How did your FH/DH propose?

lesedi

All is well with me
I have just read luckiestdestiny's engagement story and I thought it was the cutest sory ever and now I need to hear more! Just a feel-good thread i guess

Spill ladies!!

xx

One of my sorority sisters was scrubbing the bathroom floor on her hands and knees when her boyfriend proposed. She asked him why did he do it that way and he said he was trying to wait until they had dinner but he got so excited he couldn't wait. He just got back from getting the ring and ran to find her and she happened to be in the bathroom.

One of my friends proposed to his girlfriend at our Florida Delegates breakfast at the Democratic Convention

One of my friends made it on Huffington Post when he proposed to his girlfriend in front of the White House gates.

We were sitting on the couch after spending a day with my father in the west end of London he was broken hearted when instead of going home with him and my sister to my sister's house (because my father was visiting us in London, and even though I have been living with my fiancé for a couple of years before then, my father did not think that we should be living in sin). He said to me, baby after seeing your dad today and also knowing that we have known each other since we were kids, and I don't know anyone better than you, you know its been coming but lets make this official.
I only got my ring a couple of years later, but here she was, just beautiful to me:spinning:
5fj9es.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
One of my sorority sisters was scrubbing the bathroom floor on her hands and knees when her boyfriend proposed. She asked him why did he do it that way and he said he was trying to wait until they had dinner but he got so excited he couldn't wait. He just got back from getting the ring and ran to find her and she happened to be in the bathroom.

Lol that sounds like us. He asked me at his apartment. He was so freaking excited he couldn't wait until we got to dinner. I was at work and he asked me to come home like NOW. And I'm like why?!? What is the hurry? Why are you being all weird? I knew what he was up to because he was acting all weird. He did the same thing two weeks prior (He was at the jewelry store when I called him and he rushed me off the phone) and the ring never surfaced so I figured this was it. I was so mad at him for not planning something "special" but I got over it. :Shrug: I just wanted my ring.

Lol that sounds like us. He asked me at his apartment. He was so freaking excited he couldn't wait until we got to dinner. I was at work and he asked me to come home like NOW. And I'm like why?!? What is the hurry? Why are you being all weird? I knew what he was up to because he was acting all weird. He did the same thing two weeks prior (He was at the jewelry store when I called him and he rushed me off the phone) and the ring never surfaced so I figured this was it. I was so mad at him for not planning something "special" but I got over it. :Shrug: I just wanted my ring.

I think it's cute that he couldn't wait! I love that..
Dont you think men have it hard when it comes to figuring out really unique ways to propose nowadays? There are so many hot-air balloon stories, eiffel tower stories etc that maybe him asking you at home was unique. :yep:

dh had just got home from spending a yr in Korea and I rushed 3 and a half hrs to c him and we stayed at my brothers house for a week. On day 3 b4 I had to go home, while I was making the bed he looked at me and said," we should get married next week, I'm thinking wendsday." I asked him r u serious cause he said it very matter of factly. He replied yeah I'm serious. I still didnt believe him though till he showed up at my house that wendsay looking somewhat dressy. We went to the courthouse and got married that day.

No ring, no romance, thats just how we do it. As a matter of fact, we got tatooed rings of each others names till he could afford a nice ring for me.We saved like 2 yrs (ithink)then he took me to the store and told me to choose whatever I wanted so I ended up with a car on my finger that he paid for in cash. (thats the most romanced I've ever felt and since he will never top that, its best he not even try)

dh had just got home from spending a yr in Korea and I rushed 3 and a half hrs to c him and we stayed at my brothers house for a week. On day 3 b4 I had to go home, while I was making the bed he looked at me and said," we should get married next week, I'm thinking wendsday." I asked him r u serious cause he said it very matter of factly. He replied yeah I'm serious. I still didnt believe him though till he showed up at my house that wendsay looking somewhat dressy. We went to the courthouse and got married that day.

No ring, no romance, thats just how we do it. As a matter of fact, we got tatooed rings of each others names till he could afford a nice ring for me.We saved like 2 yrs (ithink)then he took me to the store and told me to choose whatever I wanted so I ended up with a car on my finger that he paid for in cash. (thats the most romanced I've ever felt and since he will never top that, its best he not even try)

I love stories like this! Something to tell the grandchildren :) I say this cos I'm forever asking my grandmother to re-tell her engagement story- i find it fascinating. She actually dumped my grandfather on the day he proposed. She told him that he wasn't being serious and told him that he needed a reality check etc... As she turned around and said goodbye, he said he knew right then and there that this fiesty woman (winding her neck etc lol) was the one for him....for life. He said "if i was to marry you, would that make me serious?" she said "maybe" and that was the last the spoke of it. They both went to their respective houses, met in the afternoon outside the courthouse-steps and they were married 45 minutes later! They were married from 1956 until 1997 when my grandfather died -41 years :)

Last edited:
Back