Hip–Tailbone Length (HL–TBL) 2014 Challenge!

Giving my hair some TLC for today's wash day (this has been going on for hours and still isn't over) :lol:. I mixed up a pre-poo with half a bottle of DR Organics manuka honey protein conditioner, Roux PC, carrot oil, avocado oil and HOT 6 oil I'm in love, my hair was so soft it felt like butter, detangled with such ease and hardly any hair loss, I loved it so much I mixed up the other half :grin:

I'm DCing with protein, I will follow this with a moisture DC for an hour and then cover with oil to seal for another hour. I'll be air drying in my signature braided bun.

Is it odd that reading this just made me excited for my next wash day

Re: Hip Length (HL) 2014 Challenge!

Washed my hair on Friday, it feels great! After my macadamia mask is done, I will be using something with more protein.

Got tired of those horrible cornrows and decided to just band the back of my hair instead. This will make it much easier for me on wash-day anyway :) :grin:

Attachments

• IMG_20130204_120626.jpg
    IMG_20130204_120626.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 84

I wont be on here (personal life issues) again after my subscription runs out (this year), so I am going to have to drop out of this challenge. I still plan on making it to HL in 2014, I just won't be able to participate (adding photos, etc.). Good luck to you all.

just bought an applicator bottle so I can put oil on my scalp. It's so dry:ohwell:

Also thinking of buying from Belle Butters until my ingredients for my own whipped shea butter comes :yawn:

Last edited:

I can't take a good picture of my hair for the life of me...but I'm 2-3 inches from waist length. But unfortunately I really feel like I need to cut a good 2 inches!

My goal for this year is to get my hair to a full and healthy waist length, I think I should be able to achieve that if I stay on track with my reggie and keep my ends trimmed. I'm really hoping that I make HL by 2014 but I don't want to get there with thin scraggly ends!

Though I really do love how the phyto relaxer doesn't smell like relaxer, it's no lye and it makes my hair dry as a desert. It's been about 5 weeks and I've finally seemed to have gotten my hair back in check. :nono: no bueno, I don't think this can be my regular relaxer :ohwell:

Hi Ladies,

I found this site 2 weeks ago and officially joined today. I think this challenge is the best one for me because it will give me time to learn as I grow. Below is my information:

Necessary Details :

- Current length + hair type: APL Relaxed + 4

- Regimen: MONTHLY = Dust with the moon; ONCE A WEEK = Wash (CON), cowash (Suave Coconut), 30 minute Low Heat Pre-Poo DC (ORS Replenishing & EVOO), Aphogee 2 Min. Reconstructor, 1 hour baggying, air dry; EVERY OTHER DAY = M&S (Scurl & Hot 6 Oil); DAILY = PS (buns), sleep in satin scarf and bonnet, take Mineral Rich & prenatal vitamins.

- Plans to get to HL: Maintain hair regimen, stretch relaxers, eat healthier, and exercise.

- HL goal date: December 31, 2014

- Plans once HL is achieved: Pursue my ultimate goal...TBL!

Last edited:

Welcome to the challenge and LHCF, trclemons!

MsJamerican, I'm sorry you cannot continue to participate, I hope everything works out for you irl and that you reach your goal for HL for 2014. Thanks for joining.

Almost to a new year ladies

How far are you from HL?

What are your trimming plans?

I'll start. I'm 6 inches away from HL! I plan to trim with every relaxer & I relax 4 times a year. I should have really blunt ends at HL by December 2014. Excited!
How far are you from HL? I'm new to this, but if I am correctly measuring where HL is, I am about 10 inches away.

What are your trimming plans? I'm dusting once a month with the moon. I had to hijack my haircare when I kept noticing the steady decline of the condition of my hair. So I started my HHJ on January 25, 2013 and discovered severely damaged ends that I am gradually dusting away. I'm just too chicken to trim it all at once.

I'm in, I'm in!! :yep:

- Current length + hair type: BSL, 4a/b relaxed

- Regimen:

• Wash and deep condition on the weekend
  • Co-wash once a week
  • Stretch relaxers 12+ weeks
  • Moisturize and/or seal daily
  • Protein treatments, HOT, and clarify as needed (about monthly)
- Plans to get to HL Aside from following my hair regimen above, I plan to continue working out, eating healthy and taking vits daily. My main protective styles are buns and ponytails. Halfwigs in the mix too. Keeping heat and sulfates to a minimum (once a month). Manipulation (combing) also kept to a minimum - only on wash day.

- HL goal date December 2014

- Plans once HL is achieved
enjoy it to the max...straighten it, style it, wear it down more often. But I genuinely don't like hair in my face when at work or exercising so I wouldn't be surprised if I continue to bun well after I reach my length goal. I would maintain the length with regular trims.

I'm in, I'm in!! :yep:

- Current length + hair type: BSL, 4a/b relaxed

- Regimen:

• Wash and deep condition on the weekend
  • Co-wash once a week
  • Stretch relaxers 12+ weeks
  • Moisturize and/or seal daily
  • Protein treatments, HOT, and clarify as needed (about monthly)
- Plans to get to HL Aside from following my hair regimen above, I plan to continue working out, eating healthy and taking vits daily. My main protective styles are buns and ponytails. Halfwigs in the mix too. Keeping heat and sulfates to a minimum (once a month). Manipulation (combing) also kept to a minimum - only on wash day.

- HL goal date December 2014

- Plans once HL is achieved
enjoy it to the max...straighten it, style it, wear it down more often. But I genuinely don't like hair in my face when at work or exercising so I wouldn't be surprised if I continue to bun well after I reach my length goal. I would maintain the length with regular trims.

Welcome, and good luck!

can I ask what is HOT?

I just past my 4yr anniversary this past Dec/Jan and I plan to pay more attention to moisture this yr. I started with co washing more like my old schedule of everyday and if I don't to spray it with aloe vera and vitamin E with a little water mix then using Hairveda whipped creme as my moisturizer.

I stuck with the no direct heat goal but I kinda fell off the deep conditioning wagon :-( Im very excited to straighten my hair in March, as I only get to do it every 3 months but its all for a god cause! Hip Length here I come!

I do have a general question. Where would I add in a hot oil treatment in my regimen?

I stuck with the no direct heat goal but I kinda fell off the deep conditioning wagon :-( Im very excited to straighten my hair in March, as I only get to do it every 3 months but its all for a god cause! Hip Length here I come!

I do have a general question. Where would I add in a hot oil treatment in my regimen?

LimitedEdition you could do a HOT prior to your wash or even overnight.

Hey ladies!

I have decided to go back to the reggie that got me 1 inch faithfully every month. I ordered all my supplies last week and I will be ordering one of those length check tshirts this week.

To reach my final goal of TL, I need 18.5 inches of hair. If I can get .75inches every month, then I will get 16.5 inches by December 2014. My plan is to wear conrows, however I see fit until then. I will wear them 4 weeks at a time. I keep mine up really well. I have ordered all my stuff in bulk, so I am good to go for a few months. I plan taking pics every month to track my progress.

Let's get it ladies!!!!!!!!

Hey ladies!

I have decided to go back to the reggie that got me 1 inch faithfully every month. I ordered all my supplies last week and I will be ordering one of those length check tshirts this week.

To reach my final goal of TL, I need 18.5 inches of hair. If I can get .75inches every month, then I will get 16.5 inches by December 2014. My plan is to wear conrows, however I see fit until then. I will wear them 4 weeks at a time. I keep mine up really well. I have ordered all my stuff in bulk, so I am good to go for a few months. I plan taking pics every month to track my progress.

Lovingmywaves12
What reggie got you 1 inch of retention per month faithfully? What products do you use, how big are the cornrows?

Hey ladies!

Lovingmywaves12: Where r u ordering your length check t-shirt from?

@Lovingmywaves12
What reggie got you 1 inch of retention per month faithfully? What products do you use, how big are the cornrows?

Seamonster,

I had to go back to the KISS method. I mix equal amounts of MT & JBCO in an applicator bottle and apply to my scalp every night. Then I GHE while I am sleeping. Take Hairfinity once a day.

The end. LOL.

My hair THRIVES in moisture, so the more it has, the more it grows. My conrows were kind of small. That's how I am able to keep them in so long without looking a mess. I also keep my hair tied up. I work from home and I am not trying to impress anyone, so my scarf stays on.

That's about it. Sorry it's not more dramatic.

@Lovingmywaves12: Where r u ordering your length check t-shirt from?

trclemons,

Im still looking around. I am finding it hard to believe that ppl wanna charge $20 for a tshirt with some lines on it. Hell a pack of wife beaters is like $8 from Walmart/Target/Kmart...

I know I sound cheap and I probably shouldn't, but geez ppl!

So I guess I am going with this one: http://justgrowalready.spreadshirt.com/basic-length-check-tank-A10987196/customize/color/142

Im going to get the Fuchsia one and keep it moving. It is a couple bucks cheaper than the others that i have seen.

Ordered!

I'm hoping to have all my supplies by the end of next week so I can start promptly on March first. I also plan to redye my hair so I can see the growth when I get them redone every month.

Im supposed to get braided up on Saturday. I'm going to look through all my stuff and see if I have any leftovers, so I can start when I get braided this week. I am hoping for lots of deliveries this week.

I will post a starting pic on Friday when I wash and such.

HHG ladies!!!

Back