How I got 2 inches of growth in one month...

I love, love, love this board and all the great advice I get here.

Did anyone else get more or faster growth since increasing their protein? I have!!!

Jazzy was very helpful. She suggested that I exercise to help increase the speed of my hair growth also. Ok, so I have not seen 2 inches in one month yet but I did get more than an inch almost every single month.

Any one else see more growth?

WOW! This thread is still alive?

Funny thing I was telling a friend today that I really learned alot on this board. The biggest difference I ever saw was the protein shakes. They make my hair grow like crazy.

Everyone should try it.

Teva,

I reviewed the initial post and saw that the amount of protein was in access of 100g per day. I'm vegetarian, consuming no flesh or eggs, so 132g of protein per day is beyond my capability. I was wondering how many grams you're consuming per day?

Thanks!

Hey I too am surprise to find this thread still active.

YOu can tally up all the protein you get from all your food sources. It is not necessary that you get as much as 130grams. I am very active so I do need more protein than most. Watch the protein in your cheese. Do you eat tofu? It does not have alot but that is one other source of protein. Beans are another source. You can also take a protein supplement.

Like Teva, I have also experimented with increasing and decreasing my protein. Without any doubt the added protein helps my hair to grow very fast. Every single time I stop monitoring my protien intake my growth slows down considerably.

[ QUOTE ]
JazzAngel said:
Like most of the members I do have my share of daily vitamins. Recently I got soo disgusted with the whole hair thing and really slacked of on taking my vitamins. BUT, I am on a very high protein diet for weight loss. Since being very focus with my diet I am aware of taking in a minum of 130grams of protien a day. I also run 7 miles a day.

A few days ago a friend of mine measure my hair only to discover that I had succeded in growing and retaining 2 inches of growth for the month.

I tried reaching this 2 inch goal in May or was it June and all I got was about 1 1/2, that was with all my vitamis. I was a bit disappointed and for this I just got disgused, but now on this high protein diet sans vitamins I reached it.

Part of my plan includes taking a Whey protein supplement.

<font color="blue">So could it be that protein alone would increase hair growth? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

JazzAngel,

Even though it was measured, did your hair look like it was considerably longer???? Do you have pics???
smirk.gif

TO JAZZANGEL
WOW ,CONGRATS GURL!!!I HAVE REACHEAD BRA STRAP LENGHT TRYNA GET TO WAISTE LENGHT.I MA FITNESS TRAINER SO I DO EXERCISE REGURARLY,DRINK PROTEIN SHAKE 2 X A WEEK AND EAT BEANS 3X A WEEK.I DON T LIKE MEAT, AND BEANS R AN EXCELLENT SUBSTITUTEOF THAT ..I RARELY EAT EGGS ,BUT I EAT 50 ALMONDS EVERYDAY WHICH R VERY RICH OF PROTEINS AND VITAMIN E.DRINK PLENTY OF WATER AND TAKE MULTIVITAMINS.
I WOULD SUGGEST TO DONT EAT SO MANY EGGS (6!!?)A DAY CAUSE THAT COULD BE SERIOUSLY DANGEROUS FOR YOUR HEALTH,SO TRY TO SWITCH ON DIFFERENT TYPE OF PROTEIN SOURCES...AS ALMONDS,LOBSTER,RED MEAT,CHICKEN,BEANS,MILK..ETC..BY THE WAY WHO THE HECK PRESCRIBE U TO EAT SO MANY EGGS GURLS?IS HE TRYNA KILL U OR SOMETHING?
shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
[ QUOTE ]
JazzAngel said:
Like most of the members I do have my share of daily vitamins. Recently I got soo disgusted with the whole hair thing and really slacked of on taking my vitamins. BUT, I am on a very high protein diet for weight loss. Since being very focus with my diet I am aware of taking in a minum of 130grams of protien a day. I also run 7 miles a day.

A few days ago a friend of mine measure my hair only to discover that I had succeded in growing and retaining 2 inches of growth for the month.

I tried reaching this 2 inch goal in May or was it June and all I got was about 1 1/2, that was with all my vitamis. I was a bit disappointed and for this I just got disgused, but now on this high protein diet sans vitamins I reached it.

<font color="blue">So could it be that protein alone would increase hair growth? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

JazzAngel,

Even though it was measured, did your hair look like it was considerably longer???? Do you have pics???
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that it is hard to believe, especially if you have not had such an expereince. There are many, many things that the human body is capable of that our limited thinking will not allow us to experience.

I have to repeat that I run alot which could have very well helped me considerabily more than someone who is inactive.

To answer the many PMs: NO, NO, NO I do not only eat eggs. I just watch my overall protein intake.

Do, I always get such phenomal grwoth, NO, NO, No. I do not have the disciple to always watch my diet. But, when I do yes I see the growth.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
KaramelKendra said:
TO JAZZANGEL
WOW ,CONGRATS GURL!!!I HAVE REACHEAD BRA STRAP LENGHT TRYNA GET TO WAISTE LENGHT.I MA FITNESS TRAINER SO I DO EXERCISE REGURARLY,DRINK PROTEIN SHAKE 2 X A WEEK AND EAT BEANS 3X A WEEK.I DON T LIKE MEAT, AND BEANS R AN EXCELLENT SUBSTITUTEOF THAT ..I RARELY EAT EGGS ,BUT I EAT 50 ALMONDS EVERYDAY WHICH R VERY RICH OF PROTEINS AND VITAMIN E.DRINK PLENTY OF WATER AND TAKE MULTIVITAMINS.
I WOULD SUGGEST TO DONT EAT SO MANY EGGS (6!!?)A DAY CAUSE THAT COULD BE SERIOUSLY DANGEROUS FOR YOUR HEALTH,SO TRY TO SWITCH ON DIFFERENT TYPE OF PROTEIN SOURCES...AS ALMONDS,LOBSTER,RED MEAT,CHICKEN,BEANS,MILK..ETC..BY THE WAY WHO THE HECK PRESCRIBE U TO EAT SO MANY EGGS GURLS?IS HE TRYNA KILL U OR SOMETHING?
shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ] To each her own but the whole eggs will kill you thing has been waaaay overrated.

The last two decades of research are increasingly showing that egg consumption should not be a concern for a majority of people.

The American Heart Association (AHA) has even recently changed its position on the egg from recommending that Americans restrict their consumption of eggs to no more than three a week back in 1972 to at least one egg a day.

Re: Here are some pictures...

I've always heard that protein makes hair grow. My mom told me that when I was young but I never gave it much thought til later and was never disciplined enough watch my protein intake.
However, the last month or so I have been craving protein shakes(particularly strawberry and banana's mixed in).
Either I've made them at home in the blender or buy them at the smoothie shops.
Well I relaxed my hair about 3 weeks ago and already there is like an inch of new growth! I was like wha????...then I remembered my protein shake craze. So must have been that ...or the increased scalp massages and Bikram yoga for relaxation, probably both!

JazzAngel - your hair looks great and as Armyqt says - the proof is in the pudding!

Happy Hair Growing!

Hey Jazz, congrats on the growth
clap.gif
!! I agree with you my hair has grown a lot over the past several months an I also attribute it to my high protein diet. I also take supplements, but I really think it's the protein.

I've always been anemic and my doctor had been trying to get me to eat red meat for years but I gave it up a long time ago. Anyway, I started eating it again last year and earlier this year I started doing a modified version of the Atkins diet and my hair has grown a lot. I haven't measured the NG, but I can tell how long it's grown by looking at pictures of my haircut in January.

I had a physical a couple of weeks ago and for the first time in my life, my iron levels are normal! Yeah for protein- helped me with overall health and growing hair
smile.gif

Jazz,

How has the protein diet helped your weight loss? Are you still doing the high protein?

Your hair grew longer and is VERY beautiful.

Thanks

~op~

Re: Here are some pictures...

Due to the success that some of you ladies have had with protein in increasing your hair growth, I think I may try to increase my own protein intake. /images/graemlins/clap.gif I don't eat much red meat, and even though I eat meat I don't eat it often. When I do it's usually turkey, salmon, tuna, etc. I don't know what's wrong with me. LOL* I guess I just was never a big meat eater.

I'm currently taking those Ultranourishair pills from GNC. Is anyone else taking these? Do they really work? I've been taking them off and on since September, and I dont' really notice any real increase in growth in my hair.

I would like to take those protein shakes, but when I drink them they're always kind of chalky tasting and not that tasty to me so I always end up not finishing it. . ARe there any safe protein pills that I can buy at GNC or vitamin world? Which ones would you all recommend? Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
JazzAngel said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Hair, skin and nails are made up of majority protein, so eating a diet rich in protein and cutting out too much sugar can only be good for your hair, skin and nails as well as muscle....However, you need other nutrients too. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well done on your 2" of growth /images/graemlins/shocked.gif/images/graemlins/clap.gif

Back