How many sections do you wash your hair in?

What's your magic number

• I don't wash my hair in sections

Votes: 81 36.2%

Votes: 31 13.8%

Votes: 5 2.2%

Votes: 57 25.4%

Votes: 2 0.9%

Votes: 23 10.3%

Votes: 6 2.7%

Votes: 8 3.6%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10+

Votes: 11 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Two to get the shampoo into the scalp properly, then once the scalp is covered, I do it all together.

oKay I am going in!!!!! Don't be mad at me for asking, I really just want to know....

I have a question, as to why do you ladies section your hair?

^it lessens tangles. I don't wash in sections now but when my hair is long and natural i'll probably do 4 sections.

oKay I am going in!!!!! Don't be mad at me for asking, I really just want to know....

I have a question, as to why do you ladies section your hair?

I think that's something more beneficial to naturals because their hair tangles so easily, it probably helps save time from detangling over and over.

I only wash in one section when I'm 10 weeks or so post relaxer but when I go months into my stretch I will wash in two sections (front and back) as it helps me to focus on all my new growth easier.

Well if you're relaxed I see absolutely no need for washing in sections. Washing in sections is primarily for naturals because it makes it easier to detangle.

4 sections right now, but I can see going to 2 when my hair gets longer. And because my hair is so fine and low density I don't really need to section off if I'm just co-washing and my hair was already detangled. Fine hair has some pros, but not many.

Usually 10-15. That's the number of sections I detangle in. I detangle and twist the hair after each detangled section. Then I wash.

I don't section my hair. It sounds like too much work. Wash day is not my only time to detangle. I detangle before I wash. I wear a bun daily, but for the most part I take it down in the evenings to re-moisturize and baggy. I comb my hair regularly and if my daughter feels up to it, I allow her to run the denman through my hair as much as she wants. It feels especially good to the scalp.

None, I tried it but the sections kept unravelling so I just learnt how to detangle the whole thing soaked with conditioner and my denman bit by bit

4 sections. If I don't wash my hair in sections at this many weeks post- it becomes a tangled mess. 4 sections is sufficient enough for me to get the conditioner on every strand.

Usually 10-15. That's the number of sections I detangle in. I detangle and twist the hair after each detangled section. Then I wash.

Wow that's dedication. Does it take you awhile to wash your hair? Just my measly 8 sections make me feel like I'm taking too much time to wash my hair.

Back