• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters
I'm a huge fan of Aubrey Organics HSR
and I just read about this product: Greens/Algae for hair!

I've been planning to add CHL to my DC with HSR. I think I will try it tomorrow. My bonnet died and I still haven't gotten a new one yet :wallbash:
So it may be an overnight DC.

I will mix HSR, shea butter, aloe and CHL.

http://www.aubrey-organics.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=801

Blue Green Algae Hair Rescue Conditioning Mask 4oz
SKU Item: 801

There's no better conditioner for the hair than protein. And there's no better source of vegetable protein than blue green algae, made up of over 50% utilizable protein, all the major amino acids and a long list of vitamins and minerals. We combine it with organic shea butter, organic aloe and other moisture-rich herbals in this ultra-conditioning mask ideal for chemically treated or damaged hair.

FEATURES: BENEFITS:

Organic Blue Green Algae High in protein & amino acids; strengthens hair fiber & tones scalp
Organic Aloe & Shea Butter Restore moisture balance

INGREDIENTS: Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Organic Shea Butter, Organic Aloe Vera, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E), Red Algae Extract, Lavender Water, Organic Blue Green Algae.

Wow - great minds think a like. I was thinking about adding CHL and SPL to my DC mix this Sunday. How much are you thinking about adding? I was thinking 1 tsp of each to 1 cup of condish.

I could not agree with this more!! LD said it, Atlanta said it, and many others have said it! Water is the key because when I wasn't drinking enough water I was very constipated. I wanted to just stress this again for all those who have been constipated just keep drinking more water.

As for my update, I have increased my dosage to about 12g and as such my hair is just getting thicker and thicker. (I will take pictures in May because that's when my update is due) My skin looks great and I can see that my old acne marks will probably all be gone within the next two months. My appetite fluctuates, but I find when I drink more water it is much lower than usual. I haven't started spirulina yet because I ran out of money lol. My SO is so tempted to hop on the chlorella train but he's scared lol. He has noticed the various changes in me and wants to try. Hopefully I can get him to try it soon. I will report back soon ladies!

I noticed that with my appetite too. The more water I drink the less food I desire - I have to make myself eat.

I'm hoping to get my SO on CHL and SPL too. He's still suspiciously watching from the side-lines. At least he's watching though. He has a hard time watching me drink my "pond scum" LOL.

However, I snagged another co-worker on the CHL train. He was just telling me about how he gained a good 20-25 lbs this winter and he wanted to detox before starting a fitness program. Well, I referred him to the ebook and he's sold. He's going to get his wife on it too. How is it I can convince my co-workers but not my SO?

... I started taking 1-2 20-gram tablets a day for about a week. (DO NOT LAUGH AT ME!!! I'm laughing enough for myself!!!) Back in the day, that was no big deal. I juice fasted so frequently that the detoxing was nothing for me and was usually over at the end of the first 24 hours, if I had any at all.

Chile....I near 'bout died last week. :ohwell: I was mildly constipated, but that wasn't the real problem. I overcame constipation with spinach and water. My problem was that I felt like I had the flu, pneumonia, all the colds in the world, a hacking cough, a sinus infection, two fevers, and strep throat all at once. Detoxing is soooo serious. I have read this thread backwards and forwards but I still moved waaaaaaayyyy too fast. I was sick for a week before I realized what the problem was. I mean, really, truly sick.

cj

I know what you mean about detoxing too fast. That Herxheimer effect is no joke. So now that you know 40gms is too much how much are you going to start taking?

Chile....I near 'bout died last week. :ohwell: I was mildly constipated, but that wasn't the real problem. I overcame constipation with spinach and water. My problem was that I felt like I had the flu, pneumonia, all the colds in the world, a hacking cough, a sinus infection, two fevers, and strep throat all at once. Detoxing is soooo serious. I have read this thread backwards and forwards but I still moved waaaaaaayyyy too fast. I was sick for a week before I realized what the problem was. I mean, really, truly sick.

Whoo, you had me laughing! :lachen: Let this be a prime example of "What not to do when starting CHL"!!! I am glad you are feeling better and hanging in there!! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

My husband just looked at me and :nono::nono::nono: and walked out. He worked overtime taking care of me...and then to find out it was self induced....:wallbash: It's funny now but it wasn't funny at all then...

cj

I know what you mean about detoxing too fast. That Herxheimer effect is no joke. So now that you know 40gms is too much how much are you going to start taking?

Is that what it's called? I scoured the thread trying to find a name for it other than "near death." lol I am going to start REALLY low - like 3g and move up slowly from there to see what my body can handle. I do need to do a quick flush and cleanse all the way to the deep tissue layer over a bit of time since it's been so long since I ate the way I know I should eat. I mean...I do well, but not as well as I should. We do mostly fish, turkey, veggies, fruits, no dairy, low wheat, etc...but we do beef sometimes and even chicken.

I have a long way to go again before my body is ready for a high level of green foods of any type.

Sorry for the long answer.

cj

My cycle came Tuesday and started out heavier than normal but it's gone today. I can't believe it. I wonder if Chlorella has anything to do with it. I hope it stays like this every month.:look:

My cycle came Tuesday and started out heavier than normal but it's gone today. I can't believe it. I wonder if Chlorella has anything to do with it. I hope it stays like this every month.:look:

It's funny it seems like the Chlorlla party is getting their cycle around the same time. I got mine two days ago and so did Atlanta JJ (mentioned on the same day) and now you! Are we spending too much time together?:grin:

Anyways I notice mine is like Heavy on the first day and really light on the next couple. Used to be 5 days, now since chlorella it's three. Either way there's no cramping and a quicker cycle is alright by me.

Though I'm a little scared to switch now :arrowup:... my Source Naturals CHL (still tabs not powder) has finally arrived!

I'm putting my Sun tabs on the backburner and starting on the SN today for the extra CGF. I've been on CHL for 2 months now and I want the best possible results when I hit the 4 months mark. Hope I don't re-detox too bad...

My co-workers are telling me how I look refreshed and glowing even though I feel haggard from running all over all the time, its a busy time for me in and out of work right now (getting married in 7 weeks time).

Don't be afraid. You're getting married in 7 wks, your detox should be over by then if you ride it out, eat right (most of the time), and drink water. I had a little rash on my face around week 2 or three and it only lasted for half a week (went as quick as it came). It was by my eye so it wasn't pretty!

Fast forward to now and I'm being stopped in elevators because of my skin. It is so worth it to take this stuff.

I have upped my dosage this week....only thing I have is great skin and green poop. I am loosing weight...but I am also on weight watchers.
Wait....Are you complaining about having great skin, green poop, and loosing weight?:lachen:

It doesn't matter if you're on weight watchers. I eat right, but it helps to almost double my efforts, and that's why chlorella's so great. It only provides the environment for weight loss but you have to do your part too. I think everyone will drop some even if they eat bad (who are overweight) but eventually for continued results, you'll have to start eating better (at least a little) and then chlorella will enhance the results.

As for the skin and going green...that's a good thing.:yep:

LD, I remember you telling me when I hit a plateau to eat sorta "bad" for a few days and then start back again to trick my body into dropping more weight. So far I've been eating "bad" for two days, and I was going to do so today and then stop. Also I haven't exercised in two days and was going to do one more. Should that be enough? Also, do I need to eat bad all day, or is like one meal okay? like for dinner last night I had a large burger, and the night before I had a whole big hoagie and today, I might have some fast food and then go back regular veggies and lean fish and stuff on Saturday... What do you think? Anybody else chime in if they know? Thanks

Don't go crazy! Hopefully you've been eating right previously before your plateau. Hopefully the plateau isn't from eating stuff that isn't healthy.

That being said if you hit a plateau and you've been eating right a couple days of eating bad is okay and then stop. I say bad like lots of pasta or cake or whatever. it doesn't mean each meal has to be ridiculous, just that it has to be th oppostite of norm. I usually do two days and then go back. Or a few days it would be a mix of good and bad, like one meal that's not so great. I don't think three days will hurt, but when you go back to eating right make sure that you don't weigh until the end of the week as it will fluctuate. You're trying to trick your metabolism. I can't say go for the fast food as I still eat organic when I'm being bad. It's just organic burger and fries,and organic pasta and bread or something like that. SO you will have a major chlorella detox to put up with if you went to micky d's. HTH

Congratulations on having thicker & thicker hair. I just made it up to 12gm yesterday. How long have you been @ that dosage before you noticed increased thickness? Do you thick I may suffer a set back because I was out of chlorella for 3 days.

I know this wasn't addressed to me but I feel I can answer this too. I'm at 12 gms, I've had increased thickness (and my hair is already thick so it's a pain and a blessing I have to remind myself). Increased thickness came for me in month two. I think it's something everyone will have, as I remember the comments about it earlier in the thread. (Don't quote me, I THINK everyone will have it. THere are always exceptions to the rule).

I think just get back on the horse (being off for 3 days.). I you've been eating well you should not have a bad time. If you have been eating junk you may have some more detox stuff to deal w/

It's funny it seems like the Chlorlla party is getting their cycle around the same time. I got mine two days ago and so did Atlanta JJ (mentioned on the same day) and now you! Are we spending too much time together?:grin:

Anyways I notice mine is like Heavy on the first day and really light on the next couple. Used to be 5 days, now since chlorella it's three. Either way there's no cramping and a quicker cycle is alright by me.

I got the mirena a year ago. My cycle was almost nonexistent. Now that I am taking chlorella its back. :sad: Its light and no cramps. But my pms was horrible this week. I was moody and eating chocolate like :chocbunny:

Last edited:
Oh my goodness - so ladies I just realized my problem. I was not drinking enough water. Normally, I drink about 8 cups of water a day. But since I started taking chlorella it has been CONSTANT thirst, chapped lips, and dehydration! Thank you ladies I have to drink much much more water...

I noticed that with my appetite too. The more water I drink the less food I desire - I have to make myself eat.

I'm hoping to get my SO on CHL and SPL too. He's still suspiciously watching from the side-lines. At least he's watching though. He has a hard time watching me drink my "pond scum" LOL.

However, I snagged another co-worker on the CHL train. He was just telling me about how he gained a good 20-25 lbs this winter and he wanted to detox before starting a fitness program. Well, I referred him to the ebook and he's sold. He's going to get his wife on it too. How is it I can convince my co-workers but not my SO?

LOL that's what my SO calls it too!! Verbatim! Coworkers just see the glitz and glam from our results but SO see the actual process and I guess they are too turned off by the way it looks LOL. I don't know that's just a guess.

Oh my goodness - so ladies I just realized my problem. I was not drinking enough water. Normally, I drink about 8 cups of water a day. But since I started taking chlorella it has been CONSTANT thirst, chapped lips, and dehydration! Thank you ladies I have to drink much much more water...

I'm so glad you discovered the route of the problem!! Water really does make a tremendous difference!

Congratulations on having thicker & thicker hair. I just made it up to 12gm yesterday. How long have you been @ that dosage before you noticed increased thickness? Do you thick I may suffer a set back because I was out of chlorella for 3 days.

Thank you! I have been taking 12g for at least 1.5 weeks. My hair was always getting thicker since the start of chlorella but since I've upped my dosage it seemed to have a "spurt" in the last week or so.

I'm not sure about suffering a set back? I have never stopped and then continued...you may want to ask other ladies who have taken a break and then started up again. My guess would be to start back up at what you were before and if your body rejects, to decrease the dosage until you can get back to where you were. HTH!

MM,

You are so very knowleageable, I am so glad and proud to be amongst you, you really support every one and keep me feeling positive even when it seems a bit hairy at times. Thank you for your broad knowledge base and even more for sharing it with us and supporting us. God Bless you always!

I am so blessed by this thread too, it's so easy to share. LD introduced us to something so special. GREEN for life!

:lachen:@ the bolded. God Bless You. I want to thank you for starting this thread, LD.

I bought Chlorella last year but didn't get serious about taking it until this thread came along. I got serious about it in order to boost my growth but I'm glad I had the chance to experience a natural detox. My stomach is almost flat, my skin is glowing, and like another posted yesterday, I have a sense of well-being. I feel better physical and mentally. I'm motivated to work out now. Usually after driving 500-700 miles a day, I just want to go to bed. But earlier today, I put on my ankle weights and walked around inside of Walmart then walked a few laps around the truck stop.

Now, I just need to develop an exercise plan...:ohwell:

Hey everyone! I used some CHL in my DC this morning and lost more hair than I did before I found LHCF. Don't know if I'll try that again. I need all my strands. Maybe it was hair that was about to shed anyway. Until today I was only losing a couple strands per day. However, my hair is mad soft. A month ago I went scissor crazy and cut some terribly short bangs I'd since being trying to disguise in weird ways. They are now just below eyebrow level so I'M GROWING. I'm happy about that. :grin:

My mom has stated that at her 7 wk touch up (she doesn't know about stretching ladies) she had cut off two inches of hair and still had an extra inch and a half left (extra growth). She's crediting the chlorella. So she didn't get 2 inches a month but she well over an inch and a half for sure per month! she's lower BSL but she wants to keep it there, and just wants thicker hair as she has had thinning from lupus. So she really doesn't want the whole longer hair thing. She has oxygen and it's an effort just to comb it. Sometimes she says just combing makes her tired as she's so sick.

She can measure hers better than I can because I'm natural and can only estimate w/o flatironing.

Go chlorella. I'm still hoping it will help in the long run with her illness

She hasn't increased her dose and is staying cautiously at 3grams but says she will increase one more gram per month until she gets to a dose that fights illness, as she wants to slowly detox because she's so ill.

HEY I AM A NEWBIE AND JUST WANNA THANK YOU WITH ALL THE INFO YOU HAVE PROVIDED ME FROM ALL THE THREADS U HAVE BEN WRITING BUT I HAV A QUESTION I AM ON SUN CHLORELLA 200MG PER TABLET AND I HAV BEN POOPING ONCE A DAY AND BEN TAKING AT LEAST 10 TABLETS A DAY ...SHOULD I INCREASE MY DOSAGE OR WHAT ? AND I WANTED TO KNO WHEN I SHOULD CHANGE TO THE POWDER IVE BEN TAKING THE TABLETS FOR ABOUT 5 DAYS ?

THANKYOU SOO MUCH

Ladies,
Looks like I will have to take a two week break. Gotta do some test in two weeks on the Adrenal gland :ohwell: so they want me to only take certian things. I didn't metion the CHL or SP, but you know how they look at you funny when you talk about natural things..... I will still be around just not greening. I know........ I can still drink my green machine.... so I will still have some in my system....:grin:

HI GUYS I AM A NEWBIE AND I AM ON SUN TABLETS AND TAKING ABOUT 6-8 TABLETS EVERYDAY AND HAVENT CLEANSED.. IVE NOTICED WHEN I POOP THAT ITS GREEN BUT I NEED TO KNO WHA CLEANSING WILL UR BODY ENDURE WHN TAKING THESE PILLS...OH YES I JUS STARTED TAKING THEM ABUT 5DAYS AGO ...I HAV BEN DRINKING ALOT OF WATER .. SO I HAVE BEN NOTICING THAT I HAV TO PEEPEE MORE OFTEN.. PLEASE GIV E ADVICE YALLL...T HANX FOR EVERYTHING ..

HI GUYS I AM A NEWBIE AND I AM ON SUN TABLETS AND TAKING ABOUT 6-8 TABLETS EVERYDAY AND HAVENT CLEANSED.. IVE NOTICED WHEN I POOP THAT ITS GREEN BUT I NEED TO KNO WHA CLEANSING WILL UR BODY ENDURE WHN TAKING THESE PILLS...OH YES I JUS STARTED TAKING THEM ABUT 5DAYS AGO ...I HAV BEN DRINKING ALOT OF WATER .. SO I HAVE BEN NOTICING THAT I HAV TO PEEPEE MORE OFTEN.. PLEASE GIV E ADVICE YALLL...T HANX FOR EVERYTHING ..

Welcome,
Make sure you are drinking lots of water...... Don't worry the De-Tox will come... It happens to everyone differently.:yep:

Welcome,
Make sure you are drinking lots of water...... Don't worry the De-Tox will come... It happens to everyone differently.:yep:

DO YOU THINK SUN CHLORELLA ARE FOR THE BEST RESULTS? AND THANKYOU HEALTHY HAIR 07 FOR THE ADVICE..IM GLAD TO HAVE PEOPLE SUBMIT THEIR HELPFUL OPINIONS

:lachen:@ the bolded. God Bless You. I want to thank you for starting this thread, LD.

I bought Chlorella last year but didn't get serious about taking it until this thread came along. I got serious about it in order to boost my growth but I'm glad I had the chance to experience a natural detox. My stomach is almost flat, my skin is glowing, and like another posted yesterday, I have a sense of well-being. I feel better physical and mentally. I'm motivated to work out now. Usually after driving 500-700 miles a day, I just want to go to bed. But earlier today, I put on my ankle weights and walked around inside of Walmart then walked a few laps around the truck stop.

Now, I just need to develop an exercise plan...:ohwell:
Thanks! I'm glad you like chlorella too. Looks like you're getting tons of benefits from taking it.

As for exercise, you're doing what you can. Sounds like the ankle weights are a good start.:yep:

HEY I AM A NEWBIE AND JUST WANNA THANK YOU WITH ALL THE INFO YOU HAVE PROVIDED ME FROM ALL THE THREADS U HAVE BEN WRITING BUT I HAV A QUESTION I AM ON SUN CHLORELLA 200MG PER TABLET AND I HAV BEN POOPING ONCE A DAY AND BEN TAKING AT LEAST 10 TABLETS A DAY ...SHOULD I INCREASE MY DOSAGE OR WHAT ? AND I WANTED TO KNO WHEN I SHOULD CHANGE TO THE POWDER IVE BEN TAKING THE TABLETS FOR ABOUT 5 DAYS ?

THANKYOU SOO MUCH

There's really not a difference between the tablets and the powder, but some do say the powder is more concentrated. Since they both do not have fillers they get the job done the same way. You can change to the powder when you start taking too much to the point that you don't want to pop that many pills, or you just want to save some money. As for your dosage...you've only been only it for five days. If you aren't feeling too many detox effects, go ahead and increase it to 15 and see how that goes. That will put you at 3 grams. If you're still feeling up to it with out constipation or anything after 3-5 more days you can up it again. I'd say 5 as it will keep with what you're doing now. Just keep increasing it that way until you get to where you want to go.

Welcome btw Maheir!:grin:

Just wanted to ask, are the benefits of chorella all due to it's chlorophyll content, or does it have other constituents that are beneficial?

I.e. I'm wondering if I could just take the chlorophyll drops because I'm not sure how I would incorporate a stinky powder into my diet.

Back