Spinoff - Is Dating a Priority For You?

Dating has always been a priority for me. In my 20's I dated a lot because I wanted to have fun and figure what I wanted and didn't want in a man/relationship.

In my 30's once I figured all of that out and decided that I wanted to be married, dating was still a priority but I was dating with purpose then. It has worked out very well for me.:yep:

MizAvalon. Do share? What did you figure out and what techniques aided you in snagging that one?

TIA! ;-)

PretteePlease. What do you mean if you screw him.. Your limiting your potential?

I totally agree with F and G!! Many women I have across has told me to get over a guy you need another one and actually practices that myth. So then they become clingy, needy and bring their baggage into the next relationship or rebound and then want to analyze and moan as to why they are still single and left with super elastic rubberband like vajayjay!

Men succeed with that philosophy but not the majority of Women!!

I also believe at this point in my life I am working on being more expressive and showing interest to men who are appealing to me instead of playing hard to get!

Sometimes letting them into the box puts you in a box like vuck buddy :look: Sometimes it is about a connection if you feel it go with it but just know that if you do it too soon and that is all you have that might be all you get. I'm not the one to give sex advice cause I'm like a camel. I store water for times when I'm in the desert and I mostly don't get thirsty if you catch the drift. But I've heard my peak might be on the horizons and I may lose the hump and get to humping :rofl: :cycle:

I'm not the one to give sex advice cause I'm like a camel. I store water for times when I'm in the desert and I mostly don't get thirsty if you catch the drift. But I've heard my peak might be on the horizons and I may lose the hump and get to humping :rofl: :cycle:

PretteePlease Girl, what the hayell are you trying to say??!?!?!

What are you storing?

No offense, but I don't get it.

Is dating a priority for you?
Not since turning 26. It was when I was 24-25.

Do you have time to date?
I came to the conclusion that I may not have time to date even though I only work 25h/week, but due to the fact that I have crazy hours, it may not be possible. I'm also going back to school full time in september.

What are you looking for?
A kind, caring and loving black man. Someone who wants something serious and has good intentions with me. Someone who is spiritual, family oriented and likes to have fun.

Where are you going to find it?
If I don't find it where I currently reside then I'm willing to look elsewhere (e.g. the US).

Have you put the word out on the street that you are single and ready to mingle?
No I haven't because a) I want to look for myself and b) since turning 26 I've decided to focus more on school.

What wisdom have you picked up in the dating game?
To be less naive and gullible and take men at face value. To not see things that aren't there just because you want them to be there. And to enjoy the process instead of planning your whole life together on the first date lol.

OPTIONAL: Where are you located? What is the singles scene like in your area generally?
I'm located in Ghent (Belgium). Most white women I know are booed up, even married at my age so there are few single white ladies. But plenty of single black women, esp. in other cities with lots of blacks. There are also plenty of single black men in those other cities but few of them are looking for something serious.

@MizAvalon. Do share? What did you figure out and what techniques aided you in snagging that one?

TIA! ;-)

@sweetvi, I just figured out what kind of man I wanted. In my 20's, I also had no clue how to be in an adult relationship, how to do things like fight fair and compromise. How to balance having a relationship with my man while still maintaining my other relationships with family and friends. Once I figured all of that out through lots of trial and error, I was single for a while but finally ready to receive what the right man had to offer when he finally came along.

Once I got to be in my 30's and started dating with purpose, I wasted no time playing games with men who weren't marriage minded. I didn't invest 4-6 months in a guy, if I didn't like what I saw by a second or third date then I moved on. I was inspired by a friend who met, became engaged, and married her guy in an 18 month span because she dated with purpose and didn't allow men to waste her time.

I believe I have finally found my guy.:grin:

Last edited:
@sweetvi, I just figured out what kind of man I wanted. In my 20's, I also had no clue how to be in an adult relationship, how to do things like fight fair and compromise. How to balance having a relationship with my man while still maintaining my other relationships with family and friends. Once I figured all of that out through lots of trial and error, I was single for a while but finally ready to receive what the right man had to offer when he finally came along.

Once I got to be in my 30's and started dating with purpose, I wasted no time playing games with men who weren't marriage minded. I didn't invest 4-6 months in a guy, if I didn't like what I saw by a second or third date then I moved on. I was inspired by a friend who met, became engaged, and married her guy in an 18 month span because she dated with purpose and didn't allow men to waste her time.

I believe I have finally found my guy.:grin:

This is a great post. MizAvalon

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

Back