How could he?

nlv

I'm feeling a bit down. Just wanted to vent. My ex & I live together which is a big mistake. We ended up breaking up 10 months ago (3 months into moving in with each other) but were still acting and carrying on as if we were still in a relationship. We were actually in the process of working things out.

Backstory:
He has this "friend". To my understanding, they'd only been friends for only 3 years (via MySpace) but act as though they've known each other for years. He never bothered to introduce me to her and he used to only hang with her when we had an argument. I found out by snooping. This broad has publically disrespected me via Twitter (he has never checked her) and used to post little things pertaining to their friendship to piss me off. (This is what he told me.) I could never understand why she would waste do such things and why he'd still remain friends with her after she did these childish things. I was actually jealous for a brief minute because he did things for her that he wouldn't do for me. Recently, she wanted to so-call apologize for her childish behavior because of him. According to her, he is her only friend that won't stand her up.

Recent:
Lately they've been hanging together a lot. Every weekend. Him & I made plans last week to go out this past Saturday. She invited him to some Melanie Fiona x Dwele concert last minute and he decided to go with her. I was upset so I went out with a friend of mine. I didn't get in until 5am and happened to notice him sitting in his car in front of our building. I assumed we just pulled up at the same time. Everything was fine. I was over it and even treated him to breakfast later that morning. After he dropped me off to go to work, me being the suspicious person I am, I decided to to look at her Instagram so see how much fun they had (she takes pics of everything) and noticed she had taken a full body photo in my bedroom mirror before they left for the event. OH NO. I was in disbelief. I still feel numb. I immediate confronted him with the picture and he kept apologizing. I didn't even respond to his texts.

Later that evening when he returned home, I gave it to him. I cried a little harder than I should. He sat and said he was sorry that I found out. Huh? He said they came in for drinks before the event (didn't want to drink in the car) for 10 minutes and she wanted to take a full body picture and him not "thinking" let her go into my room and use MY mirror. I am devastated. He also said he didn't think I would find out. He assumed her IG was private. He had the audacity to ask me out on a date that night (to make it up to me). I declined. I also told him that he disrespected me and that we need to move ASAP. He then GOT MAD and told me that he had no where to go so I told him to ask her to let him stay with her. He stormed out and left. I haven't seen him since. Well, he'll come into the apartment when I'm not there and leaves before I return. I am still hurt, upset, angry. I'm still crying. I loved this guy. I can't believe this. :sad:

I can't eat, sleep, etc. I don't even lay in my room anymore. I won't step foot in there. It just doesn't feel right anymore. This girl isn't even his friend. She cut him off once because he wouldn't take semi-nude pictures of her and because he wouldn't sex her when she was high once. Why does he go above and beyond and is willing to mess up this for her? Someone who turned him down for a relationship? Someone who only calls him when it's convenient to her? I feel so low.

Have you ever seen "He's Just Not That Into You?" If not, you should know that Myspace is the new booty call. Men/boys troll myspace and other social media looking for women/girls to hook up with. They do not have an innocent relationship, and your boyfriend continually disrespects you.

He needs to go. He's not sorry for disrespecting you. And it sounds like he and that other chick has already crossed that line...Please let them have each other.

:huh: sounds like he's been dating her the whole time. if hes going out with her every weekend and not you, obviously he done switched sides.

Thanks ladies. I don't know if they crossed that line because he has an incurable STD and she doesn't want him because of so. But that doesn't mean anything. He ruined my life.

I agree with the other ladies. It's time to move on. I am sorry you are going through this. I know it hurts. But the faster you end this relationship, the faster you will heal and the sooner you can move on to someone who loves you like you love them.

The issue isn't between you and the other woman. The issue is between you and that man. He has to go and she will go right along with him. And don't let him turn it around on you.

you need to move him out and move on with your life and STAT. I know you're hurting but this man is not worth your tears.

Is this real? No...seriously...

I wish I could say that I feel sorry you but I don't. I normally try to offer some type of helpful advice but I seriously cannot.

- He has an incurable STD...

- You all broke up but are still living together...

- He is actively dating another woman while living with you...

- You sitting over there all hurt because he's basically moving own without you IN YOUR FACE...

- He let his (girl)friend talk **** about you, and let her take pictures in your room...

He is dogging you and you are 100% a willing participant and have no one to blame but yourself. At what point do you finally woman up, grow some ovaries and stop playing victim. You sitting there like you don't have a choice. Hell...MOVE OUT!

At what point do you get tired of allowing yourself to be trivialized by this man? At what point do you become accountable for your own emotions OP? I just can't...

Last edited:
Thanks ladies. I don't know if they crossed that line because he has an incurable STD and she doesn't want him because of so. But that doesn't mean anything. He ruined my life.

Did he tell you about his STD status before you became intimate (I'm assuming that you are)? Have you been tested? I hope that you didn't contract what he has. Most importantly, take care of yourself...

Mai Tai...its called low self esteem, believe it or not a lot of women suffer from it. Ive been there so I cant throw any shade at the OP.

Now, OP, girlllll pack your stuff and move out. He dont love you, he knows how you feel about him and hes taking advantage of it. Let me guess...dude has herpes, right? Dont be a fool and think just cuz he has it hes not sleeping with anyone else but you. Thats why so many people have it today, the ones who are infected dont give a **** and keep spreading it. This dude is disrespectful and will continue to be because YOU ALLOW IT! Move out, change your number and go on with your life.

I'm feeling a bit down. Just wanted to vent. My ex & I live together which is a big mistake. We ended up breaking up 10 months ago (3 months into moving in with each other) but were still acting and carrying on as if we were still in a relationship. We were actually in the process of working things out.

Backstory:
He has this "friend". To my understanding, they'd only been friends for only 3 years (via MySpace) but act as though they've known each other for years. He never bothered to introduce me to her and he used to only hang with her when we had an argument. I found out by snooping. This broad has publically disrespected me via Twitter (he has never checked her) and used to post little things pertaining to their friendship to piss me off. (This is what he told me.) I could never understand why she would waste do such things and why he'd still remain friends with her after she did these childish things. I was actually jealous for a brief minute because he did things for her that he wouldn't do for me. Recently, she wanted to so-call apologize for her childish behavior because of him. According to her, he is her only friend that won't stand her up.

Recent:
Lately they've been hanging together a lot. Every weekend. Him & I made plans last week to go out this past Saturday. She invited him to some Melanie Fiona x Dwele concert last minute and he decided to go with her. I was upset so I went out with a friend of mine. I didn't get in until 5am and happened to notice him sitting in his car in front of our building. I assumed we just pulled up at the same time. Everything was fine. I was over it and even treated him to breakfast later that morning. After he dropped me off to go to work, me being the suspicious person I am, I decided to to look at her Instagram so see how much fun they had (she takes pics of everything) and noticed she had taken a full body photo in my bedroom mirror before they left for the event. OH NO. I was in disbelief. I still feel numb. I immediate confronted him with the picture and he kept apologizing. I didn't even respond to his texts.

Later that evening when he returned home, I gave it to him. I cried a little harder than I should. He sat and said he was sorry that I found out. Huh? He said they came in for drinks before the event (didn't want to drink in the car) for 10 minutes and she wanted to take a full body picture and him not "thinking" let her go into my room and use MY mirror. I am devastated. He also said he didn't think I would find out. He assumed her IG was private. He had the audacity to ask me out on a date that night (to make it up to me). I declined. I also told him that he disrespected me and that we need to move ASAP. He then GOT MAD and told me that he had no where to go so I told him to ask her to let him stay with her. He stormed out and left. I haven't seen him since. Well, he'll come into the apartment when I'm not there and leaves before I return. I am still hurt, upset, angry. I'm still crying. I loved this guy. I can't believe this. :sad:

I can't eat, sleep, etc. I don't even lay in my room anymore. I won't step foot in there. It just doesn't feel right anymore. This girl isn't even his friend. She cut him off once because he wouldn't take semi-nude pictures of her and because he wouldn't sex her when she was high once. Why does he go above and beyond and is willing to mess up this for her? Someone who turned him down for a relationship? Someone who only calls him when it's convenient to her? I feel so low.

How could he? He could because you let him. For 7 months you 'carried on'. Now it's time to move on!

In one sentence you say she was high and wanted to color with him. In another she doesn't want anything to do with him because of the std. Wtf?

Wow,
At this point this is not even about him. This is about you and your self worth. Love yourself enough to want better and do better. Your self esteem is a magnet for what you will attract. In no way is this love. Stop entertaining it as if something beautiful can come from this. This guy is repeatedly showing you his character...believe him and move on. He will say and do whatever he has to in order to keep a roof over his head...he is there for convenience. Sorry you had to go through the drama, but it is happening to make you a stronger woman...grow from the experience. Learn to recognize treasure from trash.

FearlessNik said:
How could he? He could because you let him. For 7 months you 'carried on'. Now it's time to move on!

In one sentence you say she was high and wanted to color with him. In another she doesn't want anything to do with him because of the std. Wtf?

She wanted to color with him before he was diagnosed.

AyannaDivine said:
Mai Tai...its called low self esteem, believe it or not a lot of women suffer from it. Ive been there so I cant throw any shade at the OP.

Now, OP, girlllll pack your stuff and move out. He dont love you, he knows how you feel about him and hes taking advantage of it. Let me guess...dude has herpes, right? Dont be a fool and think just cuz he has it hes not sleeping with anyone else but you. Thats why so many people have it today, the ones who are infected dont give a **** and keep spreading it. This dude is disrespectful and will continue to be because YOU ALLOW IT! Move out, change your number and go on with your life.

Yes he does. I spoke to my rental office manager earlier and typed up our notice and had him sign it when I finally caught up with him. We have until the first of August.

ShortyDooWhop said:
Did he tell you about his STD status before you became intimate (I'm assuming that you are)? Have you been tested? I hope that you didn't contract what he has. Most importantly, take care of yourself...

No he didn't. I found out from his ex (baby mom) when I finally met her (year or so later). Apparently she had it and he "willingly" caught it from her. I went and got tested shortly after. I contracted it.

Believe me...I understand...I've been there and done that, but at some point you have to grow up and take a critical look at how you are allowing yourself to be treated badly.

Many people are so quick to blame the other person without taking any responsibility for their contribution to their own dysfunction. Situations like these extend beyond "low self-esteem" and are really just "I-don't-give-a-fcuk-about-myself" mantras.

The title of this thread is "How could he?" when it should be "How could I?"

nlv said:
No he didn't. I found out from his ex (baby mom) when I finally met her (year or so later). Apparently she had it and he "willingly" caught it from her. I went and got tested shortly after. I contracted it.

Oh my....are you okay OP????

has an incurable STD
gave it you
He's snooping around with this other chick
has a child to take care of

and you still want him because....EDITED: you wanted to work things out with him because?....
honey child leave now. Like NOW. that is insane

Last edited:
Mai Tai said:
Is this real? No...seriously...

I wish I could say that I feel sorry you but I don't. I normally try to offer some type of helpful advice but I seriously cannot.

- He has an incurable STD...

- You all broke up but are still living together...

- He is actively dating another woman while living with you...

- You sitting over there all hurt because he's basically moving own without you IN YOUR FACE...

- He let his (girl)friend talk **** about you, and let her take pictures in your room...

He is dogging you and you are 100% a willing participant and have no one to blame but yourself. At what point do you finally woman up, grow some ovaries and stop playing victim. You sitting there like you don't have a choice. Hell...MOVE OUT!

At what point do you get tired of allowing yourself to be trivialized by this man? At what point do you become accountable for your own emotions OP? I just can't...

Wow. This was harsh. We broke up and we WERE working on things. I wanted to take it slow this time around. He wanted to jump into a relationship again. Glad I didn't. His "best friend" and him hang out. I've been invited out once or twice BUT I don't like her and I cannot pretend to so I decline and let them do their own thing. He wanted us to be "friends". Yes it's unfortunate he disrespected me to the ultimate by bringing her in without asking especially letting her into my room. Oh well.

I'm not playing victim I just didn't understand. I am taking the necessary steps to move out. I do have a choice and It was my idea to move. I just came to vent not to be bashed.

UrbainChic said:
Can you move out OP? You need to cut the ties. :nono:

so sorry.

I'm working on it now. I have typed and had him sign our evacuate notice paper. I will turn it in on the 1st. I am in the process of finding another place:

poochie167 said:
has an incurable STD
gave it you
He's snooping around with this other chick
has a child to take care of

and you still want him because....EDITED: you wanted to work things out with him because?....
honey child leave now. Like NOW. that is insane

He always had a child and I forgave him. We tried to make it work. His "best friend" and he have an on/off friendship. Things are only bad when she pops back up in the picture. This time around happens to be the last straw.

I figured I'd add my insight. Obviously he's not the right guy but that goes without being said, to shed light on the situation, your time is abundance where as her time is much more sparce. If there is a side chick its because he likes her more but you benefit him a lot more. You're the better match for him but attraction isn't a choice. People only do what they are allowed to do that's why we have police.

aasem said:
I figured I'd add my insight. Obviously he's not the right guy but that goes without being said, to shed light on the situation, your time is abundance where as her time is much more sparce. If there is a side chick its because he likes her more but you benefit him a lot more. You're the better match for him but attraction isn't a choice. People only do what they are allowed to do that's why we have police.

I understand. Thank you.

Wow. This was harsh. We broke up and we WERE working on things. I wanted to take it slow this time around. He wanted to jump into a relationship again. Glad I didn't. His "best friend" and him hang out. I've been invited out once or twice BUT I don't like her and I cannot pretend to so I decline and let them do their own thing. He wanted us to be "friends". Yes it's unfortunate he disrespected me to the ultimate by bringing her in without asking especially letting her into my room. Oh well.

I'm not playing victim I just didn't understand. I am taking the necessary steps to move out. I do have a choice and It was my idea to move. I just came to vent not to be bashed.

In situations like these where leaving was not your first reaction, a little tough/harsh love is clearly needed. I'm just saying what everyone else is sugarcoating...

Last edited:

Beautifully and honestly stated. You really broke it down.

OP, this guy is awful and now you feel "ruined" because he knowingly gave you an incurable std. It's sad all around. You have put up with way too much for far too long. You may need some therapy to get over this, in a way he assaulted you (by knowingly giving you a disease) and the fact that you still stuck around says a lot. Let that little heifer have him and you move on with your life. He's already stolen some of your health and peace of mind, don't give him the chance to cause you any more harm. He sounds like a dispicable human being and you deserve better.

OP, please please please drop this guy. Please! He's no good for you and your self-esteem. He blatantly disrespects and mistreats you, it will only get worse. You deserve sooooooo much more. You deserve to be there for yourself right now. Please cut the ties no matter how difficult. You will thank yourself late rif you do.

OP, please move out and get on with your life. He's using you as a convenient cushion, an easy access to sex, and a roommate. What are you getting out of this arrangement aside from heart break? You can find a better relationship or marriage with the right person, in due time. Don't let your prognosis keep you in an emotional prison. I think your ex/boyfriend believes you won't go anywhere because of the std he's given you, and he's using that to his advantage. It's time for it to stop.

Some men don't like confrontation that comes with a break up. They like to transition slowly to the next one while keeping the benefits that came with the last one. He probably told her that you two are living separate lives & not sleeping together, but sharing space because of the lease. Reading the story it sounds more like she is the girlfriend and you are the side piece or -ex as shown by the way he makes her the priority. It's a hard pill to swallow but you'll have peace when you accept reality and move on.

Back