Honestly, are you RELIGIOUSLY taking care of your hair?

Are you taking SERIOUS complete care of your hair?

• YES! I would NEVER go to sleep without covering my hair!

Votes: 195 54.8%
  • Well... my pillowcase is satin, so I don't trip if I don't...

Votes: 69 19.4%
  • HECK NO! I've fallen off the bandwagon so many times!!!

Votes: 79 22.2%
  • Sometimes...let me explain...

Votes: 41 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I use a satin case as opposed to a scarf. I'm happy with my progress I've not altered my reggie much this year so I think its now ingrained to wash and DC once and cowash once a week. Flatironing is optional and I do the same thing in braids/weave
difference being that I use the Hawaiian Silky spray instead of Giovanni direct for daily moisture

Nope. :nono: I'm not. I wish I had the time, energy, and patience to be. The reality is that right now, I am last on my own list of priorities. I long for the days when I can go get my hair done, and take better care of my hair and myself overall. :crying3: I look a mess and right now, though my hair is growing like weeds, it too looks a mess. I can see my ends suffering from my lack of moisture. :wallbash:

sorry for the whining, but i'm jealous of all of you that have set regimens

I must say the only things I do religiously are DCs, Protein Treatments. And my silk scarf. These things are what keeps my hair at its prime. Co washing & Moisturizing I do regularly but sometimes I get lazy.

I always cover my hair at night and overall, I take good care of my hair 90% of the time; pre-poo as needed, wash once a week, weekly steam treatments with an ACV rinse as the final step, use a leave-in, protein/clarify as needed, taking supplements and lastly, moisturise daily. However, there are days when I simply can’t be bothered to moisturise and may go a day or two without doing so :look:.

Last edited:
Putting my bonnet on at night is so ingrained in my head that I literally can not go to sleep until it is on my head. If I can not find it, I will search the house up and down. Still can't find it? I'll put on one of my scarves. I just have to do it.

I make sure me and my daughter have either a scarf or a satin bonnet on our heads before we go to bed..but not so much of myself because I do have a satin pillow I sleep on in case I have those lazy nights I forget to cover my head..

I'm very strict. My hair stays tied up in my satin wrap whether I am just lounging around or about to go to bed.

Last edited:
I don't stay on it like I should but I do try. I am just gonna stick to it though. In due time I'll be so good at it that it'll be like blinking.

See, I can't see me just walking around the house with my hair tied up ALL the time! My husband wouldn't be very happy (I imagine) either.

How do you rock a head wrap in the house and still look fly? Even for those who aren't married, when you stay over for the night with you S/O or go on an overnight outing with a group of friends, how do you managed to still be cute? Do you put on earrings and makeup or something?

That just seems a bit too much for me...

lol..its funny you asked that because I'm married and I make sure my satin scarf is on the nightstand, so right before we go to sleep I will make a mad dash for it before we both go to sleep..but after 10 years of marriage, he really doesn't mind because he knows it doesn't stay on forever, so it comes off in the morning..

See, I can't see me just walking around the house with my hair tied up ALL the time! My husband wouldn't be very happy (I imagine) either.

How do you rock a head wrap in the house and still look fly? Even for those who aren't married, when you stay over for the night with you S/O or go on an overnight outing with a group of friends, how do you managed to still be cute? Do you put on earrings and makeup or something?

I don't know, I guess just like anything else in life it depends on how bad you want it. I don't really care what other people think especially a guy if he asks, then I would just say I'm trying to take better care of my hair. I don't believe most men trip for real. I ain't meant none that have for real. I am really trying to get my hair in the best shape it has ever been in. My girlfriends oh please, I have one girlfriend that wears a wig and honey when she pulls that thing off you are like Yikes!!! LOL

Shanda

It helps that my hubby wants me to have long hair and will endure anything to help me get that but for his sake I usually use cute colored scarves and have hoops or something on, with light makeup. :lol:

My regimen is based on the fact that I'm seriously lazy when it comes to haircare. It'd be pretty difficult for me not to do it because it's already at the bare minimum in the first place.

At night I sleep on a satin pillowcase so if I don't tie up my hair I don't feel bad. The ac dries out my hair so I do try to tie it up as much as possible...and since it's a habit from childhood I feel weird without something on my head at night.

I keep my hair tied up in a satin wrap or bonnet or my bro's head scarf lol. Esp. when i am at home or sleeping, and sometimes in the car too!

I don't cover my hair and i don't have a satin pillowcase. >___<
I think my hair is growinf as the bush in the Amazonas xD

But as i will be oiling my hair in the nights, i will have to cover my hair xD

my hair requires that i leave it alone, so i guess im religiously minimal? lol and i monitor for growth like a hawk because im on a strict timeline for my hair growth goals. im serious about my hair care but i honestly dont "DO" anything... if that makes any sense

My hair is treated well but I don't tie it at night and don't want to sleep on silk or satin either. Growing up, the headtie would be anywhere else but on my head by morning. Maybe my hair could be even better...shrugs...I'm ok with that.

I can't even front...I've become completely psycho with it. I needed to be APL yesterday, so every little bit helps.
Since early August, I must tie on a scarf before bed. It helps alot that I always keep a scarf in my pillowcase or under the pillow, because then, I have no excuse.
I remember last week, I came back from work just dead on my feet. I fell asleep as soon as I came in, and didn't take off my jacket or shoes, but I surely had that scarf tied tightly around my head. :lol:

lol sounds like me, i can come home from a long night of drinking pissy drunk, but my head will NOT touch that pillow if i dont have my satin bonnet on.

im always great with the care of my hair. i always moisturize, sleep with a silk/satin scarf and i dont comb my hair unless its wet. right now im protective styling so that i can make sure to retain all my growth.

Over the past 3 weeks, thats when i joined LHCF, i've been real psycho. Co washing, moisturizing, sealing, DCing, tie at night; the works. I hope i keep up with it. My hair is def healthier and i hope to get length now

i fell off my hair broken off due to not having the correct products my hair broken off so bad i did a 3 itch trim it way above BRASTRAP but i kno its goin to grow even healthy.

I am pretty religious about my hair! Although lately, Ive been flat ironing more AND blowdrying- I know I know! Im getting it braided up for the winter this week! :>:lick:

Surprisingly, i've fallen off the bandwagon so many times. But thankfully i've alway manage to jump back on...:grin:

When DH likes my hairstyle, he'll be like "Put your scarf on, Oco!" He'll go get it and make me put it on. :rolleyes:

He wears a wave cap too, so I don't really think about it. I can't say I don't look in the mirror and see how cute I do or don't look with it - but he never really seems to mind.

Sometimes, I have to take it off in the middle of the night. :look: But generally, it doesn't get in the way of any marital bliss!

In the beginning I played it by the book and was very adamant about covering my hair at night. But now i'm not as strict as I once was and have satin pillow cases so i'm not sleeping on cotton. I even flat ironed my hair without a heat protectant becuase I didn't like the one that I bought :( I'm still seeing growth and thickness so I know as long as I'm not consistantly damaging my hair it will be okay.

Back