HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends/Scalp Sealing Challenge 5/1/11- 8/31/11

Cowashing my hair WITHOUT oil makes my hair feel like CRAP, (no matter how long I DC or how moisturizing my conditioner is)! Just thought I'd throw that in.

HOT newbie question:

I want to do my monthly baking soda wash which I usually follow with a DC then acv rinse. Should I
1. Do a HOT overnight before the baking soda wash

or

2. Do the baking soda wash follow with an overnight HOT

Cowashing my hair WITHOUT oil makes my hair feel like CRAP, (no matter how long I DC or how moisturizing my conditioner is)! Just thought I'd throw that in.

Do you mix oil with your conditioner or oil rinse before/after conditoning?

Spritzed with Enso Coconut Lemongrass Spray, Moisturized with Enso Moisture Milk and sealed with Enso Softening Serum. :grin:

tiffers Lemme go read up on the other one. :look:

I know I had Flaxseed Oil that I loved (before I ran out and never replaced) It's rich in Omega 3,6,9 so that's why I selected that one along with some of the other ingredients.:yep:

I hate that when they launch the new stuff, I think the discount will only be on those items, I want it to be on Errthang.:lol:

I used SSI Marshmallow Creme and sealed with HTN Oil.

When I washed, I added my stanky oil mix to my prepoo - hempseed, garlic, amla, jbco.

Did a hot today and finally used the last of my CDs Lisas hair elixir. So will probably switch up to prepoos and sit under my heat cap. Did my oil rinse by dipping my hair in the sink. Like this way. I get plenty of oil and water on my scalp which i need. My hairs in extensions and much easier than spraying something on.

Last night did an oil pre-poo with Vatika oil. That is the ish! :lol:

Sealed hair this morning with jojoba oil and some Jane Carter Hair Nourishing serum, which has essential oils.

@faithVA Quiet as its kept...I was glad to get rid of mine too.:ohwell:

I found it 'lurking' as a Fluke.:look: I thought it was done. :blush:

That was one reason last Winter I started the HOTs Thread.:lol:

a friend asked me if it is possible to do : conditioner -> oil rinse -> conditioner ?
or maybe it doesn't make sense to first put conditioner on strands, coz maybe oil won't be directly on the strands..
I really dunno so share your thoughts women !!!

Last edited:
a friend asked me if it is possible to do : conditioner -> oil rinse -> conditioner ?
or it doesn't make sense to put conditioner on strands, coz maybe oil won't be directly on the strands..
I really dunno so share your thoughts women !!!

Krystle~Hime

I have done a Hot/Cowashed/DC'ed AND....I have Cowashed/DC'ed/Oil Rinsed AND I have Cowashed/DC'ed and applied Oil on top of the DC'er

But Never in the way you've mentioned it.:lol:

Gurl...Maybe someone else can help.:lol: Shay72 might do this?:yep:

Krystle~Hime

I have done a Hot/Cowashed/DC'ed AND....I have Cowashed/DC'ed/Oil Rinsed AND I have Cowashed/DC'ed and applied Oil on top of the DC'er

But Never in the way you've mentioned it.:lol:

Gurl...Maybe someone else can help.:lol: Shay72 might do this?:yep:

condition/deep ccondition will be the same in my request, cause when you DC, it's mostly with conditioner.
but ... you said you cowash/dc/oil..... "oil rinsed" but when Sareca told us about what is oil rinsing she said :
The part that makes it an oil rinse is using conditioner to help rinse some of the oil from your hair. Everything else is just a pre-poo, hot oil treatment, or an oil wash.

so... after you "cowash/dced/oil" you don't use a conditioner?

I've done a HOT, oil rinse, then cowash. I've also done a shampoo, oil rinse, then dc. And I've done a pre poo, oil rinse, shampoo, and dc. I haven't done a condition, oil rinse, condition. My preference is the first one. I've gotten sooooft hair (my hair is already really soft so this is a new level of soft), shine, and extremely defined hair.

I'll use an Instant (Cowash Conditioner)or Cleansing Conditioner, then I'll Deep Condition usually under Steamer.

Then after rinsing out the DC'er I'll apply some oil and rinse with warm water.

OR....I'll do a HOT first, Cowash, DC.

Oil rinsed with JBCO and sealed my leave-in with Enso Softening Serum. :lick:

Did an overnight HOT with vatika frosting, rinsed this morning, and cowashed with Hairveda's Acai Berry.

Oil rinsed with the last of my JBCO.

I'm using up a lot of stuff and the hubby is proud of me for it :giggle:

Checking in:
Putting in my oil rinse now. Been sitting here for the last hour with it in my hair. Now off to wash it out.

Overnight HOT now, will do nights I don't DC. Trying grapeseed/EVOO after CW each morning once my macadamia natural oil healing oil treatment sample runs out. Fell off during the time I had braids, back on board.

Hey ladies!! Hope yall are doin well..I been doin lots of water rinses this week cuz I been hitting the gym pretty hard and sealing in the moisture with my horsetail hair butter. I do plan on doin a hard core protein trt this weekend, I been using mild ones, but my porosity is just off and it's been off for awhile so Imma give in and see what that do.

Did an overnight HOT with Qhemet's OHHB, rinsed this morning, and followed with a cowash using Hairveda's Green Conditioner.

Back