Votes: 154 36.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 63 15.1%
  • Yes (daily)

Votes: 47 11.3%
  • Yes (just for styling)

Votes: 153 36.7%

• Total voters
You know what I may get beat up for this but *grab your pearls* I comb and brush everyday :look:. I like neat hair.

Though I do use the jubileer shower comb and a boar bristle brush, and I'm gentle and its always wet hair with conditioner *i use a little to moisturize*. So I don't loose much if any hair.

I'm embarrassed. I brush everyday to put my hair in the bun. I'm going to try to stop. :ohwell:

My stylist said we should not use a brush unless it's for styling. :yep: A natural boar brush is recommended. Brushing hair 100 strokes a day tears the hair out. :yep:

Last edited:
ive stopped using my brush as much the past couple of weeks. ive been really good but every now and then i'll want that slick look and have to catch myself before i do any damage:wallbash:. i only brush now probably a couple of times a week compared to everyday like i used to.

Yep, just used my denman a few minutes ago on damp hair with some leave in. Then gel & oil for shine. In my scarf now to smooth it down more.

I haven't brushed my hair in over a year. I used to think that brushing was right up there with applying relaxers over your already relaxed ends and shampooing and not conditioning, but I've changed that view since then. I've seen a few women (mostly naturals) who brush using denman or boar bristle brushes and their hair looks awesome and it's long and thick. And they even brush their hair when it's wet (which to me was like :nono:) but they make it work. But as for me, I pretty much stick to combing my hair weekly with my wide-toothed shower comb.

I do every so often, and with a paddle brush. A boar brush is used for when I am wrapping and stuff wont lay down.

i only use a paddle brush to wrap my hair at night, and in the morning i'll go over the top of my head w/ that mp-like brush from target to get it to lay down. other than that, i stick w/ just a comb and really don't use it that much either.

The idea of not brushing is beyond me....maybe I haven't been on here long enough, but I use several different brushes; soft brushes, hard brushes, and round brushes. Next, I'm buying a Paul Mitchell Ion Round Brush.

Is brushing supposed to cause breakage or something?

ETA: I also comb...shower comb, wide-tooth combs, regular comb, occasionally rat tail comb...:look: As someone already stated, I like neat hair.

I have a hard time believing that people go YEARS without using a brush.

Last edited:
If you are wearing your hair down, why do you need a brush? A comb should suffice, or finger combing. now if wearing a pony tail, a bun, or a phony pony, then I understand why one would want to brush, especially around the edges to make your hair need. Brushes cause too much breakage when used along the length of your hair.

If you are wearing your hair down, why do you need a brush? A comb should suffice, or finger combing. now if wearing a pony tail, a bun, or a phony pony, then I understand why one would want to brush, especially around the edges to make your hair need. Brushes cause too much breakage when used along the length of your hair.

I tend to wear my hair down, but I use a brush when I smooth my wraps, when I blow out my roots or use the round brush technique for a blowout, to smooth my hair in the front and back for updos and my "kitchen." Pretty much daily....

Has anyone seen a lot improvement since they stopped using brushes?

I tend to wear my hair down, but I use a brush when I smooth my wraps, when I blow out my roots or use the round brush technique for a blowout, to smooth my hair in the front and back for updos and my "kitchen." Pretty much daily....

Has anyone seen a lot improvement since they stopped using brushes?

I brush to secure wraps as well! That's another instance where I brush.

Yes, I use a brush sometimes - mostly the vent kind with rubber tipped teeth. Brushing only tears your hair out if you try to brush tangled hair. If brush teeth get stuck in your hair don't keep pulling and yanking, stop and detangle first, then you won't lose hair. Use a brush the same way as you do with a comb - start at the ends and work your way up.

I use a wide toothed comb after washing my hair and whenever I straighten it,I use to lovee using my denman bristle brush on my relaxed hair.

Back