How Can I ever learn to love these naps?

@Nonie - I think it is the length. (I'm sure the beauty/sex appeal of these women and their iconic imagery affects my judgment as well, but I have always loved these women's fros since I was little girl.) I do like that last pic of Florida Evans, even though that big ole laugh on her face made me chuckle :drunk:.

I like all of the pics you posted in #114 as well, but I still have that iconic image of the combed-out fro etched in my mind as the ideal fro.

here's some real talk girlie.....you are not likely to really fall inl.ove with your hair until you get past sl cause shrinkage is a mutha and the longer your hair gets the more styles you can do. be patient and realize that tehre is a learning curve with handling and loving your natural hair. don't feel guilty for feeling this way cause many of us have on some level.

(((OP))), I love your hair too! It looks soft and fluffy and reminds me of my own hair after I had gotten over the shock of a BC I didn't ask for that took me from SL to TWA (about 5+ inches down the drain at the hands of a SHS), I went through a few days of trying out different products as leave-ins, that my friend sent me...and among them was S Curl. It was then that I discovered my holy grail, and I couldn't get enough of the fluffy soft cloud my hair formed. I see the same in your hair, albeit yours isn't shaped into a dome, but it's there alright.

Here are pics of my hair at that time:
AnotherPuffDoMarch2007-vi.jpg

Day3Puffforhubbyspleasure-vi.jpg

Every night I would plait it in as big plaits as I could get it in, and then put on a baggy. In the morning it'd comb out with such ease and it'd just form the afro because the wetness would make it coil.

I don't like WNGs. I never did them coz just the thought of them spelled tangles and problems. I wish you lived near me, I'd help you see the beauty I see.

If your regimen is tedious, then it is understandable why you'd be fed up. @pookaloo83 made a good point about putting the hair away. I enjoyed my TWA stage but I am as lazy as they come. And after a while I didn't feel like styling my hair day in, day out. So I put braids in. I'm fortunate because I can do my own extension braids and the benefit of extensions was I could whip them into a style in a jiffy or just do nothing and not look crazy. I did redo one at a time as needed and thus maintain my hair and I'd trim the ends when I thought of it. Being in braids also meant I could forget about my hair. And in that time, it grew so that I could sport a puff further back on my head:
roPuffSept12008Justoutofbraids-vi.jpg

What is your regimen? I have the laziest regimen there is and so my hair never feels like a chore. Perhaps having a simple regimen can help? I keep leaving my PC while typing this so I don't know if this is redundant question, but if it hasn't been asked and you haven't done so yet, OP can you share your regimen?

Thanks Nonie! I just got a new style idea!

Back