HOW MANY OF YOU...

The Where's and How Long of My Regimen...

• Total voters

Seeking8Rights

This poll is for everyone on this board and I'm curious to know the following:

Regarding your hair:

1. How many of you wash/regi during your shower time?

2. How many wash/regi seperate from the shower?

3. Outside of styling, on average, how long do you spend per night nurturing your hair like moisturizing, brushing, wrapping, etc.

For me, my wash regi is not apart of my shower time which means that on my wash day, I spend anywhere from 1 to 2 hours washing my hair and my drying will take place all day.

Every night before I go to bed, I spend 10 to 15 mintues on my hair moisturizing, fingering through it (using my hand as a brush on the days I don't brush my entire head), brushing my ends, and wrapping.

It doesn't seem like a lot to ME, but when my friends ask me about my regi their response is like :eek: . And I'm like :eek: what the problem is???

So today, I thought, let me see if I'm the only one on LHCF that treats their hair like this...

Last edited:

1. How many of you wash wash/regimen during your shower time? and
all my washing: my way to co-wash all done in shower

3. Outside of Styling, on average, how long do you spend per night nurturing your hair like moisturizing, brushing, wrapping, etc.
2-7mins a day: depends on if I cross-wrap 2 mins: baggy 5 mins: wrap 7 mins

So today, I thought let me see if I'm the only one on LHCF that treats my hair like this

I spend about 10-15 mins also. I don't bruch my ends though. I do brush, but only on my edges after I'm about 3 mos post. Otherwise I can lay my edges down with a comb and Redkens Smoothdown Sleek Obedience...LOVE this stuff!

My regi includes my shower...KWIM?

I spend about 3 1/2 -4 hours (depending on the conditioning treatment) when I do a wet set (from start to finish). and 1 1/2 hrs when I do my monthly flat iron. I've only airdried once and don't know how long it took...

I always wash separate from the shower. I spend like an hour and a half to two hours on wash days. Two or more if I'm clarifying, doing a treatment with heat cap and intense moisturising after. I spend about 10-20 mins on it at night preparing for bed. Moisturising the ends and dividing into sections for pinning up. For some of us it takes alot of work to maintain a full healthy head of hair. Some people just don't get it...:lol:

HoneyA said:
I always wash separate from the shower. I spend like an hour and a half to two hours on wash days. Two or more if I'm clarifying, doing a treatment with heat cap and intense moisturising after. I spend about 10-20 mins on it at night preparing for bed. Moisturising the ends and dividing into sections for pinning up. For some of us it takes alot of work to maintain a full healthy head of hair. Some people just don't get it...:lol:

LOL! I know for me I have learned, one relapse of being lazy and my hair is mad about it! It's hard work for sista! It's funny because my husband is just now getting used to me spending more time at night on my hair, that he AUTOMATICALLY turns the bathroom light on for me if he heads to bed before I do. I feel so bad, but there's nothing I can do. :lachen:(really)

I do

I have tried this and my hair ends up a tangled mess, so I have to do everything where the water is running downwards over my head, oppose to upside down :(

3. Outside of styling, on average, how long do you spend per night nurturing your hair like moisturizing, brushing, wrapping, etc.
I don't really mess with my hair much during the week, most of my time is spent on wash day. It just all depends on what's going on with my hair. Now that I am stretching I will spend like 10-15 minutes every other night moisturizing and getting it prepared for baggying.

1. How many of you wash wash/regimen during your shower time?
I wash my hair while I am in the shower, however there are some co-washes that I do in the basin sink, since I have short hair nothing touches the drain.

3. Outside of Styling, on average, how long do you spend per night nurturing your hair like moisturizing, brushing, wrapping, etc....I spend a good 10 to 15 minutes moisturizing, oiling and massaging my scalp.

When my hair was longer and it was wash day it would take hours to get my washes/conditioning/deep conditioning and styling done. Now it takes me about a few extra minutes in the shower and I DC for about 1 hr and then rinse and moisturize and seal and I am done.

I wash during my shower and it takes about 20 minutes tops (including the personal showering) LOL. I do my conditoner in shower also.

I spend about 10 minutes moisturizing my braids with the African Royale leave in conditoner mixture/moisturizer. About 5 minutes to apply BT.

I don't think you are taking a long time especially since you said you have a washing day. It isn't like you spend 2 hours a day washing and conditioning your hair.

I only wash my hair in th shower, so as long as I'm in there I may as well wash my body, shave, etc... right?

Outside of detangling and deep conditioning, I spend very little time on my hair. It only takes a minute to put up in a bun, and when I wear it loose I don't "do" anything to it.

I don't do anything special to my hair at night, usually I just sleep with my hair in a bun because that's how I've worn it all day. If I had my hair loose during the day I usually braid it before bed. Sometimes I don't bother and I sleep with it loose.

I wash twice a week. My wash is usually completely separate from my shower. My showers take 10-12 minutes. Doing my hair is a 2-3 hour process. About 30 minutes for my wash and conditioner. Another 20-30 minutes for my DC w/heat. Thirty to forty minutes for leave-in's and to set my hair. Drying under the hard hat dryer takes 40-60 minutes. If I roller wrap, that is another 15-20 minutes.

If I do wash with my shower. I wash my hair first, apply conditioner, then wash myself. Rinse out the conditioner, put on a plastic cap and dry off. Then sit under the dryer and rinse out in the sink when done.

I spend about five minutes combing, moisturizing and sealing each morning and evening.

camellia said:
I only wash my hair in th shower, so as long as I'm in there I may as well wash my body, shave, etc... right?

Outside of detangling and deep conditioning, I spend very little time on my hair. It only takes a minute to put up in a bun, and when I wear it loose I don't "do" anything to it.

I don't do anything special to my hair at night, usually I just sleep with my hair in a bun because that's how I've worn it all day. If I had my hair loose during the day I usually braid it before bed. Sometimes I don't bother and I sleep with it loose.

OMG! :eek: How do you wash all that gorgeous hair in the shower!!! If I had hair as long as yours-------I would have a glam team! :) Your hair is gorgeous.

I always wash my hair at shower time. Sometimes I will just get in to shampoo and after deep conditioning I shower all the way.

I spend less than 10 min on my hair at night. I throw in a few rollers and tie it up.

I normally moisturize in the morning, if I even need to at all.

Last edited:
Daisimae said:
I wash twice a week. My wash is usually completely separate from my shower. My showers take 10-12 minutes. Doing my hair is a 2-3 hour process. About 30 minutes for my wash and conditioner. Another 20-30 minutes for my DC w/heat. Thirty to forty minutes for leave-in's and to set my hair. Drying under the hard hat dryer takes 40-60 minutes. If I roller wrap, that is another 15-20 minutes.

If I do wash with my shower. I wash my hair first, apply conditioner, then wash myself. Rinse out the conditioner, put on a plastic cap and dry off. Then sit under the dryer and rinse out in the sink when done.

I spend about five minutes combing, moisturizing and sealing each morning and evening.

Your hair is progressing very well by the way! ;) You are doing a good job!

Regarding my hair:

1. How many of you wash/regi during your shower time? I usually cowash 2 to 3 times a week.. I usually do this in the shower.

2. How many wash/regi seperate from the shower? My saturday routine does not consist of going in the shower. On saturday, I prepoo/poo/deep condition. I really want to incorporate going in the shower to wash out my deep conditioner.

On a daily basis it takes me about five to ten minutes to moisturize depending on how my hair is styled.

Keclee23 said:
OMG! :eek: How do you wash all that gorgeous hair in the shower!!! If I had hair as long as yours-------I would have a glam team! :) Your hair is gorgeous.

Thank you!:)

The shower is the only place I can wash without it tangling.

My reggie is part of my shower time unless I DC then I run around the house with a plastic cap on ... for hours:look:

I couldn't wash my hair anywhere else but the shower because it would tangle like crazy.

Regarding your hair:

1. How many of you wash/regi during your shower time? My regiment right now is all in the shower pretty much. I don't bothered with my hair after I get it up in the morning. When I come home I spritz it maybe and tie it up and that it.

2. How many wash/regi seperate from the shower? Never

3. Outside of styling, on average, how long do you spend per night nurturing your hair like moisturizing, brushing, wrapping, etc. I might spend two minutes thats if I feel I need it. It hasn't been that hot so I haven't been taking a shower at night but I usually take two showers a day and at night I put some leave in and either some additional moisturizing cream or leave it alone and wrap it up. I been extremely busy and haven't had the time to really work my regiment in terms of deep conditioning and protein conditioning like I use to I have to find time to work it all in but there just isn't any time to do it in the summer.

I wash in the shower, but everything else is done outside.

Sometimes I wash in the sink or bending over in the shower.

3. Outside of Styling, on average, how long do you spend per night nurturing your hair like moisturizing, brushing, wrapping, etc.
< 10 minutes and that includes: taking my vitamins, adding moisturizing, applying growth aid, and using my scalp massager

1. How many of you wash/regi during your shower time? I don't.

2. How many wash/regi seperate from the shower? I do. I wash every 3-4 days and I spend about 1-1.5hrs washing, deep conditioning and styling my hair.

3. Outside of styling, on average, how long do you spend per night nurturing your hair like moisturizing, brushing, wrapping, etc. About 5 minutes. I apply a bit of moisturizer, a little oil, braid hair into single braid and then wrap scarf on my head.

1. How many of you wash/regi during your shower time? I misunderstood the question/voted wrong. I wash in the shower, and get out to dc, and shower (the rest of me )only to get the conditioner off my skin after my final rinse. I shower independently from hairwashing. (if that makes sense) I have to use a handheld shower head to avoid massive tangling. I haven't had my hair washed in a sink since I was small enough to lay on a kitchen counter.

Anywhere from a few minutes to one hour tending to my scalp, or moisturizing/sealing as needed.

On wash days, i wash my hair in the sink, dc w/ heat and then i get in the shower and rinse (the shower really detangles my hair)

I would say like 10 mins moisturizing

Daisimae said:

Daisimae, I also want to cosign the fact that your hair is really progressing nicely ... and only after one month's time to boot. I was looking at your new avatar and noticed it right away. Your regi is definitely working for ya. :up:

Now back to the question at hand ....

Although I always, always, always wash my hair in the shower, it's not associated with my "shower time". That is to say: I bathe every morning in the shower for cleanliness, but I wash my hair every other night in the shower for hair care. They are two separate events that just happen to both occur in my shower. On the days where I have to do protein treatments or color rinses, I am jumping in and out of the shower like mad fool.

Again, hair care in the shower is separate from bathing in the shower. The sink is never considered though. If I washed my hair bent over the sink, I'd have to change my name to "Tara Tangle".

I twist or braid my hair up every single night. I also apply either BT or Lenzi's Request to my scalp and some kind of moisturizer to my ends. All of that ususally takes me about 20 minutes, which I feel is reasonable.

I pre-poo early in the evening and then I wash and condition in the shower - but do everything else is outside the shower.

Sometimes I wash in the sink - especially when doing an ACV treatment.

less than 10 minutes and that includes: taking my vitamins, adding moisturizing, applying growth aid and massaging my scalp

TaraDyan said:
Daisimae, I also want to cosign the fact that your hair is really progressing nicely ... and only after one month's time to boot. I was looking at your new avatar and noticed it right away. Your regi is definitely working for ya. :up:

Thank you. I owe it all to you ladies. Pictures like yours keep me going.

1. How many of you wash/regi during your shower time? ME!
Only when I relax.
Approx. 15 min (only cause I moisturize and have been pin curling (instead of wrapping) my hair lately. This will get shorter once I can pin my hair as fast as I can wrap.)

For me, my wash regi is not apart of my shower time which means that on my wash day, I spend anywhere from 1 to 2 hours washing my hair and my drying will take place all day.

Every night before I go to bed, I spend 10 to 15 mintues on my hair moisturizing,... and pinning
Exactly what I do.

I only wash my hair in the shower, but I do Pre-poo outside of the shower, and I only wash about once a week. I do also spritz with conditioner, castor oil, and water everyday.
I spend about five minutes moisturizing and wrapping, or more likely just putting a bonnet on my hair at night. I spritz it, and apply some healthy hair butter to the ends, and either braid it of put it in a bun, and go to bed. Every othe day I apply boundless tresses, but it doesn't take long for me to do the bed time routine or else I wouldn't be able to stick to it.

Keclee23 said:

Regarding your hair:

Every night before I go to bed, I spend 10 to 15 mintues on my hair moisturizing, fingering through it (using my hand as a brush on the days I don't brush my entire head), brushing my ends, and wrapping.

It doesn't seem like a lot to ME, but when my friends ask me about my regi their response is like :eek: . And I'm like :eek: what the problem is???

So today, I thought, let me see if I'm the only one on LHCF that treats their hair like this...

1. I co-wash in the shower daily after I shower first.
2. I never wash in any sinks--too difficult because sinks to small and I like to rinse my hair downwards.
3. At night I spend no more than 5-10 minutes remoisturizing and sealing.

My wash time is during my shower. My hair detangles better with the force of the water going downward. I loose less hair this way.

Hair tangles too much this way. Much much more manipulation.

I don't spend a lot of time (on non wash days) on my hair. It only takes 2 to 3 min to moisturize, oil my hair, and tie it up. I don't brush my hair much and I very seldom wrap cause its too much combing for me. On wash days I usually wear a bun (which doesn't take but 5 or 10 min) or I wear a twist out( which takes about 30 minutes to an hour to twist up my hair.) At night I moisturize, oil, and put a bonnet on and off to bed.

Back