How Many Shampoos and Conditioners did You Go Through Before You found the Right One?

seraphim712

I know alot of us including me have been through this constantly. I'm still going through this transition. I stopped using ORS Olive Oil shampoo and Replenishing Pack and switch to the Aveda line. This one, I really hope will help my hair.

What do you ladies think?

I went through several types of poos, maybe 10-12. Now I have three poos that I use, sauve clarifing, V05 extra body (when wearing hair down), Hemp Hydrating conditioner for wash and go.

I only love one deep conditioner and that's my UBH deep con.

as far as shampoos... let's just say I am a shampoo junkie:)

I have atleast 10 shampoos and hopefully will be narrowing them down to about 5(within the next decade:lol: ). I get bored with one shampoo.. I like the different fragrants and benefit that each has to offer!

so to answer the question.. I am still going through my shampoos!! I like Hello Hydration rinse out conditioner for slip when I am post relaxer...but I also want to try the suave milk and honey cond. soon.

I don't have a preference for shampoos yet but my conditioner must be moisturizing. So far I have various conditioners but my favorites are for different things like

new growth tamer ~ HH
good smelling hair ~ VO5 Strawberries n Cream
moisturizing ~ NTM
dominican cond. praital silk worm ~ slip

i found mine on the first try. i just tried Nexxus therappe, loved it and stuck to it. i tried the cantu moisturizing shampoo but it dried my hair so much i didn't dare use it again. that should teach me to stray from the tried and true! i recently switched to Cream of nature moisturizing shampoo (green one) because it's way cheaper and works the same. oh i also use a clarifying shampoo every 3-weeks. it's the one from Suave.

seraphim712 said:
I know alot of us including me have been through this constantly. I'm still going through this transition. I stopped using ORS Olive Oil shampoo and Replenishing Pack and switch to the Aveda line. This one, I really hope will help my hair.

What do you ladies think?

:perplexed :perplexed :perplexed I keep rotating: JASONS, VO5, THERMASILK, CON, FRUCTIS, SALLYS GENERIC NEXXUS, NTM...on and on; same with conditioners.
:perplexed :perplexed :perplexed

BrooklynSouth said:
:perplexed :perplexed :perplexed I keep rotating: JASONS, VO5, THERMASILK, CON, FRUCTIS, SALLYS GENERIC NEXXUS, NTM...on and on; same with conditioners.
:perplexed :perplexed :perplexed

I'm going to try to keep with the Aveda line: I have the Scalp Benefits line, and now I want to try the Damage Remedy line.

I went to sephora and wanted to try Oscar Blandi's products, picked up the Hair Crema Condish... later bought the shampoo...I've just stuck with it. Right now, its giving a little trouble with the natural textures of my hair, but i don't really want to change it. Its works like a charm ( i think its just my hair fighting against it (***holyfield fight on my scalp***). But, i do like Elucence MB... but i'll leave that to the hairdressers to try out new shampoos on me. I like to stick with what i know. Thats the best way i to find one that works. When you go to the salons and you like the way your hair looks and feels, ask her or snoop around to see what she is using.

I'm gonna take the long route around this question. When I first started coming to the boards, I would go out any buy almost every product recommended. But I noticed they weren't working for me right off the bat. None of them were. Only after my hair was in a good enough condition did I find products that really worked. My hair at my starting point wasn't in the condition to be able to accept the benefits of any of the products I was using. Now I can use just about anything and it will work. Long story short: I would say immediately, as in "immediately after I fixed my situation".

As far as shampoo goes, I no longer use it. Suave Professionals, and Suave Clarifying conditioners have replaced my shampoo. My deep conditioners are UBH, and Miss Keys 10 en 1. The only changes that I've made was switching to cond. from shampoo, and adding 10 en1 as a deep conditioner. I now also use Praital's Silk Worm Rinse.

I'm kind of still looking because I don't want to have just one of the right product, I always need backup. But I think that I've pretty much settled on my shampoos. I'll probably never turn down a conditioner though.

I started out with the right shampoo and conditioner for my hair--Nexxus Botanoil, Therappe and Humectress. I learned later on this board about leave-ins for the first time and went through Infusium 23 before finding Nexxus Headress and Biolage Matrix, both the right ones for me for the past 3 1/2 years. More recently, I discovered Giovanii Direct leave-in.

Shampoos: Motions, Nexxus Therapy, Affirm, Keracare, Paul Mitchell, Suave, CON
Conditioners: Motions, Nexxus Humectress, Garnier Sleek and Shine, Herbal Essence, Suave Milk and Honey, Paul Mitchell Hair Therapy and The Moisturizer, Aveda Brilliant, Carol's Daughter Tui, Aussie Moist, and I'm sure some others.

Right now all I use are Nexxus (poo and conditioner) and CON (poo)-haven't tried the CON conditoner-I know I'm sleeping on it. I want to also try the Nexxus Phyto Organics line. I'm pretty sure that I'll stick with these two they work well and I'm tired of product shopping.

Back