I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 months!

Re: I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 mon

:scratchch I don't measure my hair. (No reason...just lazy and I only count the bench marks.) Before the challenge it was 1-2 inches away from apl.After the challenge it about 2-3 inches from bsl. ? (I don't know if you can click the pic and kinda see my black bra under that white shirt)

Re: I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 mon

Before and after.
This was a great challenge. Super easy. I wasn't consistant with the vitamins though.View attachment 127683 This year I'm going to concentrate on...

~wearing my natural hair
~thickening it up
~establishing a qucik and easy routine

I see a difference, how long did you do Lady P method?

Sept.2010-Oct.2011 (I also had a couple of trims thrown in there.)

So, is anyone else doing this type of protective style? I started it and am on week three of this set of cornrows. So far so good. We'll see how my hair looks when I take them out at the end of 4 weeks.

I'm using YouTube to document the challenge.

I believe I wanna try this with buns tho & half wigs!

This challenge is the easiest challenge ever. But be careful, buying wigs can become addictive.:blush::yep:

This challenge is the easiest challenge ever. But be careful, buying wigs can become addictive.:blush::yep:

You got that right! I'm trying to behave and not switch up the wigs every other week. But sometimes, I'm like "why not?", lol!

Did my first cowash in this set of plaits this morning. I began using a mn/megatek/various oils mix on my scalp this month. So I'll be cowashing every 5 days at least. I then added the kimmaytube and aphogee leave in to my plaits. I'm not wearing wigs yet. I think I'll start next week as the plaits look a little more fuzzy.

My goal is to keep this set in until Dec 2.

HHJ to all.

Did my first cowash in this set of plaits this morning. I began using a mn/megatek/various oils mix on my scalp this month. So I'll be cowashing every 5 days at least. I then added the kimmaytube and aphogee leave in to my plaits. I'm not wearing wigs yet. I think I'll start next week as the plaits look a little more fuzzy.

My goal is to keep this set in until Dec 2.

HHJ to all.

ojemba: this is my plan too!! I've got my wig on now, and I'm on week 2 of my cornrows. Im using a MN/sulfur mix in my scalp every night, and I wash every 5 days. I wanted to try Megatek, but when I keep hearing about shedding while using it, it makes me nervous. Have you used it b4?

@ojemba: this is my plan too!! I've got my wig on now, and I'm on week 2 of my cornrows. Im using a MN/sulfur mix in my scalp every night, and I wash every 5 days. I wanted to try Megatek, but when I keep hearing about shedding while using it, it makes me nervous. Have you used it b4?

sunbubbles I've used the Megatek before but not consistently. I didn't get any increase in shedding but I did add lots of oils to my mix. I use it only on my scalp, not the way it's recommended on the bottle. So far so good. The good thing about having the plaits I can periodically take one down and check to see what's going on.

Last edited:

To get under cornrows you can use an applicator bottle. Maybe the sulfur is not liquid. I use the applicator bottle to direct oil application.

I want to do this challenge as well. I just got my cornrows last Friday, so it's not quite a week yet. I'll be getting them rebraided every 4 weeks. Wigging it up and taking my supplements!

Last edited:

I am starting this challenge today actually! I love long braids too much so I'll be alternating between braids (2 months) and wigs (3 months). Im getting my wig made today!

sheba1

How long is this challenge. I want to join but noticed that your original post was in 09/2010.

I'm joining. I made a upart wig that I'm going to wear and once I get my closure I will make another wig with a silk closure to put away my leave out

This has been the best for my hair!!!! I am rocking this challenge until BSL!

jazzie710natural - you can join, as this challenge starts when you start using the DMM

hth

Anyone losing their hairline from constant wig wearing?

Isn't this challenge over next month? I hope there's a reveal. I don't want to see a whole year challenge go to waste. :(

Sent from my LG-MS690 using LG-MS690

Did any relaxed ladies do this challenge? It looks like most are natural? If you are relaxed, did you relax in between or just waited for the one year mark?

Did any relaxed ladies do this challenge? It looks like most are natural? If you are relaxed, did you relax in between or just waited for the one year mark?

I'm relaxed, been on and off with :look:this but when i was on it was great!:grin:

I relaxed every 4/5 months giving myself about a week before and after my relaxer to let my hair settle before re-braiding again.

I'm relaxed, been on and off with :look:this but when i was on it was great!:grin:

I relaxed every 4/5 months giving myself about a week before and after my relaxer to let my hair settle before re-braiding again.

Thanks! I have been thinking about trying this, but I think I would have to take the braids out every 15 days/2 wks. Anymore relaxed ladies.

Thanks! I have been thinking about trying this, but I think I would have to take the braids out every 15 days/2 wks. Anymore relaxed ladies.

janeemat I just restarted this reggi and its working great for me. I'll be redoing my plaits every 2-3 weeks.

I don't plait my hair when it's wet I spray some avj then moisturize and seal after the plaits are done.

@janeemat I just restarted this reggi and its working great for me. I'll be redoing my plaits every 2-3 weeks.

I don't plait my hair when it's wet I spray some avj then moisturize and seal after the plaits are done.

Do you plan to relax your hair on your regular schedule? What is avj? How are you plaiting your hair?

pre_medicalrulz I have found only wigs with bangs work for me that way the wig isn't sitting and rubbing on my hair line. I don't use stocking caps either I use a doo-rag.

pre_medicalrulz
I use a lace front and I have done the following things:

1. switched to a Du-rag (cut off the bottom) rather than a stocking cap

2. took out the combs

3. Just pinned down the LF in the corners with bobby pins, never glue or tape
4. Keep my hairline moisturized all the time

The only problem I am having is my head is big or something because other girls on YT can just place the wig on their head without pinning it down, the lace does lay flat on my head. I think I need to make smaller braids next month so that its flatter on my head..

just spying in for a reveal...

Back