Votes: 18 6.2%
  • Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters
Hi everyone I am another newbie thats been lurking around and peeking, I was reading up about a month ago on this ran out and got me some SN brand and did good for about 3wks and then got really sick. I started vomiting and really feeling sick to my stomach, that really scared me and I backed off, I was taking about 6g I think because I was trying to increase slowly. Could it be I am allergic to it? This is my first post so I feel a lil weird asking questions but reading about all this progress with you all I just had to say something.

I'm so glad you posted this, because I've been so sick today. Mostly feeling really nauseous and lethargic :perplexed:nono:. The only thing that's changed is I took the chlorella with nothing but water. Normally it's mixed with juice and spirullina. I think I'll skip my dose for today because I have a test in the morning. I'll start again tomorrow, making sure it's mixed...:yep:

Hi ladies! I've been lurking in this thread, trying to learn as much as I can before I jumped in. I purchased the VitaminShoppe brand Super Chlorella pills. They are 1000mg each. The first day, I took one and experienced immediate bloating and gas. The second day, I cut a pill in half and have only been taking a half dose since Saturday. All is well except I've been experiencing some menstrual spotting (or what looks like menstrual spotting). Has anyone else experienced this?

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

I'd like to chime in and say that I'm an undercover Chlorella bandwagon member. I've been taking this product for about six days and I can honestly say that my face is absolutely glowing! I can also report that I feel some activity on my scalp!!! I'm planning on completing my vitamins because I don't want them to go to waste but once I'm done with them, Chlorella will be the only supplement that I'll consume.

A million and one thanks to the lovely ladies that introduced this supplement to the board, you and the supplement is indeed a Godsend! I'm telling everyone about this!!!!

Last edited:
Wow, I don't know what's going today but I got sick from my chlorella today as well. I mean really sick, I've had 3 violent vomiting spells since 11:00 am. I guess I'll just try cutting my dose back down to 3 grams or lower. If I still continue to get sick I guess I will just have to stop taking it. :sad::nono:

Wow, I don't know what's going today but I got sick from my chlorella today as well. I mean really sick, I've had 3 violent vomiting spells since 11:00 am. I guess I'll just try cutting my dose back down to 3 grams or lower. If I still continue to get sick I guess I will just have to stop taking it. :sad::nono:

I'm terribly sorry to hear this. How many grams were you taking when you experienced this? And do you believe it may have been something you ate that didn't mesh well with the chlorella? Nonetheless I hope you feel better!

I've only been taking CHL for a week now, but as a side note 2 of my kids and DH got a stomach bug. Things came out both ways for a few days.

Me and the oldest child (both on CHL) never got it. So just keep in mind it may or may not be related to CHL

I'm terribly sorry to hear this. How many grams were you taking when you experienced this? And do you believe it may have been something you ate that didn't mesh well with the chlorella? Nonetheless I hope you feel better!

Hi, I was taking 3 teaspoons of source naturals powder. Which is supposed to be 9 grams. I usually mix it with orange juice but today I mixed it with apple juice and as soon as it hit my stomach I felt this awfull wave of nausea for a few seconds then it went away so I thought I would be ok. So about 30 minutes later I went for my morning walk and when I came back to desk I was so sick I barely made it to the rest room in time. I feel a lot better though now. Thanks.

Hi, I was taking 3 teaspoons of source naturals powder. Which is supposed to be 9 grams. I usually mix it with orange juice but today I mixed it with apple juice and as soon as it hit my stomach I felt this awfull wave of nausea for a few seconds then it went away so I thought I would be ok. So about 30 minutes later I went for my morning walk and when I came back to desk I was so sick I barely made it to the rest room in time. I feel a lot better though now. Thanks.

That's awful! I'm glad you're feeling better. It seems like switching juices is such a minor thing, but I guess not.

Hi ladies, a quick update. I have been taking CHL & Spirulina for about 8 weeks now. I am still at 8-9 g of CHL and only 5-6 g of Spirulina. Although I still have not noticed any weight loss (I am going to throw my scale in the garbage!!!!), my SO noticed that I look firmer and toned. Yay!!! I finally realized that my skin has cleared up, I look like I have been sunbathing. My skin, face & body look even and bronzed.
I haven't noticed any hair growth, but I hope that is because I see my hair length everyday. Maybe by the end of the month I can suprise myself. My cycle ended again this month on the fourth day. It usually lasts 5-6 days and was over on the third and I was cautious for the fourth day. I didn't have any cramping or mood swings either. (I know my SO was happy)

Totally of topic, Alexstin, I think you have really nice arms and back definition, your avatar is what I am aiming for.

Hi ladies! I've been lurking in this thread, trying to learn as much as I can before I jumped in. I purchased the VitaminShoppe brand Super Chlorella pills. They are 1000mg each. The first day, I took one and experienced immediate bloating and gas. The second day, I cut a pill in half and have only been taking a half dose since Saturday. All is well except I've been experiencing some menstrual spotting (or what looks like menstrual spotting). Has anyone else experienced this?

Detox. You did right to cut the pill in half, if it made you uncomfortable. The menstrual symptoms are normal and will pass, it's just the body getting re-adjusted, as this is a bloodbuilding food.

Welcome aboard!

Hi Ladies,

I'm sad to say that I have to take a hiatus from chlorella right now. My hair is doing something totally different and I need to go through the process of elimination. I am so sad!!

I try so hard with my hair and another setback. I stopped a few other things as well. So, we'll see.

Oh, I think my cycle is finally appearing. I had to go searching for it and I see some "happenings."

Wishing you ladies all the best chlorella has to offer. I'll post again sometime in June or July.

Sorry to hear it has made you sick. Have you done anything different? You say back down to 3g, what were you up to? Backing down the dose will help, even if you go lower than 3g, increase very slowly, allow your body to tell you when. Drink more water.

Detox. You did right to cut the pill in half, if it made you uncomfortable. The menstrual symptoms are normal and will pass, it's just the body getting re-adjusted, as this is a bloodbuilding food.

Welcome aboard!

Thank you for answering. I started detoxing immediately which I didn't expect. I tried to find info on menstrual spotting and supplementation but there was NOTHING. I feel better already and have noticed that the spotting is decreasing a little each day. Thanks again!

Your dose needs to be less than one gram. If you can go back to mg like 350 mg. Or if you have the teaspoon you need like 1/8 to 1/16th The SMALLEST AMOUNT. You need to take my advice from earlier. You need lots of water and you need either take it with food if you're not, or without food if you are already.

In addition make sure you're chlorella is yaeyama or japanese and not chinese.

If these things don't work you'll have to discontinue.

In addition you will stay at this amount for a couple of weeks before slowly increasing as you happen to be super sensitive to chlorella. It may take you 3 months to get to the grams you want or more, but at least you'll get there.

If this doesn't work please discontinue. HTH
Feel free to pm me w/ questions as this technique has worked for many others.

Your dose needs to be less than one gram. If you can go back to mg like 350 mg. Or if you have the teaspoon you need like 1/8 to 1/16th The SMALLEST AMOUNT. You need to take my advice from earlier. You need lots of water and you need either take it with food if you're not, or without food if you are already.

In addition make sure you're chlorella is yaeyama or japanese and not chinese.

If these things don't work you'll have to discontinue.

In addition you will stay at this amount for a couple of weeks before slowly increasing as you happen to be super sensitive to chlorella. It may take you 3 months to get to the grams you want or more, but at least you'll get there.

If this doesn't work please discontinue. HTH
Feel free to pm me w/ questions as this technique has worked for many others.

Thank you so much. I was up to 9 grams but I do happen to have the tiny measuring spoons so I'll use those. I also wasn't taking it with food, I'll do that too. I'll update on what happens. Thanks again to everyone else as well.

Hey there, IndianAngel! Just wanted to point out that 1 tablespoon equals 3 teaspoons equals, approximately, 9 grams of chlorella. Just wanted to point that out so you didn't inadvertently take more than you'd intended.

I think I meant teaspoon? I can't remember. Whichever one equals 3g

Hi ladies, a quick update. I have been taking CHL & Spirulina for about 8 weeks now. I am still at 8-9 g of CHL and only 5-6 g of Spirulina. Although I still have not noticed any weight loss (I am going to throw my scale in the garbage!!!!), my SO noticed that I look firmer and toned. Yay!!! I finally realized that my skin has cleared up, I look like I have been sunbathing. My skin, face & body look even and bronzed.
I haven't noticed any hair growth, but I hope that is because I see my hair length everyday. Maybe by the end of the month I can suprise myself. My cycle ended again this month on the fourth day. It usually lasts 5-6 days and was over on the third and I was cautious for the fourth day. I didn't have any cramping or mood swings either. (I know my SO was happy)

Totally of topic, Alexstin, I think you have really nice arms and back definition, your avatar is what I am aiming for.

Thank you! I'm aiming for that too, been eating too much.:look: :lachen:Getting ready for summer! :yep: DH asks, "you really see a difference between then and now" and I'm like "Uh, yeah."

Thank you for your reply and I will try maybe in a couple of days because that was a terrible feeling I haven't been sick like that in years,but it was weird because it was ok for about 3wks or more. I will try it I wanna be careful not to hurt me trying to cure this skin of mine lol.

Hi Chlorella Users,
I'm down to 2 slow bowel movements per day from 4! LOL. Could I be approaching constipation or am I almost thoroughly cleansed out? I am approaching day 11.

My cycle started, however it is extremely light. It used to be very heavy, due to my usage of iud. Is this typical? I've only been on 1 gm of chl for 1 week, this is week two and i'm up to 2 gms. I haven't read everything, but was curious to know if anyone else experienced this.

~not that i'm complaining

My cycle started, however it is extremely light. It used to be very heavy, due to my usage of iud. Is this typical? I've only been on 1 gm of chl for 1 week, this is week two and i'm up to 2 gms. I haven't read everything, but was curious to know if anyone else experienced this.

~not that i'm complaining
I experienced less cramping and lighter on day 2 and on (w/ a shorter cycle of about 3-4 days instead of 5-6). Day one though is heavy! But it still doesn't hurt, w/ day 2 and three being really light. Usually lasting 3 days sometimes 4. So my cycle has changed since taking chlorella. I think everybody's different and have heard different responses to their cycles. Good for you! Lighter period is certainly a good thing.:yep:

Hi Chlorella Users,
I'm down to 2 slow bowel movements per day from 4! LOL. Could I be approaching constipation or am I almost thoroughly cleansed out? I am approaching day 11.

I think it's starting to rebalance. If you approach constipation cut back your dosage until you get over it. Although, I don't think that's the case. 2 bms a day is NOT a bad thing. 4 was excessive so it was probably really cleaning you out!:grin:

Thanks LuckiestD for the speedy response. I cramped heavily last week, premenstrual, but i've been okay since....i'll take chl for lighter periods alone, doggone it!

I think it's starting to rebalance. If you approach constipation cut back your dosage until you get over it. Although, I don't think that's the case. 2 bms a day is NOT a bad thing. 4 was excessive so it was probably really cleaning you out!:grin:
Thanks for the feedback! I may have been severly clogged!

I experienced less cramping and lighter on day 2 and on (w/ a shorter cycle of about 3-4 days instead of 5-6). Day one though is heavy! But it still doesn't hurt, w/ day 2 and three being really light. Usually lasting 3 days sometimes 4. So my cycle has changed since taking chlorella. I think everybody's different and have heard different responses to their cycles. Good for you! Lighter period is certainly a good thing.:yep:

Mine actually came a week early and it is substantially lighter - I am going on my 3rd week of Chlorella - no cramping or mood swings - lovely....

Thank you so much. I was up to 9 grams but I do happen to have the tiny measuring spoons so I'll use those. I also wasn't taking it with food, I'll do that too. I'll update on what happens. Thanks again to everyone else as well.

Don't hesitate to pm me! I want to make sure you're okay. Especially when you're about to increase so we can determine together how fast or slow you can go. I'm not a doc, but have done much research and have worked with a few others who have had the same problem and helped them too so if I can help I'll be glad to.

Started making my shakes yesterday with Soy Milk with Vanilla. I was shocked it tasted so good. It actually tasted better than the skim milk. I am using 6 oz of Soy milk, 1 scoop of vanilla protein mix, two kinds of frozen fruit and 3g of ChL.
I am drinking one shake a day as a meal replacement. Things are going pretty good.
Cheers Ladies.

Back