How do you dress at home when DH/SO is around?

Kinkyhairlady

As a newlywed I'm learning a lot but one of my biggest issues is that I still dress like I don't have a hubby while in the house and going to bed. I don't own any lingerie but I do have some cute pjs but I have a lot of old ones too that I still wear. Basically I didn't care until DH mentioned that I dress homely while in the house but when I'm going out I always look very put together so why don't I do the same while at home:/ usually I'm in sweats or a long skirt and sweater. I like to feel comfy but I know I need to make more effort can't be walking around the house homly all the time but I have no clue what to wear. DH is very into his appearance and makes sure he puts cologne before getting into bed me I'm lucky if I remember to lotion up! Lol

tshirt and panties generally. but thats what i wear all the time anyway, except when im nude (which is frequent, i currently live alone :lol:)

I try to always be cute. Even if it's just leggings and a fitted T-shirt. I don't like even looking in the mirror and not looking decent.

Sent from my fantabulous Note 4 using LHCF

I use to be really bad at this, because I would wear a bunch of oversized T-shirts, long dresses and skirts (SMH), but over the last year I've tried to step my game up so I mostly wear Victoria Secret's loungewear. I figured that it's better than what I wore before at least. I also hang out in a robe sometimes, but it's just us...no kids.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I use to be really bad at this, because I would wear a bunch of oversized T-shirts, long dresses and skirts (SMH), but over the last year I've tried to step my game up so I mostly wear Victoria Secret's loungewear. I figured that it's better than what I wore before at least. I also hang out in a robe sometimes, but it's just us...no kids.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

i find this interesting, i guess because what i already wear/feel comfortable in is usually something that a man would find sexy. i never wore long houseclothes or pants to begin with. i would find it a lot of fun shopping for cute things to lay around the house in, SO or not. like the other poster thread, i like looking in the mirror and looking good :lol:

im one of those people who comes home and undresses right away :lol:

Soffee shorts and a tank top no matter who is over. But it could be considered sexy cause I have a big butt and big boobs

i find this interesting, i guess because what i already wear/feel comfortable in is usually something that a man would find sexy. i never wore long houseclothes or pants to begin with. i would find it a lot of fun shopping for cute things to lay around the house in, SO or not. like the other poster thread, i like looking in the mirror and looking good :lol: im one of those people who comes home and undresses right away :lol:
I struggle with being comfortable, but not looking frumpy. I like looking good, but I didn't put any effort into my look at home. I would wear long dresses and a Bonet! After some complaints, I took action. No bonet, no frumpy! LOL Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:
I second the lounge wear from Victorias secret.

I wear leggings and a cute t shirt or when it's warmer shorts and a t shirt.

Tshirt and panties and turn up the heat.
My hair is the issue- I wear scarves.

I try not to be all naked for mystique lol
I keep going back to the Seinfeld episode where they delt with "good naked" and "bad naked" especially with me coughing often.
Today was a bad house day. I pushed the boundaries of homey lol

I have a really plush vs robe that I lounge in during the winter with my skimpy pjs or gown underneath. In the summer I lose the robe.

Yoga Pants/Fitted Top
Sundresses
Short Pajama Shorts (summer only)/Fitted Top

I try to look cute because my hair is usually in a non-sexy protective style :ohwell:

Tank top and panties (thongs or boy shorts)
Tank top and leggings

I always make sure my hair is neat too. DH likes to see me looking cute at all times. He even bought me head scarves in pretty colors to wrap my hair. I had this brown one that he hated so he got me 4 new ones in different colors.

Last edited:
Tank top and panties (things or boy shorts) Tank top and leggings I always make sure my hair is neat too. DH likes to see me looking cute at all times. He even bought me head scarves in pretty colors to wrap my hair. I had this brown one that he hated so he got me 4 new ones in different colors.

Lawd you all put me to shame! I'm going to toss all the old house clothes I had also undies to cause he hates when I wear my gramma undies. He brought me a dozen new panties from VS but I still wear the old ones. I'm changing everything this week. Yep

Ummm....I'm usually in his sweats. Baggy sweat pants and a bit sweatshirt.... :lol: Or I'm in yoga pants and a tank top. I'm so unsexy.

I know he wishes I'd wear lingerie once in a while. I guess I'll get something nice for Valentines day.... *sigh*

Unfortunately I stay cold in the winter so sweats or my big comfy onesie are my staples.

I can get sexy when I need to though :-)

If I walked around the house in a t-shirt and panties all the time I would never get anything done.

I'm mainly in leggings and lounge wear at home. There is a teenager around these parts who is making it her life's mission to make me girly so my old clothes have a way of disappearing.

I wear pj pants and a tshirt. Bonnet on unless my hair is twisted then bonnet only at night. Im very comfortable with my husband to wear "homely" stuff and he dresses homely too. We have a 1 year old and another on the way. We play hay day and other apps on our phone together. We watch HGTV and Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. We eat pizza and chicken strips at the couch as opposed to the dining table sometimes. We eat cereal at night! We are tired and happy at the same time. Who cares what clothes you have on. We love each other and we are comfortable. Aint nobody got time for style lol

I wear pj pants and a tshirt. Bonnet on unless my hair is twisted then bonnet only at night. Im very comfortable with my husband to wear "homely" stuff and he dresses homely too. We have a 1 year old and another on the way. We play hay day and other apps on our phone together. We watch HGTV and Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. We eat pizza and chicken strips at the couch as opposed to the dining table sometimes. We eat cereal at night! We are tired and happy at the same time. Who cares what clothes you have on. We love each other and we are comfortable. Aint nobody got time for style lol

I think that works for you and your hubby because you both are similar so he doesn't care. My DH tries to look good even in the house and I do notice but I act like I don't, lol. I do need to step up because if he's making the effort I should as well after all we are in this for the long haul might as well make each other happy.

You should go to the Sensuality thread and That Girl thread.

I don't own frumpy things so my house clothes are cute. In the winter I wear leggings, fitted thermals, sweater dresses with knee highs, button downs, whatever. I don't wear anything on my head but I have seen many nice head scarves. Truth be told I don't know how to rock a head scarf. LOL!

You can try Pinterest for ideas on what to lounge around in. I believe in what FemmeCreole said about being cute at all times. Takes very little time to look nice at home. Good luck!

Hello! My father is exactly the same way! He is the fashionable head of our family :lol: he will always tell my siblings and I if we are looking presentable or not and would exclusively take us shopping so we didn't end up buying bummy :look: :lol: I live alone now but here are some ideas: 1. Flannel or silk sets. Very appropriate and presentable on a night in with your husband, cute for watching movies together etc! 2. Lounge sets! Not to be confused with track sets or velour sets. Usually come with a tee, zip up, and pant! Very good for house work, or working from home when you know you won't have to go outside much. 3. Maxi dresses! Super chic and cute! Are very flattering and are perfect if you aren't sure if you are going to have to leave the house for a quick lunch date or surprise dinner invitation.

Attachments

• image-3961600405.jpg
    image-3961600405.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 141
  • image-3033677285.jpg
    image-3033677285.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 161
  • image-1365159832.jpg
    image-1365159832.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 160
Lawd you all put me to shame! I'm going to toss all the old house clothes I had also undies to cause he hates when I wear my gramma undies. He brought me a dozen new panties from VS but I still wear the old ones. I'm changing everything this week. Yep
Good for you! Men are visual creatures.

This is how I dress at home all the time regardless of whether my FH is around. We've only recently started living together. I don't feel comfortable wearing a lot of clothes in the house so I take off my outside clothes as soon as I get in.

I'll usually wear a tank top or t shirt and panties. Sometimes I'll wear one of his boxers or some type of shorts. If it's cold I'll wear leggings or pj bottoms and some sort of long sleeve top or a hoody over the t shirt, or I'll wear a onesie. If it's hot I'll just wear panties.

Last edited:
Cute nighties, boyshorts or bottomless :look: , I take tshirts and cut them up to make them sexy (off the shoulder, etc). Sometimes I'll wear one of his button down shirts. Fitted dresses from summertime that I've retired. Thot socks LOL the knee high or thigh high ones. I have cute bonnets for sleep time, otherwise my hair is out until I hit the bed.

I keeps it cute even at home. :yep:

wow, so many tees and panties!:lol: i've never tried that. i think i would feel weird with my bare legs on the couch & chairs.

i normally wear dresses. i dont buy dresses for this purpose though. when they become slightly faded or out of style or whatever i start wearing them around the house.

Back