Houston Ladies how is your dating life?

I am about to be divorced, have lived here in Houston for 5 years. I am already meeting new men, and it seems to be mostly white guys. Which is fine, I've been in an interracial relastionship before. But here in Htown they seem to really be into dating cross-culturally.

There are a lot of cute men here! I will make the time to to date. I'm looking for someone fun to hang out with for now, someone fun and respectful. I like to eat and hopefully I will find someone to take me to all the different places around the city.

I've been here 8 months and I've had a much easier time meeting men here. One thing I've realized, men are more willing ot be in relationships out here. In fact, I'm the one who's telling them no thanks lol

Its so interesting hearing people talk about Houston men. I've lived here all my life and outside of high school, the only (and I do mean only) native Houstonian I have ever dated was my ex-husband..Everyone else who has approached me in my 20+ years of adulthood has been from elsewhere, alot of Chicago, Los Angeles, Philly types.

Its so interesting hearing people talk about Houston men. I've lived here all my life and outside of high school, the only (and I do mean only) native Houstonian I have ever dated was my ex-husband..Everyone else who has approached me in my 20+ years of adulthood has been from elsewhere, alot of Chicago, Los Angeles, Philly types.

sunnydaze
Well, no one has really specified that they were meeting "native", Houstonian men. So for all we know, those men are from elsewhere... On that note, is it really raining men like eveyone seems to claim? :lol:

^^^

Good point. Houston has alot of transplants since we have a pretty healthy economic climate here. The men I meet tend to relocate here for work.

I don't know about raining men, but I think its more balance here. If I had to guess, I would say there are maybe 1.5 single women to 1 single man vs the 2 to 1 or 3 to 1 stats I keep hearing about in other cities.

sunnydaze While we're on the Houston note..... can you recommend areas to live or avoid? I will be renting.

If you want to be in the mix, try midtown, galleria, river oaks, montrose. Don't live far out like Pearland, Sugarland, Clear Lake, Katy or North Houston. You won't feel like battling traffic just to go to happy hour. Trust me.

That said, I've met a lot of men in midtown. Between brunches and going out on the weekends I've never had a problem meeting men. Also, almost none of them are native Houstonians. They're all from somewhere else but have lived in Houston for a while. A few were homeowners, all had great jobs (engineers, lawyers, management).

Phoenix14 and anyone else who cares to respond...

"X"s are where I've been told I should avoid.
B C D E are Midtown, Montrose, River Oaks, and Galeria (respectively).

So the best area to live would be the area just west of downtown, between Southwest Freeway and I-10 ???

HoustonCombo_zpsbb855334.jpg

Incognitus you can also look in the downtown/midtown area. Honestly I've never spent much time on the East section of the city. Do you know where you'll be working? I'd rather live close to work than the night life because traffic can be beastly here.

Phoenix14 I'll be going to school at UH and working.....who knows if or where, lol. The rent seems more expensive the closer I live to the core of Houston. I've seen (online) less expensive apts a little outward, like outside of that inner circle on the map. Everyone's been scaring me so much about all the traffic that I'm afraid to venture further out.

Phoenix14 I'll be going to school at UH and working.....who knows if or where, lol. The rent seems more expensive the closer I live to the core of Houston. I've seen (online) less expensive apts a little outward, like outside of that inner circle on the map. Everyone's been scaring me so much about all the traffic that I'm afraid to venture further out.

PM Me and we can discuss this further. I don't wanto hijack the thread

I live in the Bellaire/West U area. I can give you info on what apt rentals are decent depending on what you are looking for. Let me know. I work near UH and it takes me 15-20 mins to get to work.

So....I Just read my old post. I definitely moved outside the loop, started working more, stopped going to the club and started focusing more on God and my options dried up/changed drastically. Since I no longer club, I'm not meeting several men every weekend. That's fine all the ones I met in the club, few wanted anything serious. They were at the club every other weekend still. I am now looking for a Christian man who's not going to be trying to sleep with me etc. I don't go to happy hour anymore because I get off of work too late to get there in time.

What I will say is that there is an interesting Christian young adult community here. More dynamic than other cities I've lived in. Always lots of events going on. I think which church you attend has a lot to do with who you meet as well.

So....I Just read my old post. I definitely moved outside the loop, started working more, stopped going to the club and started focusing more on God and my options dried up/changed drastically. Since I no longer club, I'm not meeting several men every weekend. That's fine all the ones I met in the club, few wanted anything serious. They were at the club every other weekend still. I am now looking for a Christian man who's not going to be trying to sleep with me etc. I don't go to happy hour anymore because I get off of work too late to get there in time.

What I will say is that there is an interesting Christian young adult community here. More dynamic than other cities I've lived in. Always lots of events going on. I think which church you attend has a lot to do with who you meet as well.

Phoenix14 I'm looking for a home church with a vibrant young adult community. What would you recommend?

Phoenix14 I'm looking for a home church with a vibrant young adult community. What would you recommend?

Sad to say my home church is not one of them. But Fountain of Praise, Wheeler and Grace all have big youth communities. There are also other events outside of the church like Christian open mics and art shows. The Writers Block is every first Friday and I'd say the group is usually over 100 people.

Back