Votes: 18 6.2%
  • Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters
LOL - that's why I said a personal challenge. This thread is my favorite on LHCF and I don't want it's spirit to change. I have no intention of advocating a group challenge or that this thread changes to one. If my post gave that impression then I apologize.

I agree that CHL is not a growth aid. As I stated before, even though I purchased CHL for faster hair growth, I don't care anymore because of the health benefits I achieved. So I will be GREEN for life and I'm trying to recruit as many people as possible to the GREEN side by being a positive example. Since I added CHL and SPL to my diet my philosophy on hair has changed. I always tell people (that ask) our hair along with our nails and skin are a reflection of what's going on inside of our body. We can purchase and use as many topical products as much as we want but if we're not healthy on the inside then our hair will not reach it's full potential. Then I finish with "How about taking Chlorella?" It gets them every time.

Like previous posts, I like the fact that this tread focuses on improving general health and provides positive support to all and potential Greenies. However, this thread is on a hair forum and the question has been asked:

I would like to give an honest personal experience answer to this question and right now I can't. Also, I'm curious. I'm always conducting tests on myself. I know my experience will be different from others but by stopping my MT usage and concentrating on my GREEN health I can give an answer. My answer may be, "the same as before, faster, or slower." Regardless of the result, I will continue to be GREEN.:yep:

Oh great Ivy Santolina. I just didn't want anyone to feel pressured, which is why I posted that. A personal challenge sounds GREAT.

I started taking 1000 mg Chlorella about 3 days ago. I am experiencing fatigue but I am sleeping well.

Anyone experience being tired when first taking Chlorella and how long did at last?

Welcome to the GREEN side Dodie! The fatigue is normal. I experienced fatigue the 1st week to week and a half I started CHL. I could only get through half of my workout sessions before pooping-out. Once my fatigue ended I felt like the Energizer Bunny. I had more energy then I knew what to do with so I cleaned my entire house.

My SO just started on 0.5gms CHL and 1gm SPL this past Sunday(??) and he missed a day of work on Tuesday 'cause he was too tired. He told me he was so tired he had to sit down to pee. Yikes! When he told me that I got scared and thought I gave him too much. But by Wednesday afternoon he was fine. He worked out on Wednesday and he told me that even though he felt weak he was able to do 20lbs more on the Smith Machine for a total of 425lbs. Wow!

I have a serious problem now, I've been on Chlorella for two weeks and have nothing but wonderful effects.
BUT
Yesterday I woke up with an awful stomach ache that lasted the whole day, it's still here today but not as bad. I also couldn't sleep properly, I had two hours of sleep and couldn't knock myself out I was seriously wired. However, my skin glowed and still is glowing at 2pm.

What do I do? This stomach ache feels serious but it's not as bad as yesterday, and I don't want to do serious damage by going on. I've heard of detox but this is just odd...

How's your stomach feeling? Does it still ache? I had a similar problem and it turned out to be stuck gas. I walked around (away from people :lachen:) and it eventually worked itself out. I didn't feel like a lady releasing that bad air but I sure felt a whole lot better.

Another thing I ate a chocolate bar today for the first time in ages, I thought with all this pain I deserve a treat...I've never hated the taste of a chocolate bar before. It felt like a waste of money..

Early on in my GREEN journey, I tried to eat a mini-Snickers bar and got half of it down my throat before I realized it tasted disgusting. I threw the rest away. I love chocolate - I never throw it away.

However, I was surprised when my chocolate cravings came back with a vengeance after recently increasing my Green intake to 12gms. I started detoxing again: extreme thirst, gas and bloating, and itching. Tuesday afternoon I couldn't stop eating Reeses minis and Twix minis. Any other chocolate tasted like mud. Weird! Wednesday afternoon I got chocolate cravings again but not as intense. Besides the detoxing I also think my metabolism cranked up and I wasn't eating enough. The Reeses and Twix had something my body needed the other chocolate didn't have which is why they tasted awful. So I'm taking more digestive enzymes, eating more fruit and veggies, and drinking more water. I don't know what will happen today. Interesting enough though, I don't feel guilty about eating the chocolate. In the past I would have been devastated to think I sabotaged my fitness efforts. Now, I see it as an opportunity to understand my body better.

How's your stomach feeling? Does it still ache? I had a similar problem and it turned out to be stuck gas. I walked around (away from people ) and it eventually worked itself out. I didn't feel like a lady releasing that bad air but I sure felt a whole lot better
Funny you mention that because yesterday I couldn't stop farting, those farts weren't my usual stinkers either they were vile. My stomach was feeling fine yesterday...so I thought to make sure it's okay lets have a big meal..big mistake I vomitted 2 hours later. Now my stomach feels fine. But my appetite is ZERO. I want to eat just to taste but I feel so full...

I can eat cake though, just not chocolate! I'll wait for my chocolate craving to come back it has too..

Hey Ladies,

Does anyone know if the CHL will boost our immune system up enough where we can avoid getting this "Swine Flu"??? I do know that I work in an elementary school and prior to CHL/SPRL I would get sick every couple of weeks but I have not been sick at all in over 2 months now. Hopefully we have a bit of protection...anyone know for sure??

Welcome to the GREEN side Dodie! The fatigue is normal. I experienced fatigue the 1st week to week and a half I started CHL. I could only get through half of my workout sessions before pooping-out. Once my fatigue ended I felt like the Energizer Bunny. I had more energy then I knew what to do with so I cleaned my entire house.

My SO just started on 0.5gms CHL and 1gm SPL this past Sunday(??) and he missed a day of work on Tuesday 'cause he was too tired. He told me he was so tired he had to sit down to pee. Yikes! When he told me that I got scared and thought I gave him too much. But by Wednesday afternoon he was fine. He worked out on Wednesday and he told me that even though he felt weak he was able to do 20lbs more on the Smith Machine for a total of 425lbs. Wow!

Great! I can't wait for the energy to kick in!!! :yep: I"ve only read great things about Chlorella here on this board AND other health boards so I'm sticking w/ it!! Thanks and I'll update you on my progress. I'm taking it for overall health.

So the chlorella and the Egg shake really work! I got a relaxer last week and im touching Waist Length now check my siggy!! when I started this challenge i was mbl:drunk:. My goal is Hip Length im gonna stop doing the shakes.. but continue with chlorella. im going to stay at 5G

starting length

Hello ladies. I am not sure if anyone has asked but I am at work and there are way too many replies to read thru without getting caught on the internet LOL. I purchased the pills on my lunch break and wanted to make sure I have the right ones before I open them. It is Source Naturals but how do I know if I bought the Japanese and not the Chinese? All it says is Emerald Garden Organic Chlorella. TIA!

Hello ladies. I am not sure if anyone has asked but I am at work and there are way too many replies to read thru without getting caught on the internet LOL. I purchased the pills on my lunch break and wanted to make sure I have the right ones before I open them. It is Source Naturals but how do I know if I bought the Japanese and not the Chinese? All it says is Emerald Garden Organic Chlorella. TIA!

It should be yaeyama. I believe SN makes two different kinds. I saw that one too but didn't get it. I don't think that one has chlorella growth factor listed either and the the yaeyama does.

Hey Ladies,

Does anyone know if the CHL will boost our immune system up enough where we can avoid getting this "Swine Flu"??? I do know that I work in an elementary school and prior to CHL/SPRL I would get sick every couple of weeks but I have not been sick at all in over 2 months now. Hopefully we have a bit of protection...anyone know for sure??

I’d like to know too, but I hope so.

I want to stay away from any vaccines/drugs period from now on. Every time I get the flu shot I end up sick the following week. Natural is better-but of course docs/pharmaceutical companies will disagree

I’d like to know too, but I hope so.

I want to stay away from any vaccines/drugs period from now on. Every time I get the flu shot I end up sick the following week. Natural is better-but of course docs/pharmaceutical companies will disagree

I would think so. I can't speak for swine flu but I CAN speak for the flu. It was probably somewhere in the middle of the thread when I reported a cold coming on: Sore throat, mucus, cough. The next day slightly sore throat less mucus , ocassional cough. Third day GONE. I think it makes the immune system work better. I know I was getting a cold because it was one of those hot warm days in NY where I dressed for hot weather only to leave class and it was super cold. I was freezing by the time I got home as it was this icy rain mush coming down (mixture of snow and rain) and my throat was already sore. So I was like OH Boy here we go. When I get sick that's usually a 2 week thing for me (probably becaus I'm auto immune with Graves who knows?) anyways it only last 2 days really.

How's your stomach feeling? Does it still ache? I had a similar problem and it turned out to be stuck gas. I walked around (away from people :lachen:) and it eventually worked itself out. I didn't feel like a lady releasing that bad air but I sure felt a whole lot better.

Early on in my GREEN journey, I tried to eat a mini-Snickers bar and got half of it down my throat before I realized it tasted disgusting. I threw the rest away. I love chocolate - I never throw it away.

However, I was surprised when my chocolate cravings came back with a vengeance after recently increasing my Green intake to 12gms. I started detoxing again: extreme thirst, gas and bloating, and itching. Tuesday afternoon I couldn't stop eating Reeses minis and Twix minis. Any other chocolate tasted like mud. Weird! Wednesday afternoon I got chocolate cravings again but not as intense. Besides the detoxing I also think my metabolism cranked up and I wasn't eating enough. The Reeses and Twix had something my body needed the other chocolate didn't have which is why they tasted awful. So I'm taking more digestive enzymes, eating more fruit and veggies, and drinking more water. I don't know what will happen today. Interesting enough though, I don't feel guilty about eating the chocolate. In the past I would have been devastated to think I sabotaged my fitness efforts. Now, I see it as an opportunity to understand my body better.

That happens. Most times with chlorella I don't crave desserts but occasionally I get huge cravings and I just indulge a little and move on. I don't think there's anything wrong with eating in moderation. I still try to eat organic desserts and chocolate when these cravings come on, but that's that. I still indulge:yep: occasionally.

Well I just purchased my Chlorella yesterday (SN Yaeyama) and I hope to pick it up in Fort Lauderdale when I fly over next weekend. I can't wait to go GREEN :yep:

So I finally got my SNY Powder. I've taken it for two days. I'll start at 3 grams.

Funny question....does anyone just dump the powder in their mouth and chug some drink?, lol. I don't think I can stomach mixing it in drink, I just want to swallow it and get it over with, lol. I took it straight today and it wasn't too bad. I got it all down in two swallows vs. drinking a glass of it. I hope it's ok to do it this way.

So the chlorella and the Egg shake really work! I got a relaxer last week and im touching Waist Length now check my siggy!! when I started this challenge i was mbl:drunk:. My goal is Hip Length im gonna stop doing the shakes.. but continue with chlorella. im going to stay at 5G

starting length
The starting length and the siggy pics look the same. Did you mean to upload a new picture?

By the way, you hair is beautiful! Care to share your regime and the amount of growth that you gained??!:grin:

So I finally got my SNY Powder. I've taken it for two days. I'll start at 3 grams.

Funny question....does anyone just dump the powder in their mouth and chug some drink?, lol. I don't think I can stomach mixing it in drink, I just want to swallow it and get it over with, lol. I took it straight today and it wasn't too bad. I got it all down in two swallows vs. drinking a glass of it. I hope it's ok to do it this way.

I only pour a little liquid in it, just enough to dissolve it. My glass is probably 2-4 ounces for 12 grams or 3 teaspoons. so I think that's it can definitely be taken this way.

This is how I do it! I do it in 1/2 tsp amounts. The key is to not throw it too far back because it is dusty and gets caught in your throat which brings on some serious coughing.

Ok, I finally subscribed just to say "thank you" to you gals! I started CHL on Valentine's Day and have never felt better. I love a good hair growth bandwagon but what really got me interested were the nerve regeneration studies with CHL. Last year I had surgery to fix an abdominal hernia caused from birthing twins. I've had pain in my abs since then. I went to the dr. but he just told me to take ibruprofen:ohwell:. Anyway, a couple a days after starting CHL I was pain-free for the first time! I have to admit that it did come back a few weeks ago (I think I strained myself while lifting weights) but it subsided again after I upped my dosage.

My skin looks great, too and I've noticed some hair growth. I'm waiting for someone to notice my eyelashes 'cuz I swear they are longer. My nails are still wonky, though:sad:.

The only thing that has been a problem is that I can't use it on my face. Last time I broke out with an unsightly rash:nono:.

Much love to my Chlorella Green Grrls!

I only pour a little liquid in it, just enough to dissolve it. My glass is probably 2-4 ounces for 12 grams or 3 teaspoons. so I think that's it can definitely be taken this way.

I've been taking 8 oz for every 3 grams(and I take 9 gms!). Glad to know it dissolves just fine in less water.

Last edited:
Still taking 9 grams a day.:yep: I need to try to find a better deal on the pills because I'm going through them so quickly. The powder isn't an option at the moment because I'm a truck driver and it's easier for me to take the pills.

Hey guys. I've been taking the chlorella and am now using 15g a day (which comes out to 1/8 cup). My mix is 15g chlorella, 2oz aloe juice, 1oz acai berry, 1tbsp glucosomine/condr. by wellese (Sp?)

I then brush my teeth and drink 32oz water. Because of this my water uptake is high and I'm really only eating 2x day whereas before I was eating 3. My nails are crazy strong. Usually when they get this length, they start tearing. I was taking a multi-vitamin but the vitamin made me constipated so I stopped. I will find another "mental clarity" formula wo/the vitamin component.

This is the end of my semester and I've been UNDER the books! I go to bed 2am and get up 5am for my ritual prayers and I may lay down but I'm right back in the books. Usually when I go all out like this I get ridiculous stress acne and but instead my old acne is clearing up.

Can't tell what's going on with the hair right now. I'm not doing length checks (self-imposed penalty) for another month or so, but it has gotten back what was lost from a big trim 3 weeks ago.

Very happy with this. I take Source Naturals Yae.. powder. Thanks for the support girls. Much love to ya.

Last edited:
I've been taking 8 oz for every 3 grams(and I take 9 gms!). Glad to know it dissolves just fine in less water.

I still drink tons of water, though. But when I take chlorella I use a small amount of liquid. Water is necessary but I don't want to be drinking big green glasses of water:nono:. I just get the chlorella over with in a 2-4 ounce glass of half water half green drink and keep it moving. It also helps me to stretch my juice so that I don't have to buy too much. Later I just down tons of water to make sure my system is clearly flushing out the toxins.

Hello to my fellow green ladies,
Here's my chlorella update: I'm taking 3g daily, I have noticed fuller eyelashes.
My cycle was different TMI in advance! I am normally 5 days with the first day being quite heavy with flooding & clots, day 2 & 3 are normal, day 4 & 5 are very light with a couple episodes of heavy clots & flooding. This cycle I had the first 2 days heavy with more clots, but then the rest of my cycle was normal with only one episode of clotting. I kept waiting for the flooding I usually experience at the end by it didn't happen, YEA! My cramps were the same intensity. My cycle also started 2 days early which is rare for me. Sorry if this was TMI ladies, but I just wanted to share my results....

Here's my chlorella update: I'm taking 3g daily, I have noticed fuller eyelashes.
My cycle was different TMI in advance! I am normally 5 days with the first day being quite heavy with flooding & clots, day 2 & 3 are normal, day 4 & 5 are very light with a couple episodes of heavy clots & flooding. This cycle I had the first 2 days heavy with more clots, but then the rest of my cycle was normal with only one episode of clotting. I kept waiting for the flooding I usually experience at the end by it didn't happen, YEA! My cramps were the same intensity. My cycle also started 2 days early which is rare for me. Sorry if this was TMI ladies, but I just wanted to share my results....

Not TMI - women need to discuss these things with each other (and the men out there lurking have one or more sisters, mothers, daughters, wives and girlfiriends).

My Chlorella/Spirulina Cycle was strange.
I came on three days early, It was very heavy the first 2 days. then stopped, I was thinking yay a 2 day pain free cycle then it came back on in the night with a BANG!

It finally stopped yesterday and I am PAIN-FREE.

I'm happy about this because my cycles used to be pain-free but since having my babies I got terrible cramps and PMS...Not no more :yay:
This is why Chl/Spr is for life, I've never felt so better.

I look radiant and my mom keeps dropping "pregnancy" hints.but i surely am not pregnant, my husband and i already have our hands full with two babies.

ohg yeah, my sister that is on chlorella and spirulina woke up with green fingernails:look::ohwell::perplexed:lachen:the tips of her finger nails were green :blush::blush:OMG i could have fainted. I laughed so hard:lachen:The only thing she does not do is consume enough water, so i'm thinking this is the problem? she cut her nails off with a quickness it looked so weird.has this happened to anyone else?

Jesus Christ... er okay where do I start, I've been using a tablespoon to weigh out my Chlorella because I don't have a teaspoon.. apparently I've been taking 6g now that would explain the constant feeling of naseua.

So I'm going to stop Chlorella for two days then buy a teaspoon and start at 3g..I thought it was odd my hair grew 1/2inch in less than two weeks...

This is how I do it! I do it in 1/2 tsp amounts. The key is to not throw it too far back because it is dusty and gets caught in your throat which brings on some serious coughing.

Ok, I finally subscribed just to say "thank you" to you gals! I started CHL on Valentine's Day and have never felt better. I love a good hair growth bandwagon but what really got me interested were the nerve regeneration studies with CHL. Last year I had surgery to fix an abdominal hernia caused from birthing twins. I've had pain in my abs since then. I went to the dr. but he just told me to take ibruprofen:ohwell:. Anyway, a couple a days after starting CHL I was pain-free for the first time! I have to admit that it did come back a few weeks ago (I think I strained myself while lifting weights) but it subsided again after I upped my dosage.

My skin looks great, too and I've noticed some hair growth. I'm waiting for someone to notice my eyelashes 'cuz I swear they are longer. My nails are still wonky, though:sad:.

The only thing that has been a problem is that I can't use it on my face. Last time I broke out with an unsightly rash:nono:.

Much love to my Chlorella Green Grrls!

Awesome, I love the 'real medical turnaround' testimonials. Welcome berryblack!!

Back