HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends Sealing&Scalp Oiling 9/1 - 12/31 2011

well, it's just argan oil...sorry for the confuzzlation! lol

does argan butter exist? hmmm

the butters are the red palm & tucuma.

although the red palm is labeled "oil/butter" because i guess it both thickens/solidifies and melts easily.

youwillrise

I like the Red Palm & Tucuma Butters.:grin: I'm sure you will enjoy these.

Argan Butta' sounds good. I just bought a Whipped Shea Butter w/Argan Oil.

Right now I'm using nourish oil exclusively. I'll switch up this wash day and use something different for variation.

Got my hair braided to go under my wig. So tonight I applied Ovation and emu oil to the parts. Then applied JBCO to my front hairline and the hair left out of the braids.

I am looking forward to taking these twists out so I can give myself a good scalp massage. :yep: I know it needs some extra loving. So hopefully Sunday.

mahanarayan/castor/olive oil rinse
final rinse with diluted acv
kesavardhini/mustard oil and eco custard on edges and ends
braid to dry

choctaw, you use some thick oils, do you poo, cowash or both and with what?

Ltown,

I use shampoo to wash out oils, then follow with conditioner. The current shampoo is Giovanni Smooth as Silk and current conditioner is Joico Body Luxe. I swim a lot and the oil/shampoo/conditioner wash works well for me.

so i let my dc marinate in my head for about 2 hours and just now, i slapped some red palm butter/oil on top of it...i'll rinse in a little bit. this is definitely the kind of oil i'll use as an oil rinse type deal because of how stain-y it is. i was watching a video the other day with this lady talking about how soft her hair was after using it as an oil rinse (she said per camden grey's suggestion).

hope i like it!

youwillrise

I had some too, and it was suggested to use as a Pre-Poo. So, I'd apply, let sit a while and then Co-Wash (as I use very little 'Poo).

I was very pleased with the Red Palm Butter.

mahanarayan, castor, olive & sunflower oil
Giovanni SAS shampoo
Joico Body Luxe conditioner
diluted acv rinse
kesavardhini/mustard oil to seal, braid to dry

Mixed a henna paste: Reshma henna, amla, avocado oil, catnip fenugreek tea and blackstrap molasses. Will apply after dye release.

I've still been scalping and sealing with:
Jamaican Strong Roots Pimento Oil
Bhringraj oil

Still loving it! Time to go buy some more ayurvedic products!

Lita

I found a new Vendor on Esty. Hairitage Hydrations. They have a similar product to Mixed Greens, it's called "Sprout". It's excellent.:lick:

She also has a Creamy Horsetail Butter, Blackberry & Sage, Avocado Clouds, Mango-Tango Clouds a Peach Pomade and now Creamy Jojoba Oil.

They're very good. Not that I'm a Pusha' or anything , but check those out.:yep:

Also Saravun (also one Esty) has a nice Broccoli Seed Hair Cream, a Castor Oil Hair Cream and a Olive Hair Cream. Very Whippy & nice.:grin:

Lita

I found a new Vendor on Esty. Hairitage Hydrations. They have a similar product to Mixed Greens, it's called "Sprout". It's excellent.:lick:

She also has a Creamy Horsetail Butter, Blackberry & Sage, Avocado Clouds, Mango-Tango Clouds a Peach Pomade and now Creamy Jojoba Oil.

They're very good. Not that I'm a Pusha' or anything , but check those out.:yep:

Also Saravun (also one Esty) has a nice Broccoli Seed Hair Cream, a Castor Oil Hair Cream and a Olive Hair Cream. Very Whippy & nice.:grin:

IDareT'sHair Thanks for the info...I must try the broccoli seed hair cream..

* I have great success with broccoli oil as a pre poo/hot treatment mixed with jbco...So I know I'll love the broccoli seed cream...

Off to look..

*No Your Not A Pusha...lol

Happy Hair Growing!

Back