Hold Yourself Accountable: Where are you slacking?

For me, it's not tying my hair at night, not putting enough putting enough oil/creams in my hair and not wearing protective styles (that's really a shame since I wear a ponytail everyday).

Re: Hold Yourself Accountable: Where are you slack

I made a BIG mistake last night. I worked out last night and went to bed without rinsing t the sweat from my scalp and conditioning my hair. (I reasoned that since I oiled my hair before hitting the gym it wouldn't cause much damage.) This morning I had five times as much shedding as usual. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Also I actually was considering getting braids again this winter to avoid the daily rinsing and conditioning.

--kc

Goodness! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif This may take a while. I have slacked off in every area since I got braids. I spray it every morning with my top secret braid elixir but mainly to define the waves in the wet and wavy braiding hair. I only put something on my scalp when the pencil I use to scratch it has worn to a nub, (nice way to sharpen a pencil). /images/graemlins/blush.gif I have not washed my braids with actual shampoo at all in the two weeks I have had them. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif I only wet them because I am afraid of slippage. I have started taking vitamins again though. I take a multivitamin, biotin and silica. I have EPO and MSM too but I can't take too many vits or else I will just forget to take them all.

This is exactly what I'm slacking on to the letter! </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Slacking on the:
Vitamins
Tying up my hair at night, but I sleep on a satin covered pillow
Drinking 8 glasses of water a day WAIT, I NEVER DID THAT ANYWAY!!! I need to start though!!

[/ QUOTE ]

My regime is only 3 mths old &amp; I haven't really slacked off of it....BUT, I did, sort of, um, find a short cut...
instead of being patient &amp; sticking out the 2-1/2 hrs it takes to dry my wet set under the hooded dryer on "warm"...well, um, Tues, I sort of used "hot" /images/graemlins/frown.gif, and the sad thing is, I wasn't pressed for time! Tomorrow, it's back to "warm", the safe usual way.

Great Post!!

The one thing I slack on is water. Even after two bouts with dehydration...one where I had to crawl to the phone cuz I couldn't walk, when do we EVER learn???

So on my bad days I drink like two glasses of water on my GREAT days I drink a gallon, I'd like to be consistant with my gallon intake on a daily basis.

Hows everyone else doing? Making improvements?

Let's see...

I've been taking my vitamins everyday (but I don't always get the "evening" pills in). Have to make a point to take ALL my vitamins.

Drinking water...I don't always get in 8 glasses, sometimes only 3!! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Must remember to carry water around with me at all times.

Protective styles..what's that? /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif Seriously, I still sometimes do the bun thing with a these pantyhose-like elastics that I buy. That SHOULD be gentler on the hair then those other types of hair elastics, but I think I still get some breakage from wearing my hair in a bun. Must make a point to stop.

Other than that, I've been pretty good! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Tracy said:
Now that I have you all where I want you...Mwahahahahahahaha....... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'm saving this thread....and in exactly two weeks I'm going to ask each and everyone of you if you made an improvement. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

And I'm going to let you guys know where I am and if I'm doing the things I said I was slacking on - and you can't LIE! LOL!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bumping becasue I came across this thread while doing a search and was wondering how you guys were doing.

The only thing I've gotten better at is taking vitamins...then again..I'm not taking all of them consistently. Only certain ones...does that count?

Actually it does for me--becasue I'm not really consistent at anything. /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Hey Daviine,/images/graemlins/wave.gif

I wasn't going to mention it, but since you ask, I haven't been taking my vitamins for some time now. /images/graemlins/blush.gif I've gotten so lazy where they're concerned. /images/graemlins/look.gif

Well well well...lookie here....

I have forgotten to remind myself (and you guys) of the things that I was forgetting - that's poetic justice for you! LOL!

I actually am doing much better on the things for my initial post. I wear my hair up an average of 3 days a week - sometimes more, sometimes less than that but not very often on the "less" end of the spectrum.

The only thing I don't do is the deep conditioners with heat - but I do deep condition for extended periods now - just not with heat. I just find for most of my conditioners (proteins being the only exception) I get better results by leaving it on a long time - but with no heat.

The new thing I need to add is getting my vit routine to be a habit. And maintaining the lack of direct heat that's been the norm for me lately. I also have to stop buying stuff - where's the PJ weekly check thread....

I'll check it right after I go online shopping for Elasta QP stuff! LOL! /images/graemlins/look.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deep conditioning. I wasn't doing them much before the braids..and certainly not with them /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Are you serious Tracy? Because if you're serious I'll join you on the product thing after I load up on some goodies first! Is that cheating? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Henrilou and Mschichi, /images/graemlins/wave.gif

I hope ya'll see this!

I just realized you guys posted questions I didn't answer. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Sowwy....

The no elastic bun is Allandra's idea which I stole. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Gather hair as if it's going into a ponytail and twist from the base of where the ponytail would meet the scalp to the ends of the hair until you've twisted the hair into a little log. Wind the log lossely around itself until you can tuck ends into the body of the bun and secure with those lovely plastic hairpins that - again - Allandra clued the board in to. They are extra large, a brownish tortoise shell color, and hold far more hair than your ordinary hair pin. I use two and leave my home. My very very slippery and ordinarily stubborn hair stays put all day with these. They are a god send. Thaks Allandra! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sorry I took so long to answer you guys. My bad. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

If this happens to anyone else please PM me. I really don't mean to ignore people. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Not at all.

Armyqt said:
I've been neglecting the pre-shampoo olive oil/honey treatments, taking vitamins consistently, and not consuming enough agua!!

[/ QUOTE ]

While I have been very consistent with the preshampoo treatments, I've slacked off on deep conditioings with heat. I did fall off the vitamin routine for awhile, but I'm back on track now. I will NEVER drink enough water..

Tracy and davine, I might consider going into rehab also for my PJitis. But not before I get a few staples! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

wow omg! i just realised i havent been slacking /images/graemlins/laugh.gif woohoo!

but then again i just found this board and started my regime a month ago /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

But not before I get a few staples!

[/ QUOTE ]

ONE MORE FIX! ONE MORE FIX! ROFLMAO!

Gurl ya need HELP!

<font color="#666666"> :::shhhh - so do I - I'll meet you 'round back with the "stuff"!:::

</font> :giggle:

Hey Tray/images/graemlins/wave.gif

I was slacking on some of my supplements. LondonDiva emailed me and anyone really, what I call a "focus" sheet. It reminds you of the things u didn't take, or do, and keeps u on the right track by letting you see how you're progressing /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey mama! /images/graemlins/wave.gif

:::baby voice::: I wanna "focus" sheet tooooooo!!! /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

I'ma PM LD! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Girl you are too much /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Have u tried that Tropical Avocado Conditioner? I just did 2 days ago, and I threw out every other Cholesterol conditioners I was using because this stuff is the Ultimate Bomb! Did Ya Hear?!

I did hear cutiekins!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif I used to use this stuff lLONG ago and abandoned it because I thought it was no big deal. I picked up the small size yesterday to try again and see what i thought.

The version I have is Venezuelan.

I'ma little pissed too - cuz my hairdresser just returned from DR and she brought a whole RACK of the various flavors of these conditioners direct from La Republica /images/graemlins/grin.gif and I coulda bought a bona fide Domican version from her locally no hassle...

But on the flip side of that - she didn't have the Avocado - but she DID have Wheat Germ, Aloe, Black, Carrot and a host of others.....

Hmm maybe it's time for a little testaroonie. /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm slacking in the wash area. I don't have enough time to wash twice a week. I only wash on Fridays, but that will all soon change once Summer arrives.

I am slacking mentally. I have been having negative thoughts again about my hair. My hair is healthy and thicker now but it is taking forever to grow. I need to say posistive affirmations everyday to overcome my dark thoughts. Sometime I just feel like my hair will never be past my shoulders. Stinking thinking is a -----!

The version I have is Venezuelan.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO, NO, NO, U have to get the Dominican Rep. Version mamita!
For me to throw out my cholesterol conditioners is saying a mouthful! That stuff left my hair so moisturized it wasn't funny. And the slip was superb /images/graemlins/grin.gif I have never been this durn excited about any product except henna. I'm gonna try the LaFier(sp?)line and see how I like it, but the Avocado is here to stay!

Yeah I discovered that I have the wrong version over on the other thread.....the extra slip factor has me ultra curious....the poster on the other thread the same exact things as you.

Thanks for the clarification! I definitely be seeking out the Dominican version ASAP. I shoulda known my countrymen would have come up with a superior version! LOL! Justa kiddin' ya'll - just kiddin'. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tracy said:
Hey mama! /images/graemlins/wave.gif

:::baby voice::: I wanna "focus" sheet tooooooo!!! /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

I'ma PM LD! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Tracy if you want me to send it just PM me your e-mail address /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Okay, here's where I neglect:

1. I don't wash my hair every three days anymore. I've been so busy I wash once a week.

2. I don't deep condition my hair anymore. I used to do so religiously when I had relaxed over a year ago, and when I first went natural. Now that my hair is brushing the bottom of my neck, I've stopped deep conditioning.

3. I don't take my vitamins everyday. I'll take them religiously for 4 to 5 months at a time, but then I stop for a week, or I'll only take certain vitamins like biotin and centrum.

I definitely have not been taking my vitamins religiously for the last two months. That's horrible!!! I need to take them, because my diet at college is so poor, and I don't want my hair to reflect my diet. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif I started my vitamin regimen again last Friday, I have the power to keep up! haha

Back