Votes: 154 36.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 63 15.1%
  • Yes (daily)

Votes: 47 11.3%
  • Yes (just for styling)

Votes: 153 36.7%

• Total voters
I did and i can see all the damage...my hair looks a frizzy mess..lol wish i had found this site earlier..

I brush my edges when bunning for a neat look. I usually brush with soft items such as a baby's brush, soft boar bristle brush or toothbrush (yes, toothbrush). A toothbrush really slicks down the temple very nicely. The baby brush and boar bristle is for the length of my hair if needed. Neither of my brushes tug at the hair. I've used some brushes that yank the hair and I quickly tossed those. I'm relaxed.

I haven't used a brush ever since I decided to go naturally curly (March 2010). I do want to use the denman brush though once I get all these relaxed ends off. So, for now, not at all. For smooth edges, I finger comb as much as possible, smear on some Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue and slap on a silk wrap for about 30 minutes minimum. Smooth and wavy all day long.

I only brush my to slick down my hair for a ponytail, but I dont brush to the ends, just the roots on the outer parts of my hair. However, when I am wearing my hair down I only use a wide tooth comb and NO BRUSHES! Too harsh!

:Blush2:oops I voted no, but I do use my denman on washday.

somehow i dont think of the denman as a brush, even though it is.

old thread, but yes I love the Goody Jojoba Brush. I have to buy them online and they have to be replaced every 6 months or so but I love them just that much that I don't mind.

I originally voted no but I went on a whim this morning to look for the Goody Jojoba brush and ended up just buying the Ouchless one instead. It ain't half bad! I tested a patch since I need to detangle before my wash and it got all the shed hair out.

24m6uys.png

I use a brush like the one above for detangling while it's wet, after I section it off.

Actually when I realized for myself that my edges were gonna be nonexistent soon from pulling and tugging I decided to stop brushing all together and pamper my edges. No brushes touch my edges and have not touched them since about April. I'm surviving well without it. Water, scarves, castor oil have all helped. I don't wanna go back. I think my hair is better because of it.

You know what I may get beat up for this but *grab your pearls* I comb and brush everyday :look:. I like neat hair.

Though I do use the jubileer shower comb and a boar bristle brush, and I'm gentle and its always wet hair with conditioner *i use a little to moisturize*. So I don't loose much if any hair.

I clutched my pearls LMAO

I use brushes to smooth my edges. I'm gangsta like that.

I haven't used a brush since January 2009. I have brushes, I've just gotten used to styling without using them.

Yes, I use a boar bristle mix brush to smooth my bun. I haven't figured out another way to get the same results. Maybe I'll try a baby brush like some of the other ladies.

I usually brush my hair just for styling...well slicking my edges back. But yesterday after wearing my hair straight for days my scalp started itching...which it usually does when i start shedding....and i took my paddle brush and carefully brushed my hair out. The itching stopped....and i got rid of shed hair....so i think i'm gonna find some black tea and do a rinse on my hair.

I've always wanted to try it but always forget to buy black tea:whyme:

I've never really used brushes. I just got a paddle brush for my wigs though. I use a toothbrush and water for my baby hair though...

Back