How do you airdry??

Saida

I airdry in a bun, from what I've been reading thats not the best thing to do?? any advice for how to airdry my hair?

I hate having it down, cuz my neck gets all wet, and seems like my hair gets all tangled up :ohwell:

I use one of those big hair nets. After I finish rinsing out the conditioner and detangling my hair under running water, I squeeze out the excess water and apply a little bit of leave in, oil and serum. Then I smooth my hair back as if I was putting it into a low pony tail and I put on the hair net and wrap the tail of the net around my ponytail (I hope that makes sense). When my hair's about halfway dry, I'll take it down and comb it then put the hair net back on and go to sleep. When I wake up the center is a little bit damp so I'll part my hair down the middle and it dries in 15-20 minutes.

Last edited:
well i used to air dry in a bun , and then flat iron it next day but i learned the hard way that it does not keep moisture in my hair for some reason,, now i airdry in many medium sized braids done on soaking wet hair,, when i undo them my hair is well moisturized and it makes for a much healthier straightening,, id never go back hth

I airdry in 2 large twist or platts, but when I am 10wks plus post relaxer I airdry in atleast 6-8 large twist. After I put my twist/platts in I just put that twistie turbie towel on my head and pin it up for awhile, by the time I let it down it's just damp and no more dripping. Buy that time I can take the twist down if I want and airdry the rest of the way loose without the drippy wet feeling.

I lightly blot my hair with a towel and apply Fermodyl 619, Keracare Leave-in, and CHI Silk Fusion while it's still wet. And let it dry straight. I can usually wear it out like this for one day. When it's completely dry, I add NTM Silk Touch Leave-in and some Keracare Oil Moisturizer and do four big cornrows for a braid out.

If I want to airdry straight, I apply Fermodyl 619 and NTM Silk Touch, and seal with some oil. Then pull my hair back in a loose pony tail with one of those hair rubberbands. I use a gray roller to take up the length and wear a baggy on the ends for 2-3 days at night until it dries. It'll have a nice bump in the end.

For both styles I use a nice scarf to cover my edges, and don't have to comb in between washes.

HTH!

Last edited:
I air dry in 10 braids/plaits. If I want a straight style I'll just do a rollerset, let it air dry for the rest of the day or overnight and then wrap the next day.

Last edited:
Back