I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 months!

Re: I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 mon

Are any of you experiencing itching? The parts of my braids itch (the intching goes on and off) and I can't understand it. I shampooed the parts a few days ago which helped a bit but I don't know what was irritating my scalp. Maybe I should moisturize more? I just DC once a week and they apply a tiny bit of moisturizer once a week. And I wear a wrap more than wigs (im in college so its easier)

Re: I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 mon

I haven't posted often but I'm still trucking right along with this regi. I absolutely love it! So easy for my busy lifestyle. Anywho, I took my braids down and DMM on Dec.14 (no Apoghee) and again Jan.29 (w/Apoghee treatment) I'm about an inch pass APL. My hair is really growing but the thing that is driving me crazy is the lead hair thing. I was like 'What the @#%$!!!!!' I thought my ends were breaking off and didn't understand why, until I read this thread.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ha...ssion/498690-thin-ends-lead-hairs-update.html
I should have known you ladies would know what was going on. I was ready to chop off about 4 inches! I think I'm going to trim the ends about a half inch to maybe a full inch and just wait it out since I don't plan on wearing it down until May or September.
I haven't really kept up with my vitamins like I should have. But this session that is going to change. I think my hair is not as thick and full as it was just 5-8 years ago. I'm pre-menopausal and that may have something to do with it. Sooo, I really need to step it up with the supplements and vitamins.
Last session I wore London Girl. This session I'm wearing Arcadia Girl again in 1B. Well, that's it for now :yep:

Are any of you experiencing itching? The parts of my braids itch (the intching goes on and off) and I can't understand it. I shampooed the parts a few days ago which helped a bit but I don't know what was irritating my scalp. Maybe I should moisturize more? I just DC once a week and they apply a tiny bit of moisturizer once a week. And I wear a wrap more than wigs (im in college so its easier)
No itching over here. I braid my own hair and I don't pull or braid tight. Many years ago when I allowed others to touch my hair, I would have the itches from pro braiders. However, the braids were kinda tight. Not hair lost tight but tighter than what I do. hmmm ....maybe you want to ask in the braids thread or search the board, I'm sure someone has experienced this.

Finally put my flat twisted beehive back in (I've been procrastinating).

Hopefully it will last the full 2 weeks, maybe we can go to 3

No itching over here. I braid my own hair and I don't pull or braid tight. Many years ago when I allowed others to touch my hair, I would have the itches from pro braiders. However, the braids were kinda tight. Not hair lost tight but tighter than what I do. hmmm ....maybe you want to ask in the braids thread or search the board, I'm sure someone has experienced this.
I braid my own hair as well and it was not tight at all. Unfortunately I think I have eczema:ohwell: I've been itching a ton in my ear and on the crown of my head, which is the same exact places I used to itch when I had it bad as a child. I've been using shea butter on my skin so I guess that kept it at bay. I plan on doing a light sugar/EVOO scrub to get some flakes off and then just moisturizing like crazy on that spot.

I took down my hair today and was surprised at how moisturized it was. I had no matting at all! I am putting in some oil now and will leave that in until I can detangle, wahs, condition, and braid again.

In terms of growth, I trimmed a bit right before I braided so it looks like I just grew that back. Two weeks ago I really started on my vit regimen and started back with my morning egglet shake, so I am hoping Feb. will bring me lots of growth:yep:

HHG Ladies!!!

Yep, sounds like eczema to me as well. My son has eczema also. Hubby is going to take him to get a haircut tomorrow. I dread his haircuts because the barbers always pull hubby to the side and mention his scalp and how he needs this or that dandruff shampoo which does nothing to remedy his condition.
He's allergic to tree nuts so I can't use anything like shea, or coconut on his scalp. But your mixture of sugar and evoo might work. I'm going to try it out on his scalp before he goes. I'll let you know how it works.

I don't know if it works or not - eczema runs in my family, but seems to skip every other generation. My oldest son used to have it bad as a child but is 14 now & appears to have outgrown it - don't ask me how.

I don't know if it's true or not but I've read somewhere & heard people say that Crisco is great for eczema. Also, I don't know if you subscribe to holistic health but my herb lady says that eczema usually stems from an overgrowth of yeast in the body - so things like diet & detoxing could also help.

Yep, sounds like eczema to me as well. My son has eczema also. Hubby is going to take him to get a haircut tomorrow. I dread his haircuts because the barbers always pull hubby to the side and mention his scalp and how he needs this or that dandruff shampoo which does nothing to remedy his condition.
He's allergic to tree nuts so I can't use anything like shea, or coconut on his scalp. But your mixture of sugar and evoo might work. I'm going to try it out on his scalp before he goes. I'll let you know how it works.
How old is your son? Time was the best medicine for my eczema. I went bald from it when I was 2 so I had it realy bad as a child but every year it gets better. Thick lotion works well too..like Eurcerin (sp?)
I don't know if it works or not - eczema runs in my family, but seems to skip every other generation. My oldest son used to have it bad as a child but is 14 now & appears to have outgrown it - don't ask me how.

I don't know if it's true or not but I've read somewhere & heard people say that Crisco is great for eczema. Also, I don't know if you subscribe to holistic health but my herb lady says that eczema usually stems from an overgrowth of yeast in the body - so things like diet & detoxing could also help.
That would make sense since I have been having some yeast issues:look: I've been going hard with probiotics so ill research more about this.

I just got my braids back today and I am still trucking along. This is working well with the the Hairfinity Challenge as well as the Sulfur challenge.

keep it up ladies.

I have been following this method regularly and I have to say my hair feels great! I use it faithfully

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Sooooo I think I am going to shampoo my braids and DC every 2 weeks and cowash on the other weeks... I dont see any benefit of shampooing every week.

fyi: my shampoo and DC are diluted with Aloe Vera juice.

What is your PS of choice? Beehive flat twists

Are you natural or relaxed? transitioning to natural

What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? Hydratherma Moisture Boosting Deep Conditioning Treatment/Shea Moisture/SheScentIt

What are you using to seal before braiding? Castor Oil/Vaseline

sheba1 What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? I don't understand this part. Are supposed to add DC to our hair again in between washes while we're still in our PS as well? If so, how often should we re-apply the DC from each fresh install?

How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? African Royale Braid Spray/Infusium-23

How often will you wash? once a week

What method? condition wash
What products? Suave
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? Aphogee
and how often? every 6 weeks
What else might you add to reach your goals? Nothing

Can someone point me to a reputable online dealer to purchase the Tammy wig? :grin:

Last edited:

does anyone leave their edges out when wearing wigs? my edges are growing back in and im afraid my edges will lose progress if i braid them(i dont braid tight, but i dont want to risk it)

i want to have my wig behind my hairline so the lace on the LF wont stress my edges. even though i alternate between a satin scarf, bandage method w/a silk ribbon on my hairline, silk scarf on my hairline...

im scared to risk it

Ok, I took a wig break for the holidays so I could show off my hair, but I've been back braiding and wigging it for the last two weeks, so I'm back on the bandwagon. I noticed a lot of people are having issues with matting, and I did, as well, the first time that I took my hair down. I understand that we shouldn't be washing/dcing or cowashing more than once a week. But how often should we be using a moisturizing spray during maintenance? And am I understanding that we should not seal our braids again after the initial DMM? I really just need more understanding of the weekly maintanence.

So I just joined this challenge and I braided my hair down in one small braid from ear to ear and then 9 cornrows in the back. I can't braid in a circle. I used KeraCare humecto,sealed with Organix coconut milk serum and Argan oil. I plan to moisturized every other day with a mix of Elasta Qp h-two spray, aloe vera gel and a tiny bit of hot six oil. I hope my braids can hold up to the weekly washes, I want to keep them in 4wks because I will be 12 wks post texlax then.

What is your PS of choice? Half wigs, lacefront wigs
Are you natural or relaxed? I am texlaxed
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? KeraCare Humecto, Elasta QP DPR-11, or Silk Elements luxury moisturizing cond
What are you using to seal before braiding? Organix coconut milk anti breakage serum, Argan Oil or Hot six oil
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? I will freshly poo my hair before braiding and DMM
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? I will try to moisturize and seal every other day with a mixture of Elasta QP h-two spray, Aloe vera gel and Hot six oil
How often will you wash? What method? What products? I will wash my hair weekly with Elasta QP creme conditioning or Joico Body luxe while in the braids. Mild protein with Aphoghee 2 min recontructor and DC with Joico Body Luxe, KeraCare humecto
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? I have not decided since I have never done a Hard protein. I am leaning towards Aphoghee two step or Duo tex
What else might you add to reach your goals?

Last edited:

does anyone leave their edges out when wearing wigs? my edges are growing back in and im afraid my edges will lose progress if i braid them(i dont braid tight, but i dont want to risk it)

i want to have my wig behind my hairline so the lace on the LF wont stress my edges. even though i alternate between a satin scarf, bandage method w/a silk ribbon on my hairline, silk scarf on my hairline...

im scared to risk it

I leave my edges out, but flat twist them and tuck them behind my ear to keep them protected

Last edited:

^I'm doing the same thing with my edges because they're too fine to braid.

i feel weird, like i need to wash my hair. ive only had this in for 3 days. my head itchs a little sometimes, but not to crazy. my hair does feel soft though

Count me in please.

What is your PS of choice? Wigs and lace fronts
Are you natural or relaxed? Natural
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method?Motions moisture plus, CON moisture active deep conditioning treatment. (Im trying to use up my stash)
What are you using to seal before braiding?EVOO, EVCO JBCO
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added?Water or my juice mix
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? Water or my juice mix
How often will you wash? What method? What products?Alternate between co washing and shampoo washing using HEHH Elasta qp creme conditioning shampoo
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often?I plan on using Dabur Vatika egg protein deep conditioning hair mask every 4-6 weeks. (IS THIS A HARD PROTEIN HAS ANYBODY USED IT??)
What else might you add to reach your goals? Multi vitamin& no heat oiling my scalp with castor oil

Last edited:

Eczema Topic:

I don't have it but I have learned a lot about it. Make sure to take fish oil. Also, it does come and go. Usually people have it as a child, then it goes away and shows up again sometime during adulthood. This info. is per my child's peditrician. My husband had it when he was little and during high school, college and early adulthood nothing. When he got in his 30's it showed up again. My baby-baby has it (I have two 1 yr old and 3yrs old). My other baby doesn't and I've never had it either.

im scared to risk it

I've worn a lacefront behind my hairline before I just used a edge control product (pomade) to lay the edges down "over the little bit of lace that was left. It worked for me, but I have a prefence for halfwigs.

I'm on week 3. This year I'm only wearing my braids under my wigs for 4 week intervals. I have also fallen in love with Motown halfwigs. They are the truth!. I'm wearing a long straight one that was originally waist length, but I cut to MBL.

BUMP!!!! Can I use yoghurt as my hard protein? maybe mixed with coconut milk?

my po' lil cornrows barely held up for the 2nd week of washing. I really need to find a good braider. They are sooo loose, I am determined to keep these in until 2nd wk of March so I can texlax at 12wks

@Nixx22jam- I've heard from some of the other ladies that eggs and yogurt are considered "harder" protein treatments. I've done a protein treatment using eggs and yogurt before....I'm terrified of trying the aphogee 2 step on my hair (I just use the 2 minute reconstuctor), but the eggs and yogurt didn't cause any damage. My hair actually felt pretty strong afterwards (although it took longer to get that "soft" feeling back, even after a couple of moisturizing DCs). I think you should be fine...maybe mix a little moisturizing condish in the mix for the first time just to be safe?

HTH

Last edited:

I am still going strong! I like this challenge! its so easy I forgot that I am in it! Took my braids out Tuesday after 5 weeks....washed, DDM then air dried in plaits. Tonight I moisturized my hair and hopefully it will be braided up by this weekend if my braider is available!

I am still going strong! I like this challenge! its so easy I forgot that I am in it! Took my braids out Tuesday after 5 weeks....washed, DDM then air dried in plaits. Tonight I moisturized my hair and hopefully it will be braided up by this weekend if my braider is available!

I feel the same way. I am loving this challenge and most importantly my hair is thriving. I took my plaits out yesterday and will be doing the DMM all over again this Saturday for another 4 weeks.

I just took my twists out after 5 weeks (the longest they ever lasted). They held up well, but I have some matting near the nape. Hopefully that comes out with the prepoo.

I spritzed my hair less this time and my hair feels pretty good. I'm going to wash tomorrow. I'll use one of my new shampoo bars and a conditioning ayurvedic rinse w/ my dc. Very excited.

ladysaraii,

Can you show some pics of your flat twist beehive? How long does it hold up with shampoo/conditioning/etc?

This whole challenge I've been plaiting my hair up. The past 2 weeks I flat twisted to the back, that held up ok.

Back