What part of your regimen are YOU slacking on?

strangely enough, i'm good about dcing with heat and i tie up my hair in a silk scarf but i cannot stay away from the blowdryer or the flat iron to save my life! Also, i know i'm not moisturizing my ng well.... possibly because i havent found my staple moisturizer yet.

Girl, please look at the great progress you have made in your siggy and recommit yourself to drinking your water. What is your reggie btw?

Thanks Girl, I co-wash alot maybe every other day and I love HE Breaks Over... I really dont do much but still do a lot if that makes sense... I baby my hair and use Mizani night time H2O, Lacio Lacio and air dry.

I had a huge set back a month ago while detangling even though it dosent show much in my pic... If only I could get my hair to be thicker I would be all set... maybe one day and drinking that water will help

Finding a protein/moisture balance. It's hard! At least my mistakes are causing me to keep washing my hair twice a week, which I'm still getting used to.

EVERYYYTHINNG.. Until a couple days ago. I ran out of vitamins.. I've been too lazy to pick up some more.. I RARELY washed my hair and when I did I just grabbed some IC gel.. and put it in a ponytail and left that baby for a good week (or two :look:)... IT LOOKED GOOD OKAY?! And I've been slacking on my MT.. I'm starting to ween myself back ON to my healthy hair regimen.. my hair is definately thanking me.

strangely enough, i'm good about dcing with heat and i tie up my hair in a silk scarf but i cannot stay away from the blowdryer or the flat iron to save my life! Also, i know i'm not moisturizing my ng well.... possibly because i havent found my staple moisturizer yet.
Try to give up the heat in baby steps, air dry and then flat iron, maybe try different techniqes of airydrying. What about rollersetting?
Finding a protein/moisture balance. It's hard! At least my mistakes are causing me to keep washing my hair twice a week, which I'm still getting used to.
Oooh that is a good one- I still don't "know" when my hair really needs protein either:nono:.

Thanks Girl, I co-wash alot maybe every other day and I love HE Breaks Over... I really dont do much but still do a lot if that makes sense... I baby my hair and use Mizani night time H2O, Lacio Lacio and air dry.

I had a huge set back a month ago while detangling even though it dosent show much in my pic... If only I could get my hair to be thicker I would be all set... maybe one day and drinking that water will help

Thanks for the reggie-so sorry to hear about the setback.

EVERYYYTHINNG.. Until a couple days ago. I ran out of vitamins.. I've been too lazy to pick up some more.. I RARELY washed my hair and when I did I just grabbed some IC gel.. and put it in a ponytail and left that baby for a good week (or two :look:)... IT LOOKED GOOD OKAY?! And I've been slacking on my MT.. I'm starting to ween myself back ON to my healthy hair regimen.. my hair is definately thanking me.
Hey that was just low manipulation-that's all. Just stick with that story:look:. Get to the store and get the vits.
Pre-pooing. I'm doing it tonight for the first time in AGES!

Yay! I knew this thread would inspire someone.

Right now, daily moisturizing and more hair washing. I'm doing well on the internal part I guess.

I'm with you, SS! I was so good at the beginning with Dc-ing under the dryer. Now, I dc while exercising or doing chores. I felt like I was giving my hair a bit more TLC when I used the dryer :look:.

scalp massages, and the thing is I know I need to do them because my sides are very thin. I bought all the essential oils but Ill do them for two nights in a row and then slack off again :ohwell:

My vits..well I'll remedy that starting tomorrow. Need to get my some Vitamin B-100 or something.

I need to DC more. I have also noticed that I have been wearing my hair down more and not shampooing as often. I gotten get back on my grind with my hair.

I cannot bring myself to DC with heat:wallbash:. I have some Aubrey's Honeysucle Rose on right now w/ a plastic cap:yep:. I am doing chores, walking all around, doing everything but sitting myself under the dryer:lachen:

If I could commit to sitting under the dryer, I think I could get better results in the long run:look:.

What part of your regimen are you slacking on?

Yep this is me all the way. I have started despising that whole getting out of the tub routine, but my hair is really suffering these days, so I just made a promise to myself to get back on it! Also, I've been slacking on my vitamins and have been using heat a bit too much these days

Daily moisturizing. I tie up my hair at night faithfully, but I fail to moisturize first--and with colder and colder weather (and dry heat indoors), I really need to on nights I don't wash my hair.

I also need to search and destroy split ends more often.

Really the whole dang thing I started over once I relaxed 2 weeks ago. But really the applying the growth aide part. I wont really jump on that until once I am under my LF and that will be the last 2 months outta my 16 wk stretch. Oh and moisturizer, I really dont know how to do that when I use my curlformers. I dont wanna weigh my thin hair down so I dont do anything. Plus I sleep so bad that my hair only lasts for like 3 days and then I do a wet bun for the rest of the week.

Last edited:
Using a scarf at night :blush: yeah I know :o
DC'ing
Taking my supplements.

:nono: :o :blush:

gots to do better! LoL. I'm working on it now though :)

I would say my biggest foe are my too tight ponytails :perplexed i am trying so hard to knock them, but i think loose ponytails look awful on me. I think that if i could stop killing all of my progress with ending my ponytail fetish, i would see a lot of growth and less breakage.....

EVEEEEERRRRYTTTTTHHHHINNNNNNNNGGGG. Internal & external.........Now that i have achieved ultimately healthy hair....i've been so careless.....i'm going thru a few big bumps right now & i really put my hair on the back burner....

Thanks everyone for the responses, hopefully this will inpire us to keep on bringing our A game. I did no slacking today at all:spinning:.
Go Girl!

Lol, it's like that sometimes......:look:

I have noticed that when I keep my growth aid on the bathroom counter that it helps me to remember to apply it.
Using my growth aid. I have eally gotten lazy.

What about DC'ing before you get in the shower- that's what I do. Getting out of the shower got real old-real quick.
Yep this is me all the way. I have started despising that whole getting out of the tub routine, but my hair is really suffering these days, so I just made a promise to myself to get back on it! Also, I've been slacking on my vitamins and have been using heat a bit too much these days

:blush:At your avatar picture- very nice.
Daily moisturizing. I tie up my hair at night faithfully, but I fail to moisturize first--and with colder and colder weather (and dry heat indoors), I really need to on nights I don't wash my hair.

I also need to search and destroy split ends more often.

Your hair is looking so good-I hope that you get over those big bumps.
EVEEEEERRRRYTTTTTHHHHINNNNNNNNGGGG. Internal & external.........Now that i have achieved ultimately healthy hair....i've been so careless.....i'm going thru a few big bumps right now & i really put my hair on the back burner....

im slacking on sticking to a set of staples. i have some staples but i love buying products so i alway use something different every week.

as for you, you are lucky because AO HSR is one of those conditioners that work great with and without heat.

This is my biggest problem as well. I have a set regimen, but I am not consistent with any products. That will be my resolution for '09. :grin:

I'm with ZZ. I need to devote more attention to internal health. I started taking MSM powder in orange juice 2x daily, my multi v, flaxseed tablets, and WATER!

The whole thing:look::ohwell:

You know!

I'm slacking on everything... EVERTHING I tell ya! :nono:
I've only started back on the vitamins, I'm not doing my daily moisturising and sealing, I'm not using my Ayurveda products once a week like I should be doing, so then I'm not DC'ing as often as I should.

But I have a good excuse, I work a lot and commute a h3ll of a long way, so I'm tired man... :look:.

Back