Hitting the lottery & marriage/relationships

would you leave if you hit the lottery? ?

• yes, I'd be on the first thing smoking

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • no, I'd share my riches with my boo

Votes: 42 77.8%
  • other, explain please.

Votes: 6 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ladybelle

To those who are married, if you hit the lottery today for let's say 86 million dollars - would you stay married?

To the single ladies in relationships would you stay in those committed relationships if you were rich?

To the single ladies who aren't in relationships but want to be in one, would you stop caring about being in a relationship if you had $$$$ to burn?

Tell me would you:

:kiss: or :auto:

Thanks. :)

I'll answer later on in the thread.

I'm single. If had money to burn, I think I'd be too busy traveling the globe and doing all the things I've ever dreamed of doing to think about having a dude.

I'd be like Oprah and have me a Stedman if I just wanted a dude to kick it with or be my date for an event.

I'm single. If had money to burn, I think I'd be too busy traveling the globe and doing all the things I've ever dreamed of doing to think about having a dude.

I'd be like Oprah and have me a Stedman if I just wanted a dude to kick it with or be my date for an event.

lol! I feel you though.

I'm single and dating, if I hit the lottery I would continue to date but would keep it a secret that I won the lottery.

Even if I was married, I don't know if I would tell, . . . right away. :sekret:
(depends on how the marriage is going)

I'm currently single. I would not tell about my millions. I would travel the world. Date a variety of men. Live in another country of choice either Italy or England.

I'm engaged. Right now my fiance has tons more than me and is marrying me without a prenup so I know I'd follow suit. I'd invest that money and live off the interest, and continue writing and creating. The interest alone would amount to millions and that way the original stays (and grows as I wouldn't spend it all). I'd do a happy dance, and keep living my life. I'd also create a scholarship at NYU that could continue onward (they're usually set up so that interest is created and they can continue to support future generations through that one time gift, as the money continues to grow more kids will be able to have an education. So basically a one time gift can send a set amount kids to college for ever, each year, just through the way they are set up and the interest that grows from them). It would be an emergency scholarship given to kids who are fighting to stay, and who have exhausted all means (who have good grades and need demonstrated by proving they can't pay through receipts, bills,etc).

I wouldn't overhaul anything because I've already done that. I've asked myself what would I do if I knew I couldn't lose, and/or didn't have to worry about money. What do I want in life? And I started going in that direction. So really no overhaul is necessary.I wouldn't have a panic moment where I change my life because I've been there and done that.

As for guys, I never put up with b.s so my fiance is amazing, and I wouldn't change anything about our relationship. I think the money would just enhance our life even more.

But yes I'd definitely tell him.

Last edited:
I'm single and dating, if I hit the lottery I would continue to date but would keep it a secret that I won the lottery.

That's interesting. I met a couple of single men who were rich but wouldn't tell potential women they were until they decided the woman wanted to be with them & not their money. They would even ride around in average cars, take the women on normal dates & etc.

Even if I was married, I don't know if I would tell, . . . right away. :sekret:
(depends on how the marriage is going)

I think this is how I would be, as of right now.

I'm currently single. I would not tell about my millions. I would travel the world. Date a variety of men. Live in another country of choice either Italy or England.

That's some real sex in the city living right there.

I'm engaged. Right now my fiance has tons more than me and is marrying me without a prenup so I know I'd follow suit. I'd invest that money and live off the interest, and continue writing and creating. The interest alone would amount to millions and that way the original stays (and grows as I wouldn't spend it all). I'd do a happy dance, and keep living my life. I'd also create a scholarship at NYU that could continue onward (they're usually set up so that interest is created and they can continue to support future generations through that one time gift, as the money continues to grow more kids will be able to have an education. So basically a one time gift can send a set amount kids to college for ever, each year, just through the way they are set up and the interest that grows from them). It would be an emergency scholarship given to kids who are fighting to stay, and who have exhausted all means (who have good grades and need demonstrated by proving they can't pay through receipts, bills,etc).

I wouldn't overhaul anything because I've already done that. I've asked myself what would I do if I knew I couldn't lose, and/or didn't have to worry about money. What do I want in life? And I started going in that direction. So really no overhaul is necessary.I wouldn't have a panick moment where I change my life because I've been there and done that.

As for guys, I never put up with b.s so my fiance is amazing, and I wouldn't change anything about our relationship. I think the money would just enhance our life even more.

But yes I'd definitely tell him.

It sounds like you have everything really put together & figured out - that's very commendable. Congrats on your upcoming nuptials if I haven't told you already!!!!

I think the reason why famous/rich folk divorce so quickly & easily is because of the money. When you're rich as all get out, you're less likely to put up with b.s, some folks stay married because of the idea that they would fare better financially in doing so.

i'm single and do want to be in a relationship someday. if i won 86 million dollars, i would still want to be in a relationship. in fact, after i got my trust fund in order and bought the necessary properties needed to make my life more comfortable, i think i would scale back my job to occassional freelance projects only... and then i would spend my new found free time traveling, getting out and about with friends, meeting new men in different places... and seeing what happens. you never know who you can meet when you have less life restrictions/responsibilities and more freedom. i think it could be fun.

I would keep DH and give him half. I couldn't take having a man asking me for money or permission to buy something he wants.

He's always said if he wins, he would have me claim the money in my name only to keep his family away. :lol:

To those who are married, if you hit the lottery today for let's say 86 million dollars - would you stay married?

To the single ladies in relationships would you stay in those committed relationships if you were rich?

To the single ladies who aren't in relationships but want to be in one, would you stop caring about being in a relationship if you had $$$$ to burn?

Tell me would you:

:kiss: or :auto:

Thanks. :)

I'll answer later on in the thread.

:think:
Oooooooh! Did you or someone you know win 86 million dollars in the lottery? 'Cause that was a very interesting number you chose. You didn't choose a nice, round number like 50 million or 100 million.

Okay, let me stop playing detective!

If I won 86 million dollars, I would stay in my relationship but try and not tell him that I won the lottery until after we got married. Then he would get the shock of his life. That we're rich baby!!!!

Keep DH and split the money. Each get 1/3 and the rest would be in a joint account. We have actually talked about and that's the plan if/when lol that were to happen.

*Sings* chunking up the deuces!!!

ETA: Im in a relationship

:lachen:well, alrighty then!

:think:
Oooooooh! Did you or someone you know win 86 million dollars in the lottery? 'Cause that was a very interesting number you chose. You didn't choose a nice, round number like 50 million or 100 million.

Okay, let me stop playing detective!

If I won 86 million dollars, I would stay in my relationship but try and not tell him that I won the lottery until after we got married. Then he would get the shock of his life. That we're rich baby!!!!

No, no one I know has hit the lottery. But, I did have a Uncle who came into a huge settlement. No one saw him for months, when he ran out of money he came back with nothing to show for it except a new truck & my crazy arse auntie took him back. :nono:

If I won a massive amount of money, I'd pay off mine and DH's bills, give him something to start fresh, and (today, right now, in this moment)....I'd bounce. I love him dearly, but I don't think we're meant to be together. I'd hope I live a modest life, travel, invest in the future, and be happy. Come on....publisher's clearing house!!!!!!!

If I won a massive amount of money, I'd pay off mine and DH's bills, give him something to start fresh, and (today, right now, in this moment)....I'd bounce. I love him dearly, but I don't think we're meant to be together. I'd hope I live a modest life, travel, invest in the future, and be happy. Come on....publisher's clearing house!!!!!!!

We are >>>>here <<<<. .At least for right now, today, in this moment. But, unlike you I would not live a modest life, I'm already thinking about the staff of people I would employ to run my estate. :grin:

:bighug::bighug:

We are >>>>here <<<<. .At least for right now, today, in this moment. But, unlike you I would not live a modest life, I'm already thinking about the staff of people I would employ to run my estate. :grin:

LOL! Well, I just hope I don't get the 'big head' and end up broke in a year...ya know. I would want to live my life now....just single and slightly enhanced.

Um...

If your married, he's entitled to half your assets w/out a prenup. So if you leave, expect some complications.

OF COURSE I'd stay and use the money to make our lives (and those of close family members) better.

Back