Hip–Tailbone Length (HL–TBL) 2014 Challenge!

Re: Hip Length (HL) 2014 Challenge!

-In a twist-out until wash day (wednesday)
- Thinking of doing something different to my hair this week,maybe cornrows and a heart-shaped bun for valentines' day :)
-Also thinking about reducing wash-day from 1x per week to 1x fortnight.

- Thinking of doing something different to my hair this week,maybe cornrows and a heart-shaped bun for valentines' day :)

Heart shaped bun sounds cute! I hope you post a pic

I am getting ready to start using Philip Kingsley Scalp Tonic so maybe I can join this challenge later. Have any of you heard anything about this tonic?

I attempted to change my wash day, ive attempted to go as long as I can, ive lasted 20 days so far think im going to wash tomoorow

I attempted to change my wash day, ive attempted to go as long as I can, ive lasted 20 days so far think im going to wash tomoorow

20 days??? Wow, I don't think I could last that long. My head gets sooo itchy now. After this wash-day I will try to stretch for 10 days and see how that feels :grin:
P.S.
MixedGirl - yay for us British girls!

20 days??? Wow, I don't think I could last that long. My head gets sooo itchy now. After this wash-day I will try to stretch for 10 days and see how that feels :grin:
P.S.
MixedGirl - yay for us British girls!

I felt like that at the start but I continued because I straighten my hair every time I wash it. Defo washing it tomorrow morning.

Hehe yay for the British

I don't know how you ladies are doing it but, it's been exactly a week since I washed my hair and I'm about to die! I need a wash and DC...STAT!

I felt like that at the start but I continued because I straighten my hair every time I wash it. Defo washing it tomorrow morning.

Hehe yay for the British

MixedGirl
Oh, I could definately last about a month each time when I used to straighten it during my transition and it didn't itch at all.
Maybe because my natural hair is very dense and thick and there's no air getting to my scalp.

MixedGirl
Oh, I could definately last about a month each time when I used to straighten it during my transition and it didn't itch at all.
Maybe because my natural hair is very dense and thick and there's no air getting to my scalp.

quite possibly!

MixedGirl

mayoo and MixedGirl have you seen any benefits to not washing your hair for so long? Do you think you'll continue with this regimen?

I haven't straightened my hair in a week! Haha I did have the urge, but I fought it yay! I've had it in a braid out and ponytails, I think I put it in a bun once or twice. I really hate buns, but if they are necessary I'll just suck it up.

My ends are so crunchy, I think I need a good inch taken of, but I'll wait until my next relaxer. Im Bagging right now, trying to infuse some moisture!

mayoo and MixedGirl have you seen any benefits to not washing your hair for so long? Do you think you'll continue with this regimen?

The main benefit for me is that it means I am reducing heat. I flat iron everytime I wash my hair which was usually once every 4-5 days, after three weeks my hair still felt great and I had no scalp issues. I'm going to try this regimen for a few more months to see what happens. But so far so good.

The Nizoral with 2% Ketoconazole is working out really well for me after my beloved Keracare Dry & Itchy Scalp Conditioner stopped working for me. That was one of the major things missing from my hair routine, fixing or at least controlling the seborrheic dermatitis. My scalp doesn't itch like crazy anymore and the flakes aren't as problematic. My hair feels clarified after using it with much more bounce and manageability.

@mayoo and @MixedGirl have you seen any benefits to not washing your hair for so long? Do you think you'll continue with this regimen?

Angel of the North
I wouldn't call it a benefit but when I would straighten my hair it just meant that the straightness lasted longer.

But now with my natural hair, i guess a benefit might be that it would mean less manipulation.... if all goes well.

Just washed, deep conditioned and styled my hair.
I had originally planned to do a heart shaped bun but it turned out to be a fail... a diabolical fail at that smh:nono:

Sorry bebezazueta no heart-shaped bun pics :(

But here's what I ended up with instead, four cornrows (jeez, I forgot how hard it is to do those on your own hair :ohwell: they look a mess.. but I'm a student so no one's looking :grin:)
And a normal side bun....(pic in attachments)

Attachments

• IMG_0986.jpg
    IMG_0986.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 106

Wash day today, have to say I love macadamia oil deep repair mask.
My hair is feeling fab!

I had originally planned to do a heart shaped bun but it turned out to be a fail... But here's what I ended up with instead, four cornrows (jeez, I forgot how hard it is to do those on your own hair :ohwell: they look a mess.. but I'm a student so no one's looking :grin:)

mayoo I'm sorry your heart shaped bun didn't work out, don't give up. keep practising. Your hair looks lovely and thick totally gorgeous, I love the side bun too :yep:

I had originally planned to do a heart shaped bun but it turned out to be a fail... a diabolical fail at that smh:nono:

But here's what I ended up with instead, four cornrows (jeez, I forgot how hard it is to do those on your own hair :ohwell: they look a mess.. but I'm a student so no one's looking :grin:)

No need to apologize! You have beautiful thick hair. Look how thick your corn rows are and that bun is big and fluffy especially since its half of your hair in there. Good job & thanks for the pic.

I don't know how you ladies are doing it but, it's been exactly a week since I washed my hair and I'm about to die! I need a wash and DC...STAT!

I know right! Lately I've been trying stretch my washes to 2 weeks & that's haaaaaard. Lol I finally realized oiling my scalp the beginning of the 2nd week gets me over that needed hump.

Woooooooow! You got some very thick hair!!!! I thought mine was thick when air dried but now I digress.

No need to apologize! You have beautiful thick hair. Look how thick your corn rows are and that bun is big and fluffy especially since its half of your hair in there. Good job & thanks for the pic.

Thank-you :)

:grin:I actually joined SistaWithRealHair's hair challenge on youtube in December so I've been doing lengh checks on the 21st of each month.
(Thinking of skipping February though before I find myself becoming obsessed:blush:)

Anyway, I thought I'd share my December and January length checks with you ladies.

I think I gained about 1.2 inches in the front (My bangs have always grown super duper fast):dance7:

0.75 on the sides and an inch in the back.

I dont have pics but I do have a video :grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbdJEAfg0YE

Please bare in mind that the measurements might not be 100% accurate. I'm only human :)

P.S.Sorry for the awkward colour t-shirts :( Next month I'll try to wear a plain white one :grin:

Last edited:

Super Cheap Cheapie Conditioner!! :yay:

To MixedGirl and all the other UK ladies, I thought I'd let you know about the Tesco Smooth Conditioner range!

The conditioner is great for detangling, it works like Vo5/suave etc and is only 88p for the large bottle! Great value! :bdance:

One bottle lasts me about 9 weekly washes.

They also come in a range of scents!

Jeeze, this sounds like a cheesy advert... oh well :grin:

Attachments

• IMG_20130203_121524.jpg
    IMG_20130203_121524.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 44

Super Cheap Cheapie Conditioner!! :yay:

To MixedGirl and all the other UK ladies, I thought I'd let you know about the Tesco Smooth Conditioner range!

The conditioner is great for detangling, it works like Vo5/suave etc and is only 88p for the large bottle! Great value! :bdance:

One bottle lasts me about 9 weekly washes.

They also come in a range of scents!

Jeeze, this sounds like a cheesy advert... oh well :grin:

I went to check it out, they didn't list the ingredients on the website :ohwell:

Giving my hair some TLC for today's wash day (this has been going on for hours and still isn't over) :lol:. I mixed up a pre-poo with half a bottle of DR Organics manuka honey protein conditioner, Roux PC, carrot oil, avocado oil and HOT 6 oil I'm in love, my hair was so soft it felt like butter, detangled with such ease and hardly any hair loss, I loved it so much I mixed up the other half :grin:

I'm DCing with protein, I will follow this with a moisture DC for an hour and then cover with oil to seal for another hour. I'll be air drying in my signature braided bun.

Back