HONESTLY: How Many Hours Do You Spend On Hair and Skin/Beauty

How many hours do you spend a day on beauty? (On Average)

• Less than an hour

Votes: 60 43.5%
  • 1 > 2

Votes: 46 33.3%
  • 2 > 3

Votes: 13 9.4%
  • 3 > 4

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • 4 > 5

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • 5 > 6

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • More than 6 hours

Votes: 9 6.5%

• Total voters

upandcoming

So, last night I decided to incorporate my new skin care regime and hair stuff. It took about an hour and a half to get back to my room. I spent about thirty minutes on this site yesterday, not to mention my morning grooming/combing/moisturizing/make up etc...
Ladies, just how many hours are we spending on perserving our sexy? This includes: hair, skin, nails, and total body hygeine/appearance. Just wondering.

I picked less than an hour on average.

My everyday "routine" is extremely simple. I take a quick shower in the mornings, put my hair up in a bun or French twist, and apply a little moisturizer, lip gloss and mascara. Usually I'm ready for the day in 35 to 40 minutes tops.

Now that it's cold out I wash my hair twice a week and that does involve deep conditioning for 45 minutes but while my hair is slathered with conditioner and under a plastic cap and hot towel, I'm usually soaking in the tub with a mask on my face so I get several beauty steps done at once. I learned to really pare down the amount of time I spend on "beauty" since I've had kids.

I'm so busy these days, as much as I would love to do a facial more than once a week, I just can't spare the time now.

My routine is very very simple too. I dont wear make-up so I just wash my face with my Malelueca stuff and then I moisturize my hair and go. My hair is usually in twists or braids. 15 min max.

I try to do everyting together. For example, I wash my face while I'm in the shower and sometimes dry my hair by sitting in front of the fan while moisturizing my body. I still think I spend too much time on my vanity, but when I look at others people's routine, it seems like they've turned grooming into a profession and I'm a mere amatuer.

I voted less than an hour. With three boys, I have 0 time especially on weekday mornings. I start my bath water, brush my teeth while it's running. Then I wash my face first while in the tub, wash body, jump out, moisturize body and face, dress, check on the kids and then we are out. I have this down to a science!

On the few days that I have woke up "late" I have actually gotten out the door faster than on a regular day!

Last edited:
I said less than an hour - even on my 'hair' days - if I'm doing the full lesiurely spa type treatment (face, hands, feet, shaving, all that jazz) it MIGHT take me two hours - but urm, that doesn't need to happen all that often.

On a normal morning, from rolling out of bed to walking out the door takes me 35-40 minutes and that INCLUDES picking out an outfit/ironing it.

On average I said 2-3 hours a day. This includes my weekly shampoo day which can take up to 5 hours depending on how long i deep condition and how I choose to dry, 30+ minutes twice a day showering and moisturizing and my facial regime. These hour will increase now that I have an at-home waxing kit. And I didn't factor in salon time at all.

I'd say less than an hour. I'm not big on makeup (just a little eyeliner, mascara and lip gloss) and it doesn't take a long time to do what I do to my hair. It's very rare that I spend more than 30 minutes getting myself together.

I also voted less than an hour, its probably just about an hour though.....very little makeup just fill in my eyebrows, mac face powder and chapstick (unless I am going out). My hair takes maybe 10-15 mins in the morning, just moisturize, part and place 3/4 wig and style. The rest of the time is pretty much getting my body clean and moisturized and getting dressed. Also at night, I remove the 3/4 wig, moisturize and tie hair up.

Deep conditioning / henna weekends are a different story......

Less than an hour. Even on the rare occasions I wear make up, it's still less than an hour. My shower takes the most of that hour because I cowash my hair every day. But after that, it's pretty quick. I just put on some lotion and deodorant, dress and put my hair up.

Less than an hour. Shower, Pro-Activ, Cocoa Butter and baby oil gel and I'm done. Make up takes ten minutes. With hair, maybe 15 minutes if I'm wearing my own hair out, 3 minutes if I'm wearing a weave or fall.

The only thing that takes a bit of time (about 2 hours a week) is when I deep condition and moisturize after co-washing or shampooing.

less than an hour... i do take a 30 minute shower but everything else is 1,2,3... im wearing a sewn-in so hair is about 5 min..skin ten min-i put on my cleanser for my face and some baby oil and im good go..dont wear make-up never have never will and i decide what im wearing while in the shower and its usually already ironed so...

Whoops.. I missed that this was daily.. well, on a daily basis, maybe an hour. If I'm taking a day to do my hair.. over 6.

maybe 30 minutes, but if you average out the week including teh five hours on wash day, it would come out to a little over a hour per day.

I spend about 3 hours total. 1 hour in the morning and 2 at night. I do make up, and the whole nine. When i get brenden in the tub is when i moisterize, apply MTG and other fun things

I also voted less than an hour. I don't like fussing with complicated or long regimens so everything I do beauty-wise is short & sweet.

I need about 25 minutes in the morning and 35 at night. Wash days are usually less than 4 hours so an hour a day is about right.

Mine is also very simple. I wash my face while in the shower. (That's the whole point in having a shower cap, lol) and when I get out, I put lotion on my face, cocoa butter everywhere else and pull my hair up. I refuse to wear make up. (This is what my S/O has to wake up to...if its not good enough, find someone else.) Along with getting dressed, it takes me less than 10 tops. If you count the shower, then probably 20 minutes.

That's a REALLY good point. Maybe we should include the time we spend on this site as well because most of that time is beauty things (with the excpetion of the career/Christian/off topic forums). I'm SURE if we included that, very few people would be in the less than an hour time slot. Hehe.

Shower/con-wash
teeth and face
lip gloss/moisturizer /mascara
apply products to hair / shake and go
1hr or less
:D

I voted less than an hour...BUT that is provided I have already prepared it the night before (rolled, twist, etc). The take down is very quick and I just finger comb. Its even less if I am wearing my instant weave thingy.

crlsweetie912 said:
On the few days that I have woke up "late" I have actually gotten out the door faster than on a regular day!
...isn't that the weirdest thing? I do that all the time and get in the car like wait I thought I was late. I guess if I have too much time I dilly dally...:lol:

Less than an hour. Lip Gloss is the only makeup that I wear and my hair goes back in a ponytail or bun pretty much every day. My shower actually takes the longest. I'm in there forever.

I voted 2-3 hours on average. I wash my hair once or twice a week and that can take forever. I always condition for atleast 20-30 mins and I always rollerset and dry under a dryer. My skin regime takes about 15mins each day to wash, apply my serums, moisturize with SPF. At night I wash and apply my retinol products or my peptide products. Makeup is pretty easy, I just use a light powder foundation, mascara, a quick dusting of shimmery eyeshadow and some lipgloss. As far as daily hair habits, I just apply some moisturizer an clip in my octopus clip of wear down.

Back