Hold Yourself Accountable: Where are you slacking?

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
I got my hair done at a Dominican salon on Friday, October 17, and I haven't shampooed my hair since.

LOL Allandra! Whenever I get my hair done, I find myself doing the same thing. Waiting a week and maybe 10 days before I finally shampoo again.

I thought I was the only one who did this...I feel so much better!!
laugh.gif

I've TOTALLY slacked off regular deep conditioning.
look.gif
...and taking supplements. I LOVE the baggie trick though (all hail Allandra and Adrienne for sharing this!
clap.gif
) ... and my relaxed ends have NEVER looked this thick!
grin.gif
...and the rest of my hair seems to like it as well. Each touchup brings noticeable length.

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
Hey Nyambura,
wave.gif

I'm glad the baggie trick has worked for you.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Allandra,
wave.gif

Yes, chica! You have saved my ends!
kiss.gif

ShirleyD,
The baggie trick just involves moisturizing your ends really well and then covering them with a zipper-free sandwich baggie. You can hold the whole thing down with a scrunchie. A lot of people here take it a step further and cover the baggie with the cut-off toe of a nylon stocking and then use a drawstring ponytail to cover the whole thing. If you click on Adrienne's name (over her avatar), it should take you to her website where she has a great photo essay illustrating how to do this.
smile.gif
Good luck!

tracy, i'm not sure if i lose less hair with the bolitas (cute name).
laugh.gif
to be honest, it's been SO long since i used the ouchless ones, i forget. lol! so maybe i'm justified after all huh?

allandra, i didn't know you use the baggie method. how long have you been doing this? and do you use the Vaseline on your ends as well, or just the World of Curls?

I started doing the baggie method when BHSGO was around (so a long time ago).
laugh.gif
I thought you knew this. I use a little leave-in conditioner or Kiehl's.

girl, i had no idea. i always thought you wore the bun with the Good Hair Days pins. what do you cover the baggie with?

Adrienne,

I cover my hair with a satin bonnet or satin scarf. I do not wear the baggie during the day, only at night.

I've been slacking off on wearing a satin covering on my head when I go to bed. Even though I sleep on a satin pillow case, the satin head covering is the best for me in helping my hair retain the most moisture during the night.

I must confess I have been doing my deep conditioning in the shower with a plastic cap just letting the warm water hit the cap. I have to blow the dust off of my heat cap. I have not used it in weeks. I have been slcking off on the daily scalp massages.

Back