Hydracap!!!!!

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Look, y'all, sombody figured out how to form a conditioning cap from plastic window insulation. It even shrink wraps to conform to your head. Hmmm, I'm wondering if my leftoever window kits should be thrown out or perhaps my Saran Wrap? It's a box of 50 for 9.99.

I just tried ordering the free trial. Would rather loose $5 vs. $10 if they don't actually work. But for some reason there's a glitch w/paypal & the hydracap sight. :wallbash:

If anyone else orders, please post & let us know if they truly work.

:grin:This don't make no sense!!

At 8:30 in the morning, ordering some bags to be delivered to my job.

I ordered the 50 bags. I hope the bags fit over my big old head:grin:

This is interesting. Those look like the shrink wrap bags that are used to make gift baskets and fragrance bundles in department stores. I know because I use to make them!

The dryer makes them shrink and conform to shape. Looks like a great idea!

SO i would have to use the blow dryer to get it to conform and then sit under my hair dryer? Another step to the reggie....

Plastic bags and caps work fine for me for deep conditioning. Saran wrap works like this cap for baggying.

The bold in this part is why I don't think I would be happy with this:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]HydraCap reverses the look of damaged hair. This cap is great to use after harsh relaxers. The scalp is dry and irritated and Hydracap immediately pushes moisture into the hair and scalp. [/FONT]

I do not like conditioners or products getting on my scalp, let alone into my scalp. I prefer to allow sebum to flow out of it and condition my scalp instead. And when I apply conditioner, I avoid getting close to my scalp and usually leave my hair hanging down so the conditioner can drip to the ends where it's needed most than towards my scalp. When I put on a cap for deep conditioner, I like it to be loose so my hair isn't pressed against my scalp. I don't believe I need to press conditioner into my hair with a cap. Besides, I prefer the "steaming effect" of the looser cap. And I don't get drips because if using a plastic cap, I wrap Saran wrap around the perimeter to ensure no chance of that happening. If using a regular plastic bag from the grocery store, I create a vacuum suction effect around the perimeter by making it stretch a little so there's no space.

Intresting. This would be good for prepoo. I always tie my hair with a scarf after I put on a plastic cap because the plastic cap has to be close to my scalp in order to use body head for deeper conditioning

Plastic bags and caps work fine for me for deep conditioning. Saran wrap works like this cap for baggying.

The bold in this part is why I don't think I would be happy with this:

I do not like conditioners or products getting on my scalp, let alone into my scalp. I prefer to allow sebum to flow out of it and condition my scalp instead. And when I apply conditioner, I avoid getting close to my scalp and usually leave my hair hanging down so the conditioner can drip to the ends where it's needed most than towards my scalp. When I put on a cap for deep conditioner, I like it to be loose so my hair isn't pressed against my scalp. I don't believe I need to press conditioner into my hair with a cap. Besides, I prefer the "steaming effect" of the looser cap. And I don't get drips because if using a plastic cap, I wrap Saran wrap around the perimeter to ensure no chance of that happening. If using a regular plastic bag from the grocery store, I create a vacuum suction effect around the perimeter by making it stretch a little so there's no space.

That's crap, nothing but an advertizing gimmick. The conditioner does get in the hair shaft because body heat is trap in there and the hair shaft are open for the conditioner to get in there, not because the plastic is pressing the conditioner into the hair.

That's crap, nothing but an advertizing gimmick. The conditioner does get in the hair shaft because body heat is trap in there and the hair shaft are open for the conditioner to get in there, not because the plastic is pressing the conditioner into the hair.

What's more, I get more than body heat coz I use a dryer so I definitely don't need help pushing conditioner into the strands. And depending on how long you wear a regular cap, it eventually gets really warm under it so even for prepooing overnight, I think baggying with a regular cap like I do would suffice.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried these bags for wrapping after a rollerset? I completely agree with Nonie on the whole "not wanting conditioner in my scalp" thing, so I wouldn't want to use these bags for their intended purpose. However, sometimes I like to saran wrap after a rollerset to kind of create a flat iron looking effect with out actually flat-ironing. For those of you who have actually seen and tried these bags... think they'd work for that?

What's more, I get more than body heat coz I use a dryer so I definitely don't need help pushing conditioner into the strands. And depending on how long you wear a regular cap, it eventually gets really warm under it so even for prepooing overnight, I think baggying with a regular cap like I do would suffice.

Girl that thing is not pushing no conditioner in your scalp. They can use those inaccurate buzz words with the general public but if people stop and think about it, it's not all that possible. You can keep your scalp soaked by using any regular shower cap.

So are they saying you don't have to sit under a dryer with this cap, to deep condition?

If so, I may need to purchase this...

Back