How long does it take to love someone?

SummerSolstice

i have been seeing someone... he was a childhood friend and we kept in touch online for the beginning of college.
now we work together and I am falling SO HARD for him. I know he is falling back so its cool. I haven't said the L word yet. I'm going to wait for him to say it...
How long is long enough for love? Whats the shortest amount of time in which you felt it?

i don't know. i guess there are stages, and not just about the warm, fuzzy feelings you get in the beginning. the shortest time i felt it was within 3 months once i realized it wasn't just lust. but your feelings are your feelings. it's your truth. what do you love about this person, what makes this person so special to have such a strong affection for?

I honestly don't know. I've only been in love once. He told me he loved me within 2-3 months. I reciprocated but didn't really feel that I loved him until a month or two after that.

Are you all together?

i don't know. i guess there are stages, and not just about the warm, fuzzy feelings you get in the beginning. the shortest time i felt it was within 3 months once i realized it wasn't just lust. but your feelings are your feelings. it's your truth. what do you love about this person, what makes this person so special to have such a strong affection for?

:yep:

Exactly. How you feel is how you feel, and it shouldn't be dependent on anything else.

The last time I fell in love it was about 3 months for me as well.

I truly don't think there is a time period of when you fall in love. It really depends on the people and the relationship. I know a couple that has been together since 03 and they said they fell in love just a few months after meeting. so it truly is all about the connection. When it is time to say it, you will know and you will say it. So if you love him tell him.
No Matter Of You're Relaxed, Natural, or Texturized We Are All Beautiful Black Women...And It Doesn't Get Any Better Than That!

we aren't not together if that makes sense. We haven't talked about specifically being boyfriend and girlfriend but as far as boundaries go, we agree on everything. We're both monogamous and we both dont really feel like dating anymore. and we love our time spent together. its been about a month since we started hanging out and it feels like we've been doing this for years. it seems kinda crazy.

tread lightly with your feelings. you stated earlier he is falling back, and it's cool. if what you feel is true just let it blossom and see where it takes you. i remember saying to someone that i don't want to play games and hide feelings. i wanted to just be able to to "Be." if i was really digging that person, i wanted to be free to allow those feelings to come natural. if you love him, tell him, but like i said before, let that be your truth. own your own feelings, even if he doesn't feel the same way yet. and when i say tread lightly, i don't create pressure.

we aren't not together if that makes sense. We haven't talked about specifically being boyfriend and girlfriend but as far as boundaries go, we agree on everything. We're both monogamous and we both dont really feel like dating anymore. and we love our time spent together. its been about a month since we started hanging out and it feels like we've been doing this for years. it seems kinda crazy.

When I fell for the guy I'm seeing now, It was after about three/four months...I fell so hard and It's been about ten months now, and I can't imagine myself loving anyone else. I think depends on the connection you have and how well you know the person inwardly.

Hmmm.... :scratchch

Well, like another poster said...just tread lightly and keep your heart protected until you see through his ACTIONS and words that he loves you too! :grin:

Idk if there is a specific "time frame" however for falling in love. I do believe it takes time to see the person at their best AND their worst in order for you to know whether or not you love the person deeply as an individual.

Are you asking because you're wondering if YOU'RE feeling "in love" too quickly? Or, are you asking because you want to know whether or not HE might be feeling the same way? I'm kindof confused...

Back