Deep Conditioners: Have you found the "one"?

I HAVE FOUND THE ONE!! and it only took 3 years

P21256_hero.jpg

It makes the tangles, knots, and kinks simply disappear. I only use it with a steamer - I think that makes the effect better. I went ahead and took the plunge and purchased 2-16.9 oz salon size containers for $79.99 from www.beautyencounter.com

thumb.php

The 8 oz jars are $38.00, so I think I got a sweet deal.

I also got 10% off for signing up for their email list, so it came to about $71.00.

The only problem is that one container lasts for 6 months, but I think $71.00 for 1 year's worth of a quality conditioner is a good deal.

All you need is a little too. :yep:

I see no one mentioned GVP Conditioning Balm. I'm shocked.LOL This is one conditioner I can say that I love and it will always be unless I find something better. I can't imagine anything better.LOL I am a PJ so there are others I wanna try like AOHSR among others.

If you like Kenra MC then you'll love GVP Conditioning Balm. I think it's better.LOL

I HAVE FOUND THE ONE!! and it only took 3 years

P21256_hero.jpg

It makes the tangles, knots, and kinks simply disappear. I only use it with a steamer - I think that makes the effect better. I went ahead and took the plunge and purchased 2-16.9 oz salon size containers for $79.99 from www.beautyencounter.com

thumb.php

The 8 oz jars are $38.00, so I think I got a sweet deal.

I also got 10% off for signing up for their email list, so it came to about $71.00.

The only problem is that one container lasts for 6 months, but I think $71.00 for 1 year's worth of a quality conditioner is a good deal.

All you need is a little too. :yep:

Had you been using this DC for the style in your siggy? You curls look lush! :yep:

Seriously! There is no way on earth I could choose just one! After reading more conditioner threads and watching my own behavior when I'm in a store, I think my PJism is mainly with conditioner. :lachen: I mean, really, I had a conversation with the checker at Target about how "yummy" conditioner is! :look:

So, here we go (in no particular order):

*Silicon Mix
*Keracare Humecto
*ORS Replenshing
*Mizani Moisturefuze
*Aussie Moist
*Doo Gro Moisturizing
*Alter Ego Garlic (a friend gave me a sample, and I was hooked)
*Giovanni Smooth as Silk
*NTM Triple Moisture Daily Deep con

-->I just got a sample bottle of HE HH because of all of ya'lls raves about it! <-- :grin:

I have tried at least 15 conditioners and my honorable mentions are:
Joico IH
SE Mega Cholesterol
Alter Ego Garlic while I dont find it moisturizing it does help with shedding
Alterna Caviar

Yep, found one by chance at store a few weeks back. Only place I've found it so far, its a moisturizing reconstructor. Makes my strands soft like butter and reduces breakage. Not telling name b/c I only saw like 2 on the shelf and when I run out I'm going to scoop em up b4 ppl go and buy it all (they would if I told the name)! :grin:

Yep, I FINALLY found her after a 10 month PJ binge/search. Thank God because my purse couldn't stand too much more experimenting. Lol. The ingredients are heavenly. Ceramides, proteins, and silk amino acids in the beginning of the ingredients. And it's very decently priced. I'm in :luv2: I'm with Jewell. If I said the name and gave the full list of ingredients, we all know you ladies would buy em all up. The condish is definitely worth it though.

The best conditioners for my hair are the ones I mix myself. Yogurt, egg and EVOO, Castor Oil, and EVCO. or Yogurt, Coconut Cream Concentrete and EVOO, EVCO, and Castor Oil. My mixes leave my hair feeling soft and strong. I have no reason to try anything else.

I've been using Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose for a few weeks now, and my hair was so moisturized yesterday I had to do an emergency Aphogee 2-step. I've had chronic dry hair my ENTIRE life, so Aubrey Organics is a keeper.

I also love

1. Silicon Mix (The master of slip)
2. Aussie Moist
3. Roux PC Conditioner (and shampoo) For me DCing is a waste of time if I don't keep the PH in check and close those cuticles

ORS Replenishing Condish is my first love... I usually fall back to this one if others do not work.

I've recently tried ORS Hair Mayo and my hair loves this too. I dont know what it is about ORS.

But even more recently I've been trying out Skala. I'm going to see how well they do in the next few months, but I think I've finally found "the one" with Skala Chocolate Masque. Brazilian Hair Products are so great I may never go back!

I have always loved Lustrasilk DC's. I tried others, and even got teased in college when my friends saw I was using "the cheap stuff", so I switched it up. I have been excited about other DC's (Elasta QP and Motions) but I keep coming back to Lustrasilk.

I'm afraid I would fall in love with some of the more expensive ones, so to protect mypocket-book, I don't even try them. :look:

Yes, because you will get hooked. For ten consecutive years, I used the Verifen Complex hair care line consistently. During the last five years, I've been using other hair care products while rotating the Verifen Complex products.

The other products cost a lot less, but they need "doctoring up" except the Cream of Nature and the Elasta QP creme conditioning shampoos and Infusium 23 Leave in Treatment. These are fine "as is." I don't mind doctoring up my conditioners, but some are just too hard to work with even after doctoring them up, so I won't replace those.

This board did it to me, but nothing tops my Verifen Complex line, in my opinion.

Last edited:
I used Baba de Caracol last week after clarifying. I bought it on a whim. I hadn't heard of it but it had 'intensivo' on the label so I got it:look:. Let's see if it can stand the text of time!

Had you been using this DC for the style in your siggy? You curls look lush! :yep:

Yes ma'am! :yep:

When I first used it, I was amazed. My fingers went through my hair, and if I met a tangle, it would simply fall away. That has not happened since I went natural - unless you count my BC when it was easy to run fingers through 1 inch of hair.

The funny part was I bought this just because I had money to burn at Ulta and I thought, 'Why not?' :rolleyes:

I'm so glad I did.

Hey girls (and guys!),

I'm just wondering......as far as DC's are concerned, have you found the "one"? That one deep conditioner that you think is so brilliant on your hair, that's absolutely deliciousness on your strands it's ridic! How many did you sample before discovering your DC gem?

Me, I've found my one true conditioner :heart2: , but have yet to find my "prince" DC out of the pond of "frog" DCs. :look: :look:

lol, excuse the silly! I can't help it. ;P But really, I've tried about 4 different ones at this point, and the only 1 I'd say worked well enough to justify a second purchase was Neutrogena's Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask. Even then, I could tell it was just a fling and not a serious commitment between the two of us. :perplexed Is this common among you ladies (and gents)? Did you have to search far and wide for your one true DC?

I luv your sense of humor.:grin:

Yes. I was lucky enough for it to be the first DC I tried on my HHJ. It is Ultra Black Hair Deep Conditioner. I have tried about 5 others. I still use some of them depending on what my hair needs at the moment. They are:

Aphogee 2 minute
Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment
ORS Replenishing Pak

I'd have to say that the UBH Conditioner is also my "rescue conditioner" as well as Nexxus Emergencee which is another "rescue conditioner". I browse the boards and have noticed that these conditioners work for a vast majority.

But UBH is THE one.

My staple dc's are NTM Daily Deep Conditioner
Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm
Motions CPR Treatment
ORS Hair Mayo
After 3 yrs of hardcore pj-ism, I've started sticking to staples.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Long Hair Care Forum App

I think I found mine last night... AO HSR with a teaspoon of hibiscus and fenugreek powder and a dash of vatika oil = moisture heaven and slip city...

I have said it before...I will say it again AUBREY ORGANICS HONEYSUCKLE ROSE.... There is no other like it!

And for protein...AUBREY ORGANICS GPB!

I do have dates with Banana Brulee, Sitrinillah masque and Honey Hemp...which is ok. AO knows that its nothing serious, just having fun, I always go back to AO so its really not cheating. I love AO to pieces but I have commitment issues so we are not exclusive like that :look:

FINALLY, I can truly say that Joico Moisture Recovery Balm is the one for me!!! No mixing needed!!!!!!!!!!! It's PERFECTION! :yay:

Back