I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 months!

Re: I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 mon

Nasdaq_Diva

I think I took a few pics, let me check my camera.

It holds up allright with the washing. I just try to be careful not to mess with it too much. That's where the ayurvedic tea rinses have been ideal. This last time I also wore a wig cap over it while I rinsed it off.

This last beehive lasted 5 weeks and probably could have stayed intact for a little longer, but I think that I dont want to go past 4 in the future.

Re: I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 mon

BUMP!!!! Can I use yoghurt as my hard protein? maybe mixed with coconut milk?

I never have tried, so I can't speak on it.

@Nixx22jam- I've heard from some of the other ladies that eggs and yogurt are considered "harder" protein treatments. I've done a protein treatment using eggs and yogurt before....I'm terrified of trying the aphogee 2 step on my hair (I just use the 2 minute reconstuctor), but the eggs and yogurt didn't cause any damage. My hair actually felt pretty strong afterwards (although it took longer to get that "soft" feeling back, even after a couple of moisturizing DCs). I think you should be fine...maybe mix a little moisturizing condish in the mix for the first time just to be safe?

HTH

Thanks for sharing your experience.... I've never tried that.

I took down my braids yesterday and wash, protein( with Duo tex), and DC. I applied the products for DMM but I did not braid my hair down:lol:. I will be cornrowing my hair tonight.

I have fallen off this challenge hard!... I am wearing a sew in right now but I will jump BACK in this challenge before I reinstall. I'm not sure how this method will work with a sew in but I will try to tweak it.

I took my hair down for the second time ..heaven!!! I have fine, thin hair and there was no breakage with take down. Unfortunately, there was some breakage when I started washing, but I have come to the realization that my hair will always break. Anyway, I clarified henna'd, and then DC'd

So now I am in braids (senagalese twist to be exact). One thing that I learned is I should bring my own moisturizer. I put some leave-in and DC on my hair before I left but it was still on the dry side so they ended up putting in their own crap on my hair (luckily not too much). Plus the braids are a but smaller than I wanted..not micros or anything, but still small

So how do I go about doing this regimen with braids? Can I do a ACV rinse (I want to offset the alkaline-ness of the hair, I didn't have time to soak it in white vinegar like I have done in the past). How do I do a DC? When I had braids before I would dilute some regular condish..should I do that again?

I am loving this method I really think this is the key to my hair finally getting to BSL.

Thanks for any answers to my Qs!

Four weeks later I am washing again today! I have alot of build up I wonder if its from the sulfur and frequent co-washing.

Good luck ladies I'm bowing out of this challenge I came out of hiding this month and love playing in my hair!

I'm still going strong. This system is soooo easy. I have fallen off on the vitamins so, I'll have to get back on the wagon with them. Hair is growing nicely. I really need a good trim and dye job. I have no idea when all that will take place though. I'm currently wearing LaJay.

I've had my hair out for a few weeks (in french braids though) so i think it's about time to go back in. I'll put them back in this weekend and leave in for all of April and go back into my french braid for a couple weeks in May.

I'm still wigging it!!! I've graduated from halfwigs to synthetic whole lace wigs. I'm about to purchase my very first human hair whole lace wig. :grin: I'm enjoying this so much I might keep wearing wigs permanently. :look:

Sent from my DROIDX using Long Hair Care Forum App

Hey Ladies,

I decided to join this challenge. I actually bought a wig last week and I'm currently wearing my wig over my cornrows which are braided in a circle style. My wig is a lace front and I cut the lace out. I'm currently transitioning to natural :) I'm glad to be back here after what has seemed to be a 4 year hair hiatus.

I'm baaaaack! :)

I took a month off to experiment with a couple of different styles, but I'm so glad to be back in my cornrows lol. I've learned that PSs work best for my life, and this challenge is what I need right now.

Anyway, I trimmed off all my growth for this month :( but I'm glad I did because my hair definitely needed a trim. I've been having detangling issues and couldn't get to the bottom of it, but the trim has definitely helped to address this issue.

I henna'd last week, CW'd and did a light PT right before I applied my DC, sealed with SB and braided my hair 2 days ago.

Also, I ran out of my regular vitamins, so I picked up some "Futurebiotics Hair, Skin & Nails" multivitamins from my local drug store. Anyone had any experience with these?

Hey Ladies-

I'm no longer an offical participant of this challenge but every so often I will wear a wig. After wearing my wig for the last 3 weeks I've had a set back. I lost an inch of hair in my nape area.:violin:

Its all my fault. I cornrowed my own hair which was a no no. For some reason I just can't braid my own hair. I did straight backs with a horizontal braid at the nape. Half way in the braid came aloose (my nape is thin and 3b). Instead of rebraiding becuase I clearly suck at it I twisted it up. I so upset with myself :angry2:. I want to try wigging it again becuase I know it's good for retention but I'm afraid to let someone else braid my hair.

Any advice? If not that's fine. I just needed to vent.:diver:

transitioning? - now you know I'm not letting you out that easy, right?

I'm sorry to hear about your setback. I have the EXACT type of hair at my nape....I use to think it was 4a, but it's definitely not. Very silky, fine, with a VERY loose 3b type of curl. I self-cornrow pretty well, but if I didn't i'd put single small plaits in that area instead, connecting them one into another if need be. Then I'd bobby pin the end under the plait to protect it.

Do you think you could make this work?

What exactly is this method as I can't seem to find it, is there a link to the orgional method? Thanks

I've been watching and participating since February, so I guess now is a good time to come out of the shadows :grin:

Here are my stats:
What is your PS of choice? Cornrows under wigs, maybe a sew in in the summer.
Are you natural or relaxed? Natural
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method?I alternate between Nexxus Humectress and Elasta QP.
What are you using to seal before braiding? My Shea Butter Mixes
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? Aphogee Keratin Green Tea Spray.
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? My version of Kimmay's Leave in and my shea butter mixes.
How often will you wash? What method? What products? I will COWASH every week with whatever cheapie condish I have on hand mixed with Aritha, or Amla, or whatever herbs I have on hand.
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? I'll be usining Aphogee's 2step every 8-12 weeks.
What else might you add to reach your goals? I'll use Wild Growth Oil on my scalp every few days, and I'll DC once a week with Aphgee 2 minute reconstructor so I won't be worried about too much moisture.

I'm going to start incorporating Henna and Ayruverdic [sp lol] herbs once I run out of my commercial products:drunk:

Last edited:
transitioning? - now you know I'm not letting you out that easy, right?

I'm sorry to hear about your setback. I have the EXACT type of hair at my nape....I use to think it was 4a, but it's definitely not. Very silky, fine, with a VERY loose 3b type of curl. I self-cornrow pretty well, but if I didn't i'd put single small plaits in that area instead, connecting them one into another if need be. Then I'd bobby pin the end under the plait to protect it.

Do you think you could make this work?

Haha. I need that push.

Yup our nape is the same.

I will try those kinda braids and get back. If not kinky twists here I come

Sent from my PC36100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Hey Ladies...I haven't posted here in a min bc I've been wearing my natural hair :blush: but I have to show you guys my new fav LF :lick:

Attachments

• DSCN4565.jpg
    DSCN4565.jpg
    467.8 KB · Views: 136
  • DSCN4567.JPG
    DSCN4567.JPG
    249.6 KB · Views: 133

Hey Ladies...I haven't posted here in a min bc I've been wearing my natural hair :blush: but I have to show you guys my new fav LF :lick:

Uummmm, missy?? (*taps screen*) You know better than that...spill the details!! That wig is cute! Brand, website, price- spill it! :grin:

Haha. I need that push.

Yup our nape is the same.

I will try those kinda braids and get back. If not kinky twists here I come

Yaay! I'm glad you were talked off the cliff lol. Make sure you come back and let us know how it worked out :)

Uummmm, missy?? (*taps screen*) You know better than that...spill the details!! That wig is cute! Brand, website, price- spill it! :grin:

Oops sorry :blush::nono: Thanks! It's a Chinese Human Hair Full Lace wig from bestlacewigs.com named sw007....I ordered it about a month or two ago so I don't remember the exact price, but it's a little steep at around $190, I believe. Since it was from a Chinese vendor, the prices were much more reasonable than the full human lace wigs from American companies. It arrived in like 2 days, which was FANTASTIC.

What exactly is this method as I can't seem to find it, is there a link to the orgional method? Thanks

butterfly_wings here's the information from the first page of the challenge:

Hair braided in circle with the "Deep Moisture Method" (description to follow)
- Braids are left for 1 to 2 months
- Shampoo and DC weekly while still in braids
- Moisturize and seal as needed while still in braids
- Sleep with satin bonnet
- Hard protein every 6 to 8 weeks after braids are removed (essential, according to LadyP because of Deep Moisture Method)
- LadyP's vitamin regi: "Vitamins for the Hair, from Puritan's Pride, gelatin, garlic oil and Vitamin E"
- LadyP also does henna treatments but I'm not sure how frequently. I'll be replacing these with ayurveda tea rinses while braids still in.

Deep Moisture Method Description:

Quote:
About my Deep Moisture Method
Rate this Entry
5 Comments
by LadyPaniolo on 02-24-2010 at 01:21 PM (415 Views)
It's not really mine, I stole it from Chicorro but I use it! lol

The hair needs to be damp, so you can either do this after a wash or you can wet your hair with a spray bottle. It works especially well after a protein treatment.

Spray Bottle: The contents of my spray bottle vary from day to day, but what's usually in there is: Infusium 23 leave-in, braid spray like African Royale or a moisturizing leave-in spray like Elasta QP makes. About 1/3 water, some aloe vera gel (it has a juice consistency). Sometimes I add tea tree oil or jojoba oil.

Wet the hair, and section into tiny sections. To each section apply a good Deep Conditioner. Massage it into your hair, don't rush. Once it's absorbed, seal. Use something heavy with a greasy texture lol.

Thanks, I did see this, but do you have to keep the hair damp/wet each day or just on the day that you briad it, also is it correct that you dont wash out the DC?

I've been slacking y'all. I need to get back on it. I've been enjoying my hair though. :yep:

Hi all! I'm still hanging in there. I took my corn rolls out at 5 1/2 weeks instead of 4. The back was starting to get matted, so I was just in time. I'm sleeping in egg and mayo tonight and DMM tomorrow. My hair is growing!!!!! I keep slacking on the vitamins though. One of them breaks me out in these big nasty bumps on my face. NOT cute. :nono: Maybe I'll just try one at a time until I figure it out.
I have yet to color. Maybe in a month or two. I'm still wearing my favs...Freetress Arcadia Girl and LaJay. This system is sooooooo easy. It's so me!:grin:

Because of this method I am now (scraping) MBL. I am soooo excited. This is the longest my hair has been as an adult. I will try to post pics but I always wind up screwing it up somehow LOL!

Hi all! I'm still hanging in there. I took my corn rolls out at 5 1/2 weeks instead of 4. The back was starting to get matted, so I was just in time. I'm sleeping in egg and mayo tonight and DMM tomorrow. My hair is growing!!!!! I keep slacking on the vitamins though. One of them breaks me out in these big nasty bumps on my face. NOT cute. :nono: Maybe I'll just try one at a time until I figure it out.
I have yet to color. Maybe in a month or two. I'm still wearing my favs...Freetress Arcadia Girl and LaJay. This system is sooooooo easy. It's so me!:grin:

I have had my cornrows in for 3.5 weeks and I was thinking of leaving mine until 6 weeks. However my hair has the tendency to tangle and matt easily.

I'm glad you posted this. I think I will take mine done at 4 weeks.
Also what is your hair type? Mine is 4b so it loves to tangle and lock up like nothing :ohwell:

Also I had the exact same issues with biotin breaking me out into some nasty bumps :perplexed. I heard that it maybe because you are not drinking enough water or because you are not taking them with other B vitamins.

HHG :drunk:

Because of this method I am now (scraping) MBL. I am soooo excited. This is the longest my hair has been as an adult. I will try to post pics but I always wind up screwing it up somehow LOL!

I'm so happy to hear this :) How long have you been using this method? What was the length you started out with? Please post pics of you hair soon. I need some inspiration. I'm currently transitioning and have cut alot of my length off

sweetgal I have 4a/b hair. It is knots up easily. I can only leave cornrolls in 4 weeks or it's a dreaded mess. I think the only reason it didn't do too bad this time was I haven't been cowashing as often.
I think it may be the biotin causing the breakouts. :ohwell: I'm going to try to get my system used to it by only using it once a week. Then twice a week, then 3x's,etc... And on my biotin days I'll do as you suggest, drink mad amounts of water and use a b complex. Thanks!

I have been using a modified version of this method for about 6 months now. I have only been wearing my wigs to work. On my days off I usually do some sort of PS and I spray my length with Scurl.

Lately I haven't been as consistent but with full MBL so close I'm falling back in line :)

Back