HONESTLY: How Many Hours Do You Spend On Hair and Skin/Beauty

How many hours do you spend a day on beauty? (On Average)

• Less than an hour

Votes: 60 43.5%
  • 1 > 2

Votes: 46 33.3%
  • 2 > 3

Votes: 13 9.4%
  • 3 > 4

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • 4 > 5

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • 5 > 6

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • More than 6 hours

Votes: 9 6.5%

• Total voters
Im low maintanence...I would say less than an hour...

I plan to increase it in the future though once I graduate from my masters program and have more time

Last edited:
Way less than an hour. I have been protective styling so like 5 min to put up my hair, I wash my face in the shower. Hop out apply medication, moisture, and mattifier. Brush eyebrows might use a little pencil. Chapstick. Ready to go.

I have really let myself go.

I realize that a part of the reason why I spend os much time when I have it is I LOVE being in the bathroom. I love it. I put music on, I pamper myself, and NO ONE can come in. ;)

I spend more time at night on my hair more than I do in the day time. In the morning I wash my body, face with just plain water, moisturize my hair and seal it and then place my wig on. Makeup takes no more than 10 minutes during the week.

At night I wash my face with cleaner, astringent, and moisturizer. Then do my hair and tie it up. Jump in the shower after a hard workout and moisturize my body....

Now I feel so open LOL :grin:

togethernessinchrist said:
I realize that a part of the reason why I spend os much time when I have it is I LOVE being in the bathroom. I love it. I put music on, I pamper myself, and NO ONE can come in. ;)

I agree. :grin: In the morning to go to work, it takes 30 minutes from the time I get out of bed until I am ready to walk outof the door. Wake up, shower, rinse hair, put in conditioner which sets while I'm washing, rinse everything, out, lotion on body, moisturizer and sunscreen on face, throw on my "uniform" (same skirt/same sweater just in eight different colors), shoes, about five minutes to throw all of the protein smoothie ingredients in the blender, mix, and pour in the "car cup" and out of the door.

Evenings are a different matter. I like lounging in bubbles and hot water - that alone takes about an hour. I do a mini facial, and then a shower to exfoliate and shave, scrub feet, and wash. Again lotion on skin, serum and peptides on face, etc. I love doing this. I am in the bathroon until I come out and NO ONE comes in unless they are close to death. In the course of an entire day, these are my two hours for myself to preserve my sanity.

On the weekends, I include a manicure and pedicure along with hair stuff and a full facial so longer still. Right now, I am C&G; I am sure when I am back to relaxed, it will take even longer. DH used to think I was a loon until I let him join me on the weekends. Now he looks forward to me shaving him and giving him a mani and pedi too. He still needs to learn how to wash hair without acting like he's in a commercial, but I'm working on him. The week night is still my time, but we have fun on the weekends.

Fortunately, my children are older so I don't have to worry about that.

Less than an hour- In the a.m., 30 min to shower & moisturize my body and spritz then clip up my hair. In the evening, I wash up and baggie-another 30 min or less. Weekends are more laid back for me

yea disregard one of the 4-5 hour ones, I actually forgot to read and was thinking hours "per week". In actuality its more like 2 hours because I take 30 min showers (my favorite part of the day) then blowdry and straighten OR detangle and airdry my hair(1 hour b/c I watch TV) and the other 30 min I usually do some sort of facial and wind up falling asleep in the process :rolleyes:

But since I'm going back to school and actually will have a job, my stuff will probably take between 30 min and an hour if Im lucky to even have that much time :ohwell:

Back