How would you feel if you overheard your man..

PraisedBeauty

So the other day I'm at a mutual friends house with my man. I stepped out for a little bit. And I came back in. I guess none of the guys heard me come back in. But one of my boyfriend's friend's said "Damn. Women are crazy as hell. They never take the blame for anything."

And I overheard my boyfriend agreeing with him like "Yeah man...Ain't that the truth."

....I was hurt.. I went out in the car and cried... It kind of put a damper on my mood for a little bit. Am I too sensitive? Is this just normal guy talk? This makes me feel like I must be being a bad girlfriend....

Was he talking about an argument that you two had or something? If they were just talking in general, I wouldn't worry about it...sounds like regular guy talk to me.

Was he talking about an argument that you two had or something? If they were just talking in general, I wouldn't worry about it...sounds like regular guy talk to me.

No. At least he didn't mention it. He doesn't go into details about us with his friends. But we did get in an argument on Monday over something reallllly stupid that I should have just let go. And alright I was just checking to see if it was "normal" I guess... It still hurts though. Good God... I am so freaking sensitive. He's conscious of it though...I'm sure he'd never say that in front of me. He doesn't even rap "bithc" in songs when I am around... Yes. That's how sensitive I am. I take things too personal.

Meh. He was with his friend. Guys tend to act a little differently when they're with their friends, than when they're alone with their GF's. They try to act more masculine and 'cool' I guess lol. Like you said, your BF doesn't even say '*****' around you. It just sounds like regular guy talk to me.

Don't worry about it.

It was guy talk, that you shouldn't have heard. I think you are being sensitive.

I am sure when you are with your gf's you ladies have general talk and the subject of men come up and you all have an input. It doesn't mean that you have issues with your bf. That is usually the reason why men never like to be around a bunch of cackling women.

Let it go. Sounds like he was just agreeing with his friend and meant no harm personally to you. Nothing to cry about or worry about.

I went out in the car and cried...

'da hell you crying for? :perplexed lol like for real?

Guys "Co-sign" each other ALLLLL THE TIMEEEEE even if they don't agree with what their homeboy is saying!!!

One dude can be like, "Yeah man, chicken heads be looking good these days". And the other guy could not even find chickens heads attractive but he'll be like, "Yeah man fo' sho".

That's what men do! They have a one think mind when they get into unsupervised groups together with no women around.

Where you been?

Girl, save that crying for something that's worth it. You're going to give yourself an ulcer worrying about trivial things.

But why would this make you feel you're a bad girlfriend? :perplexed Even if your SO was talking about you (because he could have been referring to past experiences with other women), his identifying a flaw of yours isn't the end of the world. Being in a relationship is about caring for/loving a person in spite of their flaws, not because they don't have any. At any rate, I wouldn't have an issue because I vent/co-sign on venting about men and feel DH has a right to do the same about women (even if/when I am that woman).

OP, have you had your hormones looked at? Because to burst into tears over something like that... I just can't see it. Are you always like that? I know some women are rendered overly sensitive and irrational by hormonal birth control (it makes your body act pregnant all the time, and many women are certifiable when preggo). You may want to look into the underlying reason for why you are so extremely touchy. That can't be a fun way to live... for you OR him.

I wouldn't care. Women generalize men all the time, and I feel sorry for the man who happens to hear a group of women talking about men. It would be different if he were talking specifically about "me". Ain't nothing wrong with a little co-signing every now and then, lol!

To be honest, it is disrespectful for both men and women to agree to anything that shows the other gender in a negative light, when your SO is around. Show some respect, no co-signing around the SO/DH. The first and natural reaction is going to think, "Hmmmm, is he talking about us/me?" Especially if the relationship is having a rough patch.

I would have made a snappy comment back at them in a joking manner.

Last edited:
I wouldn't care. Women generalize men all the time, and I feel sorry for the man who happens to hear a group of women talking about men. It would be different if he were talking specifically about "me". Ain't nothing wrong with a little co-signing every now and then, lol!

^^^No, there sure isn't. Definitely nothing to shed a tear about, neither.

Awww are u pregnant? On birth control? On your period? Or just a drama queen?

Either way, get that checked out hun. All that water works can be very annoying after a while.

Back