Hip–Tailbone Length (HL–TBL) 2015-2016 Challenge!

I've been slacking on my regimen. I've been soooo busy the past couple of weeks with work, and a crazy work commute all while operating on a crazy schedule.

I did take the time out today to detangle and deep condition. :)

I'm still dangling at just below waist length due to me trimming my split ends and fairy knots off last month. :(

I'm still hoping that by May I will be able to claim hip length. I'm still taking my vitamins but I need to go back to bunning.

Last edited:
@lulu97
Girl every week? I'm jealous. All that hair and you do it every week. Do you have small children? I'm trying to find hair time with a toddler lol She has me slacking big time.

Yep every single week. I have extremely active teenagers (sports, after school activities) and a 1 year old that I stay at home with during the day. I usually do my hair during the week when they are in school, and while the little one naps. My hair only takes a few hours a week to do so it's not a huge deal. Besides if the baby wakes up while I'm in the middle of doing my hair, I'll give him a snack, let him color or let him watch Babyfirst TV. He's so used to me doing my hair that I think he looks forward to it....like YESSSSSS I can do fun stuff while mommy gets pretty :lachen:

Yep every single week. I have extremely active teenagers (sports, after school activities) and a 1 year old that I stay at home with during the day. I usually do my hair during the week when they are in school, and while the little one naps. My hair only takes a few hours a week to do so it's not a huge deal. Besides if the baby wakes up while I'm in the middle of doing my hair, I'll give him a snack, let him color or let him watch Babyfirst TV. He's so used to me doing my hair that I think he looks forward to it....like YESSSSSS I can do fun stuff while mommy gets pretty :lachen:

Oh hayle! You're like supermom! I can't hang with you. Lol

Happy Wednesday ladies! Question for you...

Have you noticed a difference between when using hot vs cold oil on hair to seal?

I'm not talking about a hot oil treatment. Yesterday I warmed up my mix of EVCO, Castor oil, and Rosemary infused Olive Oil to use because it'd become a solid in the bottle because of the cold weather and the high EVCO content level.

This is my mainstay oil mix. It always works great but I noticed my hair today seems shinier and even softer. It's the first time I've ever warned it up before use. The results could be a fluke but I'm curious has anyone else experienced this?

I've been slacking on my regimen. I've been soooo busy the past couple of weeks with work, and a crazy work commute all while operating on a crazy schedule.

I did take the time out today to detangle and deep condition. :)

I'm still dangling at just below waist length due to me trimming my split ends and fairy knots off last month. :(

I'm still hoping that by May I will be able to claim hip length. I'm still taking my vitamins but I need to go back to bunning.
Long time, no see!

@YaniraNaturally
Please post pix of your hair the next time you style it, so I can salivate over it, :lol:

Also, will you please post your reggie on how you got to tailbone length?

Do you use heat? How do you normally style your hair? Protective or low mani styles? I read in another thread that you don't DC. TIA

Oh! I'm so embarrassed that I'm just seeing this months later! Sorry @MileHighDiva

I trimmed back to HL a few weeks ago. I wanted to get rid of the ssk's and split ends. My hair was approx 24 inches last time I checked. My hair is 3c on top/4a on bottom. Fine strands, with medium density. My hair hangs between APL/BSB.

My Reggie is very simple (I loosely follow CG method):
-Wash once a week with Rusk sulfate free shampoo
-Sometimes use Joico K-pak conditioner for protein. Ideally would be every other week but it's more like monthly.
-Apply KCKT leave in
-Apply Ecostyler Argan oil gel

And that's it!

I inverted 2-3x in 2014?2015? I saw results but I don't really have a good reason why I stopped :lol:

I don't DC and my hair seems fine without it. Shiny, moisturized and soft. Maybe it would take my hair to another level of shininess?

I've used heat maybe twice since going natural. I don't use it more because my hair is very fine and I don't want to risk heat damage for a temporary style. No shade against those who love it! Using the denman the last time I straightened left me with tons of split ends and mid strand splits. A disaster.

I wear a modified W&G every week. I used to shingle (beautiful and takes forever) but now I take larger sections (1/12) and smooth then give the section a shake. I don't protective style, but I suppose it's low mani since I wear it for an entire week.

My hair doesn't like oil or shea butter so I avoid products with those ingredients. No Shea Moisture ever.

I am not a PJ and I haven't tried a new product in years :lol: I love what I use and I'm very happy. I'm not length obsessed anymore, I really just care about shine now :lol:

Now I just need a bigger bonnet. The one I have now is huge but it's still too small. It causes my W&G to curl under like it's been bumped which makes my hair look shorter :look:

1st is a pic of my new W&G method.
2nd is a pic from last summer
3rd is a shingled pic

I'm sorry I don't have more hair pics!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 82
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    143.6 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Oh! I'm so embarrassed that I'm just seeing this months later! Sorry @MileHighDiva

I trimmed back to HL a few weeks ago. I wanted to get rid of the ssk's and split ends. My hair was approx 24 inches last time I checked. My hair is 3c on top/4a on bottom. Fine strands, with medium density. My hair hangs between APL/BSB.

My Reggie is very simple (I loosely follow CG method):
-Wash once a week with Rusk sulfate free shampoo
-Sometimes use Joico K-pak conditioner for protein. Ideally would be every other week but it's more like monthly.
-Apply KCKT leave in
-Apply Ecostyler Argan oil gel

And that's it!

I inverted 2-3x in 2014?2015? I saw results but I don't really have a good reason why I stopped :lol:

I don't DC and my hair seems fine without it. Shiny, moisturized and soft. Maybe it would take my hair to another level of shininess?

I've used heat maybe twice since going natural. I don't use it more because my hair is very fine and I don't want to risk heat damage for a temporary style. No shade against those who love it! Using the denman the last time I straightened left me with tons of split ends and mid strand splits. A disaster.

I wear a modified W&G every week. I used to shingle (beautiful and takes forever) but now I take larger sections (1/12) and smooth then give the section a shake. I don't protective style, but I suppose it's low mani since I wear it for an entire week.

My hair doesn't like oil or shea butter so I avoid products with those ingredients. No Shea Moisture ever.

I am not a PJ and I haven't tried a new product in years :lol: I love what I use and I'm very happy. I'm not length obsessed anymore, I really just care about shine now :lol:

Now I just need a bigger bonnet. The one I have now is huge but it's still too small. It causes my W&G to curl under like it's been bumped which makes my hair look shorter :look:

This is a pic of my new W&G method. I'm sorry I don't have more hair pics!
Soooo pretty

@YaniraNaturally
You have a Beautiful head of hair! :drool: Thank you for sharing your regimen!

Excellent example of KISS (Keeping it Simple). Knowing what works for your hair and sticking to it yields results.

You don't think oil/butter on your ends would eliminate the SSK's? How does your hair behave/respond to oil that you don't like?

Last edited:
@YaniraNaturally
You have a Beautiful head of hair! :drool: Thank you for sharing your regimen!

Excellent example of KISS (Keeping it Simple). Knowing what works for your hair and sticking to it yields results.

You don't think oil/butter would eliminate the SSK's? How does your hair behave/respond to oil that you don't like?

Thank you!

Oil makes my hair very dry and gives it a rough feeling. My hair also starts tangling and is stringy. It seems like no matter how liberal or stingy I am with it my hair is not pleased. I tried Coconuy, Olive and Jojoba before giving up. I had to stop using TJ's nourish spa with the reformulation and I think the oil might be the culprit. Butters leave my hair looking dull, but no other adverse effects.

My hair likes serums. I used Paul Mitchell Super
Skinny for a few years before I started CG.

Last edited:
Back