How do the men in your life uplift you?

MsKinkycurl

Having a healthy self esteem is essential but I've realized recently how powerful it can be having positive reinforcement from others, especially from our SOs. What are your stories of how your SO helps you feel your (very high) worth?

My SO does public speaking and I once heard a recording of a speech he gave that I missed. When he spoke about me I was left speechless and wondering who this MsKinkycurl was that was killing the game on all fronts. The way he told it I sounded like a beautiful goddess with ridiculous academic and professional accomplishments. Nothing he said was a lie but the way he framed it made it seem so amazing... it made me appreciate myself even more.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using LHCF

All the men in my life treat me like a princess. Well I guess I am a queen now since I'm 31 :lachen:

My dad and brothers adore me and shower me with gifts and love. My sons look up to me with admiration and it melts my heart. My husband is like your SO in the way he speaks so highly of me to others. I don't know if dh does the same for me, but I do not allow anyone to talk crap about him to me. Not even his momma

My ex sent this note in my graduation gift.

"Congratulations, Jane! I am blessed to have witnessed so much intelligence, beauty, resilience, and compassion in one person. I can't think of anyone with a brighter future. Extremely proud of you."

All the men in my family (my father, my brothers, uncles are VERY encouraging! They give great advice and tell me how it is straight up no chaser. They are not perfect, but they can admit that and they always strive to be better. I am VERY lucky!

Back