Hold Yourself Accountable: Where are you slacking?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
caramelbarbie said:
LondonDiva!
Do you think you have time to email another focus sheet??? /images/graemlins/drunk.gif I need all the help i can get! /images/graemlins/blush.gif
[email protected]

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Do I think I have the time. Girly if anyone wants a helping hand I got the time. Of course I will send you one. Whether it's 3 months or 3 years down the line you want a spreadsheet, just ask /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll forward on Tracy's, Titangirls and your's this evening when I get home. If you need some help in trying to figure it out then don't hesitate to PM me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif It's made up of 4 worksheets on the file.

This is an excellent thread.

Re: hair health etc. these are the main areas that I need to brush up on:

1. Consistently take my vitamins
2. Stop obsessing about my hair
3. Stop critiquing and developing regimes for other people's hair in my hair and subconsciously
while looking at them.
4. Locking up my paddle brush
5. Drinking Water
6. More protective hair styles. My hair looks healthier now and I just love wearing it down...
/images/graemlins/spank.gif

i kno i'm late but this seems to be the only way for me to kno if i've improved or not so here's what i've been slackin on
-washing hair in braids every week (afraid of knots)
-sprayin my braid spray every other day (not enuf time)
-splitin my 11 pills as i get lazy and take them all in the mornin /images/graemlins/nono.gif
-not tyin hair back too tight
-sleepin with my satin bonnet on ALL the time

ngaa /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

i've been using heat too much (1x weekly)
I pull my hair back kinda tight /images/graemlins/mad.gif
I wear protective styles only 1 or 2x's a week

I don't always deep condition with my hood dryer. Sometimes I tie two plastic bags on my head to generate heat. Washing my hair in the evenings during the week, it's a drag sometimes to be stuck in one spot for 15 minutes, especially when there's so much to do to prepare for the next morning. I think that my hair does better with the heat, so I need to go back to it.

I must develop a regimen.
Once I do that stay consistent.
Use regimen for longer than a month and a half /images/graemlins/grin.gif
I must remain patient(hard one) /images/graemlins/smirk.gif.
Stop the Under-Processed Train at next touch-up(April) /images/graemlins/crazy.gif.
Stay positive in thought.

I need to stop manipulating my hair so much. One day I might wear it in a protective style. Then I'll go home and wash it, and then let it air dry. Then I'll use my caruso rollers to wear it down the next day. I have been doing this every two days and about two weeks now!!! /images/graemlins/mad.gif I have to leave my hair along /images/graemlins/whip.gif

Okay, I personally need the motivation that this thread provides!!

Again, so far I'm just slacking on my vitamin intake because I'm not eating as often as I should.

/images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

I know this is an older thread, but it isn't more relative to me today than ever before!!

After getting a relaxer I find it so hard to wear my hair in protective styles. That in conjunction with the fact that I am always running late in the morning---I never have the time to do my hair correctly. So, it's either a ponytail or half up half out or all out with a headband...I know I know terrible.. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I need to purchase more supplements including my GNC Ultra Mega and I had just started using GNC's Nourishair and Gelatin capsules... /images/graemlins/look.gif

I have been deep conditioning and pretreating my hair, but I've been slacking on the daily moisturizing.. /images/graemlins/blush.gif My hair is so straight from the relaxer that I'm afraid to use too much..But I'm getting over that quickly..

And water...Does tea count? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Also I NEVER use the warm setting on the dryer! /images/graemlins/frown.gif Is that really bad..I have an older dryer (since 1996) and I'm afraid I'll be under forever!!

Hey Carmen..how come I never noticed this before?

My hair is so straight from the relaxer that I'm afraid to use too much..

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah--I do the same thing. I spritz my hair daily except for when I have a fresh touchup. I know that the best way for me to moisturize my hair is to spritz it with water first...so what's the problem? I guess like you. I'm afraid to do too much.

After getting a relaxer I find it so hard to wear my hair in protective styles

[/ QUOTE ] Me too.
smile.gif

And water...Does tea count?

[/ QUOTE ] That's I want to know becasue I hate water. So much that last night I almost started a thread on it! I love me some tea though!!!
lick.gif

Okay,

I thought I'd bring this post up again, because I need to be encouraged by reading all the posts.

I think the only thing I'm slacking on is sticking with ONE protective style. So I'm gonna try to keep doing the baggie method for another 6 or 7 months and see if it makes any difference towards length.

At least the health of my hair has dratically improved. And I have kept myself away from the scissors, so we'll see.

Well,

I would love to be able to say that I am not slacking but I am slacking on my vitamins.

lately, the only thing i've been slacking on is how i put my hair up. i much prefer the ponytail holders with the balls rather than the ouchless kind. they're easier to use. so i've been using them for a while actually...
shocked.gif
don't tell nobody doh...

Re: Hold Yourself Accountable: Where are you slack

Oiling my ends regularly, especially since it is getting colder and windier here in upstate New York. Need to be more consistent re: wearing a hat, too.

Last, rolling my hair *before* I get too tired. Otherwise, my hair is a dry mess the next morning. The roller setting keeps the ends moist and supple.

northernbelle

You know though Adrienne - I find that I lost SO MUCH LESS HAIR with the "bolitas" - you don't? I find ouchless ones TERRIBLE by comparison!
shocked.gif
I did find a new brand of ouchless ones by Scunci (they aren't new per se - I JUST found them is all
laugh.gif
)...

I don't know if that's much of a slack.
ohwell.gif

I am also slacking on vitamins and preshampoos. As USUAL! But I am using protective styles routinely tho! At LEAST the better part of 5-6 days a week!
grin.gif
I'm such a
littleangel2.gif
laugh.gif

I do have to be nice tho and stop coloring my hair....it's going to punish me soon....I can FEEL it.
laugh.gif
(pssst - I sneaked and did the color tonight. I couldn't WAIT!
cry3.gif
fallenangel.gif
)

[ QUOTE ]
I do have to be nice tho and stop coloring my hair....it's going to punish me soon....I can FEEL it. (pssst - I sneaked and did the color tonight. I couldn't WAIT!

[/ QUOTE ]

spank.gif
spank.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I've actually been slacking a bit on how frequently I shampoo and / or do conditioner rinses. I got my hair done at a Dominican salon on Friday, October 17, and I haven't shampooed my hair since.
laugh.gif
I was going to do it tonight, but heck, I'm too tired to jump in and out of the shower a gazillion times. I think I'll just slap some pre-shampoo stuff on it, and take care of it first thing in the morning.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
I got my hair done at a Dominican salon on Friday, October 17, and I haven't shampooed my hair since.
laugh.gif
I was going to do it tonight, but heck, I'm too tired to jump in and out of the shower a gazillion times.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL Allandra! Whenever I get my hair done, I find myself doing the same thing. Waiting a week and maybe 10 days before I finally shampoo again.

Anyhow, I have been slacking on deep conditioning. However, I am already trying to fix this one. I would at least like to deep condition with heat twice a month and deep condition without heat the other 2 times.

This week, I've also been slacking on moisturizing my ends. Unfortunately, I have been able to tell the difference.
frown.gif
I am going to get back to moisturizing them after work again.

I have also been slacking on being as gentle as possible with my hair so I need to get back to 100% gentleness instead of 90%. I lose very little hair this way.

I have been slacking on scalp massages which is a very important on helping me maintain my hairline.
I am definitely slacking on water intake.

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
[ QUOTE ]
I do have to be nice tho and stop coloring my hair....it's going to punish me soon....I can FEEL it. (pssst - I sneaked and did the color tonight. I couldn't WAIT!

[/ QUOTE ]

spank.gif
spank.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!!
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
I've actually been slacking a bit on how frequently I shampoo and / or do conditioner rinses. I got my hair done at a Dominican salon on Friday, October 17, and I haven't shampooed my hair since.
laugh.gif
I was going to do it tonight, but heck, I'm too tired to jump in and out of the shower a gazillion times. I think I'll just slap some pre-shampoo stuff on it, and take care of it first thing in the morning.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad girl!
spank.gif

LOL!
laugh.gif
j/k

I have been on key so far. I am not starting to slack yet but I probably won't until I reach my goal. Staying focused and keeping my eye on the prize!

slacking on vitamins (and that's bad because i joined the vit challenge)
i hardly ever do protective styles unless you count pinning it up.
and im getting tired of washing(today is wash day and i know im not gonna do it)...so sad....
frown.gif

Re: Hold Yourself Accountable: Where are you slack

not wearing a scarf every night on my extensions. oops!

Back