Wondering Why?!?

moneychaser

I have always wondered WHY:
-Stylists wrap your hair up after taking your rollers down, and sit you BACK under the dry for 5 more minutes.
mad.gif
confused.gif

-The point of using plastic caps if your just deep conditioning.
(kinda figured this one out)

Anyone else wondering why we do some of things we do
smirk.gif

1) to flatten the hair more ala doobie without the pins
smile.gif

2) to lock in ur natural body heat so that ur conditioner works as a treatment

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
1) What difference does 5 mo minutes make
mad.gif

2) I concluded that plastic caps are need to retain moisture so the conditioners dont dry up
confused.gif
laugh.gif

I dont know
laugh.gif

But i noticed when i got my tracks, the lady removed the rollers, wrapped my hair and sat me under the dryer for like 15 minutes (i was mad b/c my butt was hurting from sitting so long
laugh.gif
)... my hair was much straighter. It was as if i had my hair wrapped for 5 hours
laugh.gif

IMO:

1. They put you back under the dryer in order to speed up the process for hair to come out straighter. My dominician sytlist knows I don't like too much heat so she leaves the wrap in for 5 minutes or so WITHOUT putting me back under the dryer, the longer I sit in the wrap without heat, the straighter my hair comes out. If 'm going staight home, then I leave the shop in my wrap until I get home. Just tell 'em you don't want to go back under and your hair should come out pretty much the same.

2. A plastic cap helps "trap" the heat emanating from your scalp so the conditioner stays warm in order for greater penetration into the hair shaft.

I hate when they do that
angry2.gif
I guess they do that at the shop so you can walk out with straight. At home you can just wrap it up, leave it overnight, and have the same results, huh
brainy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA
smile.gif

lol! ur adorable denali....

u know what they say about the unexamined life.
grin.gif

question away, girl!
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Denali03 said:
I hate when they do that
angry2.gif
I guess they do that at the shop so you can walk out with straight. At home you can just wrap it up, leave it overnight, and have the same results, huh
brainy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually when I do this it doesn't come out the same. There is something to be said for wrapping it before you comb and brush it into a style that sets whatever future style you are getting.

I agree! That is why if I'm going straigt home from the shop, I don't sit under the dryer and don't let the stylist comb out, but rather leave with my hair still in the wrap and do my own comb out at home.

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
lol! ur adorable denali....

u know what they say about the unexamined life.
grin.gif

question away, girl!
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Okie Dokie
weird.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Neroli said:
I agree! That is why if I'm going straigt home from the shop, I don't sit under the dryer and don't let the stylist comb out, but rather leave with my hair still in the wrap and do my own comb out at home.

[/ QUOTE ]
I started requesting that she just leave it wrapped after awhile
smile.gif

I ask to have this done. My feeling is that it helps get rid of the parts in my hair from where the rollers were applied and it gives my hair extra body and straightens the curl a bit.

smile.gif

Why some places smooth your new growth with a relaxer and other places just let the relaxer sit so it works on its own. The first time mine was done that way, I almost freaked out.

Do you think that relaxer formulas are changing and the smoothing action isn't as necessary now? I don't think my stylist smooths that much now that you mention it...hmmmm.

Back