How to Show your SO you care....

Amante

Hi ladies,

Let's talk about showing your SO how much you care, how much you love him. What are some cool ideas on really sharing gratitude, love, appreciation? I have been away from my SO for almost a month now because of a work journey and I really want to do something special, original, and thoughtful to do for him when I get back.

A picnic?
A painting?
A home cooked meal?
A letter?

What have you ladies done in the past? Any ideas?

-Amante

Homecooked meal sounds good. Going on a little getaway for a long weekend. Take him to one of his favorite sporting events.

I always make dishes my Bf likes cos its the little things that count. If he says he likes something it goes on my list of things to make when I p!ss him off.

Make his favorite meal

Wear his favorite outfit he likes for you

Buy him two tickets for his fave sports game for him and his boy

Have some food delivered to his job, I did this once for my ex: and it was a major hit! I sent pizzas, wings and a small desert so he could share it with co-workers.

Taking time to do something that he wants to do. ITA w/Lyddlebit. My SO loves to plan stuff (thankfully he's good at it because he knows what I like lol) and it makes him happy when he can surprise me.

Pampering him by cooking (if not a full fledged meal then his favorite dessert, snacks, etc.), giving massages (he loves good back, foot, leg massages), or just letting him put his head in my lap and playing in his hair (or massaging his temples after a rough day) and listen to him tell me about his day.

Getting off the phone/setting aside a chunk of time and making it all about us. Not necessarily anything sexual, moreover creating a block of QT that won't be interrupted. Phones turned off, no visitors, etc. while we have a quiet dinner and movie/cuddling time.

Food--The way to my SO's heart is not through his stomach, sadly. I love to cook, and he doesn't care much for food, flavors, etc. Furthermore, I can never cook a meal without him wanting to join in and help out-- which is so awesome on one hand because it means we always cook together. I think I might have to rule out food.

Sports-- he loves football (soccer). But only to play it, not to watch it. He used to play professionally and I think somehow watching it wears him out (psychologically) because it reminds him of his former life. Bittersweet.

Massages-- we do those all the time, so they don't feel so special :/

These have been great, but any additional suggestions ladies?

I think a home cooked meal is a great idea. Also, getting tickets to a sporting event of a team he's a fan of, or a concert of an artist he likes.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

You need not wait for him to get back to do something special. You can create a nice little care package that has items you know he'll love and enjoy and send it to him wherever he is. Are you crafty? Make him a little something with your own hands. Does he like grooming and smelling good? Something small and scented would work. Does he like to eat snacks and sweets? Throw a few of his faves into the box. A small book of poetry or devotional writing that echoes how you feel about him is a nice touch. A photo of you in a really nice frame, a mix tape of your favorite songs, a sachet of his favorite herbal teas, etc. Care packages are small ways to say big things over long distances.

If he likes sweets you can send a candy bouquet to his work place or edible arrangement if he's not a candy fan. Im so gonna do this for my bf he looves sweets.

ETA: I cook all the trime so a home cooked meal isnt that speacial but I will do him a lil sumn some times. Or you can plan a picnic or even a night time picnic on the roof in the back yard something like that.

Last edited:
Food--The way to my SO's heart is not through his stomach, sadly. I love to cook, and he doesn't care much for food, flavors, etc. Furthermore, I can never cook a meal without him wanting to join in and help out-- which is so awesome on one hand because it means we always cook together. I think I might have to rule out food.

Sports-- he loves football (soccer). But only to play it, not to watch it. He used to play professionally and I think somehow watching it wears him out (psychologically) because it reminds him of his former life. Bittersweet.

Massages-- we do those all the time, so they don't feel so special :/

These have been great, but any additional suggestions ladies?

Have you ever done it on a massage table? You can rent a massage table and have it delivered to your place for a day and they'll supply oils, the sanitation and all. Perhaps try doing it in lingerie and some tall heels.

Got rhythm? Tie him to a chair and dance for him or a lil' strip tease. :sekret:

I've done all kinds of stuff. I ain't got an SO right now, but I'm still gonna answer this thread based on my 2 exes :look:

Create something for him that combines his interests or is useful (a ceramic bowl for his keys which he always misplaces :lol:).

Buy him something while you're at the mall if you think he'd like it or know he needs it.

Write him a book of poems

Record a video of yourself when you are apart.

Dance for him...

All of that stuff is inexpensive.

Last edited:
  • Send him a (real) card or love letter.
  • Bake him cookies!
  • If he is into cars – take him to a car show or test ride his dream car.
  • Talk (or let him talk) about his hobby – no matter how boring to you - Sci Fi, Sports, Civil War……
  • Send him a photo of yourself – it can be sexy, but nothing you would be shamed for your Mom to see.
  • Eat dinner (even if it is take-out) by candle light.
  • Buy him some cologne or grooming products.
  • Buy concert tickets for his favorite act.
  • Brag about him (within earshot) to your family and friends.
  • Take his car for wash and detailing.
  • Give him a bubble bath (don't get in the tub, no matter how much he begs) - let it all be about HIM - wash, dry and oil him down!

Excellent idea ladies....booksmark page.......I especially love the idea of doing a bubble bath just for him. Most men won't bother but if their lady does it then they are game.

My idea:

Play his favorite video game with him.
Have a shirt with his name on it. Or other clothing.....cough cough.....

Make him chocolate covered strawberries. Light some candles in your bedroom, layout a pair of sheets that you don’t mind messing up. Feed each other the strawberries.. (natural aphrodisiac) then give each other a nice hot body massage.

*my man made me some chocolate covered strawberries and said he got turned on just making them because of the smell and aroma. I keep saying we are going to make some together. I want to see what it does to him.:yep:

Last edited:
Back