• nickel amount

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • half dollar amount

Votes: 76 14.6%
  • more than a palm full

Votes: 443 84.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like to slather it on and saturate my hair. I can't skimp on the conditioner if I never used to skimp on the heat from my blow dryer or flat-iron.
You know you can't listen to the experts...if they were so correct most of us would have waist length, healthy, lustrous hair just by going to experts and hair stylists, and we all know that is not the case.
I mean if you are only supposed to use a nickel size amount why do they sell it in containers the same size as shampoo or 160z containers of DC. All product bottles say use more depending on the length of one's hair.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:..yeah ok. a nickel sized amount wouldn't even cover the front of my head. A large head plus a lot of hair does not equal small amount of conditioner. Usually I will fill my palm with conditioner and appply it to my hair. Now that I am almost 6 months post I need 2 palms full of conditioner.

I feel ya! 10 months post here and i use about 3 palm fulls to make sure i get plenty of slip. No dry scalp here! My hair is actually doing much BETTER because of this!

i gotta take my vote back. i said that i used a half dollar amount but that was before i washed my hair tonight:lachen: I did not realize it but yes, i use two palms full of conditioner. And it does not feel like too much.
So.. nickle size?:nono:

I do 4 to 5 sections of hair and use a half dolar size amount for each one, then add extra to my ends/nape/edges....and my hair soaks it all up too!

I definitely use at least a palmful of conditioner! My hair would laugh at me if I used anything less!
The only conditioner I don't need to use so much of is the Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm.

Last edited:
I was reading in an article from an expert on hair care and it said you should only be using about a nickel sized amount of conditioner after shampooing:ohwell:

How much are you all using?

eta:It said "you don't want to overuse conditioner...when you use an excessive amount of conditioner,you can't wash it all off the hair.It falls to the scalp and creates a dry scalp problem"

This was in a "winter manual"

What type of hair is this? I think people with oily, straight hair can do this cause too much conditioner would be too heavy on that type of hair... JMHO

BTW I use 2 or 3 Half dollar sizes so I basically use a palm full :)

Last edited:
I use enough conditioner on my head so that I can see it (if that makes sense. check siggy pic). I use cheapies like Suave Humectant and V05, so I use a lot and run through them without hurting my pockets. My ORS Replenishing Conditioner and Nexxus Humectress is another story :lachen: I'm real gentle with the usage. Too expensive, so their only used once a week for my DC's

I use 2 palmfuls anything less is simply uncivilized. :lachen:

The longer my hair grows the more I need. :yep:

Pea, nickel, dime sized amounts ???!!! What are those? I use a whole lot more than a palm full:drunk:.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only person who uses a LOT of conditioner. I never understand when stylists say "you only need a wee bit - a little goes a long way". That's why I need to start using cheaper product lines because I really pile on the conditioner.

I use roughly 3 full palm sized amounts of conditioner and will sometimes add a liitle more. Who in the heck is able to use a nickle sized amount according to this article :scratchchin:

Does this include what we use as a 'pre poo' :grin: I don't think the writer of this article knows about a 'pre poo' treatment.:lachen:

a NICKEL???!?!?!?! :lachen: :lachen: :grin: :rofl: :lachen::lachen:

Ummmm. No.

My hair would curl up and DIE. I use two, sometimes three handfuls. I just - today, in fact, made a 1 1/4 cups of a protien treatment, and I used ERRY bit. Okay, I might have only NEEDED a cup, but ummmm - that's at LEAST three handfuls.

A nickel.

HAH!

That nickel sized amount must be lotion for baldies.

I have to use 2-3 palmfuls on conditioner for my hair.

I need a lot more than a nickel, quarter or whatever little amount. I use about 2 palm full. Anything less would have my hair very mad at me :wallbash:

Are you kidding? A nickel size would only cover about three strands of my hair. I need at least two palm fulls just to get started.

Back