• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters
Hey, newbie here.

Ive been lurking and reading and learning, but im confused on whats the difference between chlorella and CGF(chlorella growth factor) I thought they were one in the same.

Clue me in please, I am lost!

Been using spirulina along with chlorella :) HUGE HIT!!!! I mean, I thought chlorella was great, but dang spirulina is even better! lol

Hi Chlorella fam! I know I haven't updated in a while and I apologize! I had stopped taking chlorella for about 3 weeks (ran out of money) and I will NEVER do that again. I gained a LOT of weight after I stopped taking it. (I think there are other factors that contributed to that but I'm not sure) I felt very drowsy as well. A few weeks ago, I got back on track and started taking my chlorella again and I feel great! I did go through detox again but it was well worth it. I feel good again!

Welcome back Candycane044!:grin:

Hey, newbie here.

Ive been lurking and reading and learning, but im confused on whats the difference between chlorella and CGF(chlorella growth factor) I thought they were one in the same.

Clue me in please, I am lost!

Hey. Chlorella has CGF in it. Sometimes they take it out, so you want to make sure you're getting pure chlorella cracked wall cell yaeyama or a japanese version that contains CGF. CGF is an important part of chlorella but not the whole part. It causes the cells to regenerate faster (thus nail and hair growth and skin firmness, etc), but the chlorella in general also contains amino acids, vits, and minerals so it is all important. HTH!

Thanks LD, one more question what are you girls drinking it with to chase the taste? because i might have to switch to pill form.

I started CHL about 3 months ago. I have more energy and my nails are much stronger BUT I'm trying to figure out a weight thing.

I think I've picked up about 10 lbs or a clothing size in about that same amount of time. I havent really done anything different in that time except taking CHL.

Has anyone expeirenced weight GAIN with CHL?

I started CHL about 3 months ago. I have more energy and my nails are much stronger BUT I'm trying to figure out a weight thing.

I think I've picked up about 10 lbs or a clothing size in about that same amount of time. I havent really done anything different in that time except taking CHL.

Has anyone expeirenced weight GAIN with CHL?

If you're not eating differently, you could lower your dose. Some have reported (few) experiencing this and it's a detox symptom. An article I posted earlier in the thread talks about a guy who says he gained weight with chl until he was told to lower his dose, until his body adjusted (staying there throughout detoxing) before increasing. After that he lost the weight he was looking to lose. So it could be that you increased too fast for your body (even if your too fast is a small amount, you may need to go lower until the detox faze is over). HTH

If you're not eating differently, you could lower your dose. Some have reported (few) experiencing this and it's a detox symptom. An article I posted earlier in the thread talks about a guy who says he gained weight with chl until he was told to lower his dose, until his body adjusted (staying there throughout detoxing) before increasing. After that he lost the weight he was looking to lose. So it could be that you increased too fast for your body (even if your too fast is a small amount, you may need to go lower until the detox faze is over). HTH

I stopped for a week to see if I could see what was going on but I just started back a 1 tsp per day.

I'm also going to up the magnesium to help get things moving. Thats always been a problem but even more so with CHL.

what's the normal length of detox?

I stopped for a week to see if I could see what was going on but I just started back a 1 tsp per day.

I'm also going to up the magnesium to help get things moving. Thats always been a problem but even more so with CHL.

what's the normal length of detox?[/quote]
It varies from person to person. But if you push too fast to move up, you run into problems. If you aren't eating healthy, or you haven't detoxed before, you should consider introducing it slowly and staying there for a while before moving up. Heck you could even introduce it at `1/4 or 1/2 a teaspoon and see how you fair.

If you were constipated, that's in the quick start on post #1 and #2 it basically means you are detoxing too fast anyways so you should reduce the amount you take until you get back to regular. Stay at that amount for a while before slowly increasing.

Peeking in...

I read this entire thread:yawn:, took copious notes, mapped out a routine, and began my journey to being green three weeks ago. I started out with 1/8 of a teaspoon of Jarrow Yaeyama Chlorella Powder. I increased to an eighth in the morning and another at night the second week. I'm at a quarter in the morning and an eighth before bed. I mix it with a small amount of any juice I have on hand. Compared to the nasty swills I've been imbibing, the pond scum grit seems mild to me.

I am taking other things (MSM, 1g daily), but here are my results from the chlorella thus far:

1. My #2 was olive during the first week and now it's emerald green
  2. I had a slight constipation problem during the first four days, but it went away and I still go 15-30 min after I eat
  3. Brightness of colors has increased
  4. I have to shave my legs more often
  5. I am not as tired as I have been
  6. A mild decrease in appetite (I can skip a meal with no problem)

Little pimples are starting to erupt from forehead to décollage, but I will stick it out seeing as I have decades of pollution to rid my body of anyway. I'm off to the Natural Living and Health & Fitness forums.:wavey:

what's the normal length of detox?[/quote]
It varies from person to person. But if you push too fast to move up, you run into problems. If you aren't eating healthy, or you haven't detoxed before, you should consider introducing it slowly and staying there for a while before moving up. Heck you could even introduce it at `1/4 or 1/2 a teaspoon and see how you fair.

If you were constipated, that's in the quick start on post #1 and #2 it basically means you are detoxing too fast anyways so you should reduce the amount you take until you get back to regular. Stay at that amount for a while before slowly increasing.

Well regularity was an issue before CHL. I just noticed early on that when ever I increased slightly I would be regular for a few days (before going back), so just I kept increasing every week. Eventaully I got to more than could be drowned out taste wise.

Hi ladies, I'm a looonnngg time stalker:blush: and I have a question. I've been taking Chlorella since reading how LD have been having great results. So I bought Earthrise Chlorella from VitaminShoppe. I started off like LD said with 3g but I couldn't wait so I upped it to 5 then 7 then 10g:ohwell:. I went green pretty fast and the other side effect that I noticed was being really tired the first week and i think a few pimples. I've been taking it for about 2mos and haven't been real consistant :nono: (being lazy and running out the pills faster because I have to take alot to get the higher grams). So far I noticed that my face is shiniER, my nails are stronger which are making them break faster, and I've been able to keep the 9pds that I've lost(I have 40 more to go), even when I eat not so good and lack the excerise:grin:(my work schedule is killing me)....I'm so happy that I'm a stacker:look: because I know that I would had gained the weight back(my problem is I only eat 1-2 a day:wallbash:)....Oh, I almost forgot the main reason for posting this...I got a relaxer about 4-6wks ago(I got one 1-2x/yr) and my new growth is so darn thick that I can't comb it!!!:cry3:I've never had this problem before and I swear it's because of the Chlorella. is anyone else going through this too? My new growth is soft but as soon as I try to comb it the comb gets stuck:sad::crazy:. My hair is normally managable but now I don't know what to do...it's like a bitter sweet thing. My hair is growing faster and I'm so thankful for that (thank you LD, thank you) but it's too thick. Can someone help me...pleeeaaase:cry3:I don't want to stop taking it but I can't walk around with the comb stuck in my hair:lachen:. My hair is less than an inch from brastrap(depending what bra I have on, it's brastrap) and I want it to grow to MBL..... any help please. My scalp is killing me...:perplexed

Thanks in advance and sorry for being a stalker....just so you know, I won't stop stalking:look:....I love you gals

I can't figure out how to show the pictures of my hair so you can see how much it grew with the Chlorella just from 2mos(Thank u LD)

Last edited:
Hi ladies, I'm a looonnngg time stalker:blush: and I have a question. I've been taking Chlorella since reading how LD have been having great results. So I bought Earthrise Chlorella from VitaminShoppe. I started off like LD said with 3g but I couldn't wait so I upped it to 5 then 7 then 10g:ohwell:. I went green pretty fast and the other side effect that I noticed was being really tired the first week and i think a few pimples. I've been taking it for about 2mos and haven't been real consistant :nono: (being lazy and running out the pills faster because I have to take alot to get the higher grams). So far I noticed that my face is shiniER, my nails are stronger which are making them break faster, and I've been able to keep the 9pds that I've lost(I have 40 more to go), even when I eat not so good and lack the excerise:grin:(my work schedule is killing me)....I'm so happy that I'm a stacker:look: because I know that I would had gained the weight back(my problem is I only eat 1-2 a day:wallbash:)....Oh, I almost forgot the main reason for posting this...I got a relaxer about 4-6wks ago(I got one 1-2x/yr) and my new growth is so darn thick that I can't comb it!!!:cry3:I've never had this problem before and I swear it's because of the Chlorella. is anyone else going through this too? My new growth is soft but as soon as I try to comb it the comb gets stuck:sad::crazy:. My hair is normally managable but now I don't know what to do...it's like a bitter sweet thing. My hair is growing faster and I'm so thankful for that (thank you LD, thank you) but it's too thick. Can someone help me...pleeeaaase:cry3:I don't want to stop taking it but I can't walk around with the comb stuck in my hair:lachen:. My hair is less than an inch from brastrap(depending what bra I have on, it's brastrap) and I want it to grow to MBL..... any help please. My scalp is killing me...:perplexed

Thanks in advance and sorry for being a stalker....just so you know, I won't stop stalking:look:....I love you gals

I can't figure out how to show the pictures of my hair so you can see how much it grew with the Chlorella just from 2mos(Thank u LD)

:grin::grin::lachen: At the bolded. It sounds like a good problem to have. Sorry but I can't help you because I am SO there too! My hair is really soft and I notice the texture is softer and shinier. BUT it IS a forest and my already thick hair is even thicker! People might want to kill us for complaining about this, but it's true. Chlorella really does thicken it up.

Please find out how to post those pics so that we can see them! Can you download them as an attachment. Or if they're on your phone email them and then save those to your computer and download as attachments. I'd love to see!

Sorry I can't help with the other problem though.

A minor update:

This morning I woke up to gummy eyes, so I guess it is my eyes' turn to detox. That may take a while...

WARNING: TMI I had two strange lumps, one on each inner thigh, for over a year. Whenever I pressed on them, pinpricks of pain shot into my right and left shoulder blades, respectively. DH thought they were fat deposits; I think they were scar tissue from some boil or other infection. My doctor wasn't sure what they were and wanted to cut them out. :perplexed During a self-examination, I discovered that one had disappeared and the other is one-tenth its previous size. IDK if it's the chlorella, MSM, or both, but I am very happy to avoid any surgery.

I used to use nettle in my rosemary ACV rinses just before I stopped doing them. After making a cup recently, I remembered why I didn't like nettle--that "herbs gone bad" scent. :barf: Even with sugar, I could still smell its yuckiness. Thanks to LD's suggestion to use honey, I can drink it with no problem now. Thanks for this thread, sweetie!

Hey all just chiming in too. ChinaBlack, Your post made me :lachen: but :yep: too as I have much the same success as yours.

I have been on Chlorella/Spirulina for 2 months. My skin is bare (slang in US too?) soft and clear! No thirty splashes or any real regiment yet ( a whole other thread) My hair has grooown! First month not much, this month 1 whole inch - this is good for me as my hair grows at 1/4" normally and reached 3/4" with ovation.:nono:(stopped that poison now) and my fine thin hair looks now looks a whole let healthier and thicker than a rats tail.

Doing other things too. chlorella, rosemary and aloe vera gel as topical growth aid, also AvoCoco moisutizer with my own addition of Baldwins sulphur powder. No other vitamins but will start adding WheatGerm to my meals like LD.

Gotta go will post some more soon. xx

:grin: I am 7 weeks post and have been taking chlorella and spirulina for over a month now. My nails are growing stronger but like you, they break faster. My newgrowth is pretty thick but soft, no problems with detangling, maybe because of the cowashes I do. Maybe you can try cowashing and that might help.

Ok, LD I hope I did this correctly....sorry for the black shirt(I was extra bloated and refused to show off my rolls:blush:) I was at the hair salon and had to use the bathroom and that's when I noticed something...wait, it can't be...is it...nooo way...already....shut your mouth for real!!!!...get out...aawww dam where's my cell phone....snap! snap!:lachen:....that was me when I noticed that my hair had grown that fast....I wear contacts but you can't tell me that my HUR didn't grow....if it didn't then my mind must be playing tricks on me...the white shirt is from 5/28 (i took that pic to show my frd how well my new hair dryer had worked w/o using the flat iron)...and the black shirt is from last Friday....I never can retained length while my hair is out so I keep a sew in in and I got a relaxer 4/29...my hair never "cuts up" this soon....and I've been able to retain length although my hair is shedding and breaking a little.....I think I may need to wash it more than 1x/wk....I be trying to keep the straight look for as long as poss but that's not working:nono:....so I've been stalking Kami's and Sylver2:smirk: and taking notes....my hair is so weird:wallbash: too much this will weigh it down, too little of that will cause breakage....I just don't know what else to do...Ima buy the pick with fist and stick in the back of my hair...Lord knows that sucker won't budge....:lachen: Thank you ladies for your tips, I'm taking notes and will see what happens.... Oh, and I'm waiting for my Earthrise to come so I bought SN powder just until the ER gets here and man oh man it smells...I don't think I can take it again...Ima try because I've been without for over 2wks:spank:....and I've only gained 1.5 back:grin: so I defin need my "medicine"..... the vitaminshoppe here in Pittsburgh only carries 2 bottles at a time so I had to order it...:perplexed...... I hope you gals can see the pictures....I'm so illiterate when it comes to stuff like this(thanks LD) I have another hair appt next Fri for my bday(turning 31 and still lying saying I'm 26:lachen:) so if I remember I will wear a light color shirt and "use" the bathroom again... thanks again ladies for your help...I was so afraid to post but I said shoot my scalp is hurting I need some help...so "man up" and get to asking.... :armyhat:

Nina

Attachments

• hair.jpg
    hair.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 53
  • hair 2 (Medium).jpg
    hair 2 (Medium).jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 54
  • comp (Medium).JPG
    comp (Medium).JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
I'm still hanging in with Chlorella. My skin looks great and my tummy is smaller. (Yes, I said tummy :lol:) I'm not sure if it's helping with hair growth, I'm back in braids again.

Ok, LD I hope I did this correctly....sorry for the black shirt(I was extra bloated and refused to show off my rolls:blush:) I was at the hair salon and had to use the bathroom and that's when I noticed something...wait, it can't be...is it...nooo way...already....shut your mouth for real!!!!...get out...aawww dam where's my cell phone....snap! snap!:lachen:....that was me when I noticed that my hair had grown that fast....I wear contacts but you can't tell me that my HUR didn't grow....if it didn't then my mind must be playing tricks on me...the white shirt is from 5/28 (i took that pic to show my frd how well my new hair dryer had worked w/o using the flat iron)...and the black shirt is from last Friday....I never can retained length while my hair is out so I keep a sew in in and I got a relaxer 4/29...my hair never "cuts up" this soon....and I've been able to retain length although my hair is shedding and breaking a little.....I think I may need to wash it more than 1x/wk....I be trying to keep the straight look for as long as poss but that's not working:nono:....so I've been stalking Kami's and Sylver2:smirk: and taking notes....my hair is so weird:wallbash: too much this will weigh it down, too little of that will cause breakage....I just don't know what else to do...Ima buy the pick with fist and stick in the back of my hair...Lord knows that sucker won't budge....:lachen: Thank you ladies for your tips, I'm taking notes and will see what happens.... Oh, and I'm waiting for my Earthrise to come so I bought SN powder just until the ER gets here and man oh man it smells...I don't think I can take it again...Ima try because I've been without for over 2wks:spank:....and I've only gained 1.5 back:grin: so I defin need my "medicine"..... the vitaminshoppe here in Pittsburgh only carries 2 bottles at a time so I had to order it...:perplexed...... I hope you gals can see the pictures....I'm so illiterate when it comes to stuff like this(thanks LD) I have another hair appt next Fri for my bday(turning 31 and still lying saying I'm 26:lachen:) so if I remember I will wear a light color shirt and "use" the bathroom again... thanks again ladies for your help...I was so afraid to post but I said shoot my scalp is hurting I need some help...so "man up" and get to asking.... :armyhat:

Nina

Yes indeed! I see it! No other pics necessary unless you really want to take them:grin:. Wow, definite congratulations on the growth despite breakage. I wonder how long it would be once you got that into check.
Go chlorella. That thickness isn't going anywhere girl get used to it. It's one of the prices to pay of using chlorella:look:. At least it's a good problem to have.

I agree, I have the thickest head of hair! Go Chlorella! The growth is excellent as well. I am beyond waistlength now, sorry no pics yet, my reveal is in the Fall. I love being Green!

Last edited:
Hey Ladies...I just started taking Source Naturals Chlorella on Friday. I am starting with 1g a day so far. I don't think I've had any of the detox symptoms yet (too soon?) and I haven't "Gone Green". However I was nervous that i was starting at too high a dose since I hadn't gone at all, but then I remembered I had been out of town for the last week and was all off my game. I am trying to increase my water intake to help with the detox and general health. (I'm not fond of drinking water, it taste funny) I am going to send the one bottle back because I didn't get the right formulation of Chlorella and reorder but will continue wit hthe open bottle.

Couple of questions:
1. Is 1gram a day a good starting amount or should I start a little higher?
2. How long after starting Chlorella should I expect the detox/green to start? I couldn't find it in the quick reference.

Hey Ladies...I just started taking Source Naturals Chlorella on Friday. I am starting with 1g a day so far. I don't think I've had any of the detox symptoms yet (too soon?) and I haven't "Gone Green". However I was nervous that i was starting at too high a dose since I hadn't gone at all, but then I remembered I had been out of town for the last week and was all off my game. I am trying to increase my water intake to help with the detox and general health. (I'm not fond of drinking water, it taste funny) I am going to send the one bottle back because I didn't get the right formulation of Chlorella and reorder but will continue wit hthe open bottle.

Couple of questions:
1. Is 1gram a day a good starting amount or should I start a little higher?
2. How long after starting Chlorella should I expect the detox/green to start? I couldn't find it in the quick reference.

Welcome to the chlorella party
:pulpdance::weird:

To answer your questions...if I may
1. Sure. I'm glad you're starting low so you can see how your body handles it. Stay there until you feel comfortable increasing
2. :spinning: Harder to answer. Everyone is different. You will not go green at 1 gram nor should you jump up just to get green. You'll get there. Just listen to your body.

HTH

Hey ladies hope all is well!!! Hey LD are you still taking the whole foods brand greens blend, or have you totally kicked that to the curb?? TIA!

Welcome to the chlorella party
:pulpdance::weird:

To answer your questions...if I may
1. Sure. I'm glad you're starting low so you can see how your body handles it. Stay there until you feel comfortable increasing
2. :spinning: Harder to answer. Everyone is different. You will not go green at 1 gram nor should you jump up just to get green. You'll get there. Just listen to your body.

HTH

That's exactly what I did, LD. I started at 1g a day for 2 weeks, then upped to 2g for another 2. I'm currently on 3g, have gone green, and am going to stay here for 6 weeks (so 4 more to go), before increasing to 4g. I've had a few constipated moments, but then I remember to increase my water intake--I'm bad about that too--and I'm good to go. I'm so glad I decided to try this!

I have to say though, my boyfriend is so funny. He totally supports everything I do, but he calls my chlorella the "chlorella de poot" because of the initial gas passing stage! :lachen:Anytime he sees me taking it, he makes a little "poot" sound, and it's like our joke. Thought you ladies would appreciate his good sense of humor!:grin:

Well regularity was an issue before CHL. I just noticed early on that when ever I increased slightly I would be regular for a few days (before going back), so just I kept increasing every week. Eventaully I got to more than could be drowned out taste wise.

I'm up to 7 grams a day and I'm kinda constipated, though I am usually anyway. I drink about a liter of water a day and when I lower my dose I seem to loose the green. anybody else having this issue?

Great Thread!

Is anybody taking Probiotics along with Chlorella? I hear that this is very important to take in addition to when you are detoxing.

Also, is anyone taking "Green Vibrance brand"? I was told by The Vitamin Shoppe that this is the best one to take because it has the Probiotics added. No need for additiona pills.

Back