL

We are going to be alright :)

Re: I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 mon

I have been using a modified version of this method for about 6 months now. I have only been wearing my wigs to work. On my days off I usually do some sort of PS and I spray my length with Scurl.

Lately I haven't been as consistent but with full MBL so close I'm falling back in line :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

I cant wait until I'm there! How long have you been growing your hair out? How long did it take you to get to where you are now?

Taking my corrows out next weekend... TOO excited to see how much growth I got! I even have my DH talking about "countdown to 5" LOL... "5" is where APL is on my length check shirt :grin:

bride91501 inspired me to join this "community..." Lol.
Anyway, I'm late but I'd like to join, starting on May 1 if that's okay! I'm not sure how long I'll do this, but definitely until the end of summer.
I plan to wash and henna gloss my hair at the beginning of the month, and wear my hair out for a week in a Curlformers set to stretch it out to be dusted once a month and enjoy my hair while out. Then the next week, I'll rinse and do a hardcore protein treatment, DC, seal, and then braid to go under the wig for the next 3 weeks.

What is your PS of choice? Connected braids (I can't cornrow) under half-wigs
Are you natural or relaxed? Natural
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? Shea Moisture Masque
What are you using to seal before braiding? Avocado butter
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? Water
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? Shea Moisture Moisture Spray alternating with ApHogee Green Tea spray, and sealing with avocado butter
How often will you wash? What method? What products? I only plan to wash with Yes to Carrots shampoo once a month. I will just rinse really well the other weeks
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? ApHogee 2-Step once a month
What else might you add to reach your goals? I'm going to use MoeGro oil on my scalp 4-5 times a week.

Taking my corrows out next weekend... TOO excited to see how much growth I got! I even have my DH talking about "countdown to 5" LOL... "5" is where APL is on my length check shirt :grin:

LOL at the countdown to take down:lachen:

I'm still in this ladies:grin: I installed a set of yarn braids earlier this week. I'm going to try and make it 6 weeks with this set:yep: Did anyone else check out LadyP's book? I grabbed a copy to support a sistah:yep:

I'm a blonde today:look:....I fell off the Deeper Moisture MOvement, but I'm trying to get back on the wagon! This is a wig from samsbeauty.com. I think it was like $15. I forgot the name :nono:, but it's a freetress wig.

Attachments

• erk.jpg
    erk.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 88
Re: I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 m

Ladies, please don't leave me in this challenge all by my lonesome....where's everybody?? :look: :grin:

I know the warm weather has everyone wanting to free their hair. Me too actually :ohwell: so I had to go buy some new wigs to distract me :grin:

The first is Monroe by Freetress (sp), and the second is by Beshe (I forget the name)

PLEASE excuse the ghost face in the 2nd pic :lachen: I had just woken up :lol:

IMG_20110515_162737.jpg

IMG_20110516_171840-1.jpg

sheba1 I know it's been a long time since you first posted this thread, but I just want to say, "Thank you!" because this is right along the lines of what I felt would be right for my hair, but I had no idea someone had perfected the technique, and now I can avoid a lot of trial and error. So glad you brought this to the fore -- and with great detail.

Yay @Charla ! U joining us?

Yes, Ma'am! Got my hair braider coming on Saturday! I'm so ready. I had already dedicded that I'm going to heavily moisturize my hair every day this week before my hair is braided, so I should be good to go. (I use Aussie Moist(AM) [wash out kind] +castor oil+avj)

Now I'm researching hard proteins and I need to buy some Infusium (I'll mix the Infusium, distilled water and my AM mixture to use as my braid spray. Shooting to leave the braids in 2-4 weeks at a time. Hum, I guess I better fill out the survey questions. Let me get on that...

What is your PS of choice?
Half wigs
Are you natural or relaxed?
Natural
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method?
Aussie Moist mix
What are you using to seal before braiding?
Castor Oil
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added?
Distilled Water
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products?
Spray made from Infusium, Distilled Water & AM mix (Aussie Moist wash out conditioner + castor oil + avj)
How often will you wash? What method? What products?
Heavy rinse w/ water in shower 1x weekly, Giovanni to wash scalp 1x weekly, Co-wash braids every 2 weeks.
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often?
Not sure yet.
What else might you add to reach your goals?
Already applying sulfur oil.

I am not sure if someone said this already but for my nape I do a cornrow that goes to the side to make sure my nape won't get rubbed off.

Just got my hair braided in 6 cornrows straight back. I left the front out so I can wear half wigs. I also left the nape out so it won't get pulled out and break! I feel so free with my hair braided away!
I'm gonna try to keep them in for 3-4 weeks. I sealed the braid ends with castor oil then a dab of ecostyler gel to hold them and put a protective shield on them!

Re: I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 m

Ladies, please don't leave me in this challenge all by my lonesome....where's everybody?? :look: :grin:
I'm still here. But this method is just toooooo easy. It's been about 4 weeks for this set of cornrolls. I took the nape out and rebraided. My goal is to take the whole thing out, wash, deep condition flat iron and get it trimmed. I really need a haircut or atleast a trim. It's been 6+ months since the last one. But I'm sooooo lazy and this method has spoiled me rotten.:yep:

I've been following this for the past 8 days and I'm loving it. I just washed for the first time last night (forget that once a month thing - I am definitely washing every week... lol) and DC'ed. I've been wearing Sensationnel HZ-7047. It has a loose wave.
I've been wearing it in a fishtail braid for the past 3 or 4 days:
Photo+on+2011-05-18+at+13.17.jpg

Photo+on+2011-05-18+at+13.16.jpg

I am going to set it in a braid & curl either today or on Monday and wear it down for a few days. I've noticed that it can get tangled in the nape area if it's rubbing up too much on my shoulders/back, so I will probably put it into a braid-out messy bun or something after, and then I'll probably do a French braid. I just need it to last until June 9. It's a cheap wig so I know it's not meant to last that long, and it doesn't help that I took it out of the bag months ago, but I made one of the curly Sensationnel wigs last almost an entire summer (though it was easier since the tangles didn't matter too much) so I can make it work for the next couple of weeks.
I'm loving the ease of just slapping it on, and I'm using this as an opportunity to force myself into learning how to cornrow. The ones I have in are... interesting looking... lol. But I hope to get better with practice every month.

davisbr88 - you and those dimples are just too cute! I don't know how anyone could ever stay mad at you..flash those things and it's a wrap! :grin:

Re the cornrows- it definitely gets easier the more practice you get. My first cornrows weren't fit to see the light of day :lol: but my skills have definitely improved :yep:

Last edited:

davisbr88 - you and those dimples are just too cute! I don't know how anyone could ever stay mad at you..flash those things and it's a wrap! :grin:

Re the cornrows- it definitely gets easier the more practice you get. My first cornrows weren't fit to see the light of day :lol: but my skills have definitely improved :yep:

Hahaha. Thanks but people tend to have a love/hate relationship with me. I have short people's complex so... I can be a straight beeeeeyotch! :lachen:
And I'm hoping so! I am going to get plenty of practice between now and the end of the year!

If it's not too late I would love to join.. I just ordered this half wig and since I work from home all I would have to do it just slap this bad boy on if I need to go pick up some things from the store..

When I get all the products I plan to use I will come back to answer..

Attachments

• Straight Natural Afro.jpg
    Straight Natural Afro.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 76

Hey Everyone

I've been feeling down about my hair lately. The positive is that my first alopecia spot has grown tremendously.. the hair is almost neck length so im not worried about that anymore. The other one is doing well. The negative is that my hair feels thinner that it did 2 years ago, I don't know whats going on. I've been drinking egg-shakes for the past 6 months, iron pills, cod liver oil, and a multi-vit

While the first 2 months with a wig worked well, I dont think braids worked well for my hair like they did in the past.

Overall my hair feels thin and I think its porous. Im going to start this method again on Jun 1st. I bought a nice curly lace front online and I may by another full-lace wig. Then I'll doing everything I did at the beginning of the year but also add some roux porosity control to my DC.

Trying not to fell so blue...

davisbr88 you are absolutely gorgeous!! ur skin is so pretty, and those dimples!:drool:

*jealous - goes to mirror to practice smiling, so as best accentuate her ONE dimple*

:sweet:I have been reading :fan:this thread for days like a maniac. I will be supporting and lurking and hoping it may be the solution for me.

cutiebe2: Don't feel down. Even if your hair is a bit thin, you can always slowly trim away those sections as your hair grows in when you're really ready. Have you seen the Alopecia support thread? I think Bronze Bombshell started it a long time ago.

bajandoc86: Oh my goodness. Gorgeous, though? Wow! That actually caught me off guard. Thank you so much.
*shares one of her 4 dimples for your other cheek*

UGH! I have only had my cornrows in 9 days, and I am dying to get COMPLETE access to my scalp! (Especially since I apply my sulfur oil.) I am so tempted to take these cornrows down. How do you ladies deal with this? If I do take them down, is there an alternative means I can use to better control and lock away my hair under my wigs? thanks.

@cutiebe2: Don't feel down. Even if your hair is a bit thin, you can always slowly trim away those sections as your hair grows in when you're really ready. Have you seen the Alopecia support thread? I think Bronze Bombshell started it a long time ago.

@bajandoc86: Oh my goodness. Gorgeous, though? Wow! That actually caught me off guard. Thank you so much.
*shares one of her 4 dimples for your other cheek*
thanks for the support! Yeah I have been apart of the alopecia support thread since I found my first bald spot two years ago. Like I said, the alopecia spots have done great and grew back thank God. But my hair feels thinner although I don't know if its in my head. I hope the shedding has subsided.

I reordered Cod Liver oil, iron pills, and BioSil. Ill be braiding up as soon as my new wig gets here. Ill make sure to pick up some porosity control too. We shall see what happens at the end of six months. I hope to see great improvement and then continue through the winter and be done with wigs etc in 2012!!!! #positivity. Its just frustrating because I should have been at my goal by now #ohwell

Charla: Yeah, I took my cornrows down last night because my scalp was itching like crazy! I clarified, and applied my DC, sealed it with avocado butter and braided it in like 10 or 11 braids. I am going to put in some twists and put them in an updo for the next week and a half before I braid my hair back up again. I only had my cornrows in for like 16 days but they were driving me insaaaaaane. My scalp still itches a little but definitely not as intensely. I don't know what is causing it!

cutiebe2: Good! Well you will be at your goal in no time! Positivity is the best motivator :)

Okay can I say this system is great. I have been trying it about 10 days now and my hair feels different already. I took it down for a wash and I did not have any shed hairs yippeee!!! I wear a half wig I even go to the gym in it, its great. I guess this is another challenge I have fallen into. thanks sheba1 and the original Lady Paniola

@Charla: Yeah, I took my cornrows down last night because my scalp was itching like crazy! I clarified, and applied my DC, sealed it with avocado butter and braided it in like 10 or 11 braids. I am going to put in some twists and put them in an updo for the next week and a half before I braid my hair back up again. I only had my cornrows in for like 16 days but they were driving me insaaaaaane. My scalp still itches a little but definitely not as intensely. I don't know what is causing it :)

davisbr88
I finally gave up and took my braids out yesterday. I still love this method and I will continue to wear my wigs, but I think I need to just put my hair in plaits instead of cornrows so I can access my scalp better.

Yeah, I love the method, but I think I am going to do the rest of the year in Senegalese twists instead... I guess I'll be following Crown & Glory method instead. The two seem very similar with the exception of sealing in the DC.

could this be done in kinky twists or braids w/extensions? wouldnt the extension hair slip b/c of the product on the hair..

Back