How much of the info on LHCF did you already know?

I knew about moisture, Dcing, hair vitamins, protective styling, damaging ingrediants for hair.

The one thing I knew nothing about for 2 years before subbing to LHCF was detangling. This is probably the single reason I am not at (and maybe I'm wishfully thinking) butt length. I thought moisturising would be enough. And I pulled my seamed comb through every knot and tangle daily.

But something clicked in my brain that I could retain more length and those little curls on the bathroom floor were hindering my progress and i paid my sub.

I already had a regime of washing and conditioning weekly. I rarely used heat and when I did I used heat protectant and only used heat once a week. I have been rollersetting for forever. And I always moisturized my hair. I deep conditioned only occassionally. And I already used wide tooth combs. Many of the popular products I had already tried like Suave, Aussie, Le Kair Cholestorol, Nexxus, etc.

The things I learned was how to transition that's the reason I found hair boards. I learned the importance of protein deep conditioning for relaxed hair. I learned about natural products/things in my kitchen that can be used on my hair. I learned about co-washing and I learned the importance of DCing on a regular basis. I learned that natural hair can be versatile.

Last edited:
I knew majority that was written on here..as a child, I used to read my mom's Milady's Textbooks (she's still a cosmetologist to this day!)

I didn't know about co-washing, mega-tek, or MN. Didn't know about sulphur, henna or ayurveda.

I knew about how to detangle, DC, co-wash, and no sulfate poos. I didn't know about how bad cones are, ayurveda, or anything else I've learne on this board.

I knew about dc cause my mom always made sure I do it and she did it when I was little. I also was "streching" but I didnt know it was that till I got here, I never got a relaxer untill i felt new growth my mom taught me that too.
The thing I picked up from here was relaxer strength I was using a regular, then I tried a mild I still get straight hair with it. CW i picked up I LOVE IT!! That is all I do in the summer time, also protecting my ends and not using so much heat on my hair.

Back