Highlighted hair (photo)

Lorraine

I finally did it. For weeks and weeks I had been trying to avoid it as I have been doing so well 'surging' and obeying the carrot juice challenge. My hair is so thick I didn't want to ruin my progress. I couldn't avoid it though. I added highlights. It's a poor picture because my fro is out of control but the highlights are only reserved to my bangs and a few side strands. The back (my problem area) hasn't been touched and I plan to keep moisturizing each evening. I've only had them for one day and have received so many compliments. The BF noticed immediately. He said yesterday that my whole face just looks so clear and bright. I call it my spring look. Or maybe it's to help me cope with turning 26 last week. LOL. Either way, I just thought I would share. Thanks to all those ladies for your color advice -- especially Tracy!

Can you believe I went to work like this?

highlights.jpg

highlights_straight.jpg

Thank you! I was scared about posting my pic. Sorry it's so large. No time to resize when you are at work and trying to keep up with the board!

sekret.gif

[ QUOTE ]
miss_brown said:
I like the highlights and the fro
smile.gif
Very nice
up.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Miss Brown,
I am trying to compete with your avatar!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
model_chick717 said:
Your hair looks GREAT!! Did you do it yourself? If so, what did you use??

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, ModelChick. I went back to African Pride's highlighting kit (Serengeti Gold). I had written it off due to the damage it caused my hair years ago but I love the results so much. This time around I only did a few strands. Today's it's straight and you can really see them. I'll try to take another photo and share this evening.

Thx LorraineG--I've used African Pride Highlights before a long time ago and it damaged my hair a bit too--but I've been thinking of giving it another try myself, maybe in a darker shade....thx!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
I love it LorraineG! You and your hair look very beautiful!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! Maybe it's all these carrots!

[ QUOTE ]
LorraineG said:
[ QUOTE ]
miss_brown said:
I like the highlights and the fro
smile.gif
Very nice
up.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Miss Brown,
I am trying to compete with your avatar!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl, you are DEFINITELY giving LisaNicole a run for her money
smile.gif

Well Done Lorraine, highlights look very good and it adds to your skin tone, it makes you and your hair look so pretty.

You are such a beautiful lady and those highlights bring out both your skin and you eye color...simply beautiful!

[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
I guess I loss the battle, eh?
cry3.gif
Well at least they're GORGEOUS!
kiss.gif
I
love.gif
them and the curls! Is this a wash n' wear?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I know but I have no self control. I told you this OTP. I threw some Woojee Cream in my hair and scrunched. Unfortunately, I also put in the African Pride leave-in conditioner which caused the expansion as well as frizz.

Lorraine, I love love love your hair!!! I tried the same color (serengeti gold) and boy oh boy! I'll just say I let a friend do it...and it was before I became a member here @ LHCF. Can we spell T-R-O-U-B-L-E! It's finally starting to grow out though. I'm probably going to end up putting a semi-perm color in my hair after my next relaxer. But once again, love the style and highlights gurl!!

OMG Lorraine your highlights, your hair and you are GAWGUS girl!!!

The color REALLY compliments you...truly. I felt the same when I had color. It used to make face all sunshiny. I could wear less makeup and everything.

What a great job you did girl!

And I LOVE your fro JUST LIKE THAT.

P.S. - Make sure yout treat those highlights to some mild protein regularly for a while. Once a week for 4 weeks or so.
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
nolechik said:
Lorraine, I love love love your hair!!! I tried the same color (serengeti gold) and boy oh boy! I'll just say I let a friend do it...and it was before I became a member here @ LHCF. Can we spell T-R-O-U-B-L-E! It's finally starting to grow out though. I'm probably going to end up putting a semi-perm color in my hair after my next relaxer. But once again, love the style and highlights gurl!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh thank you and welcome to the board, nolechik! Those highlights are trouble but I couldn't help myself. Hopefully, my bangs won't break off. I can't see my stylist anytime soon. She would kill me for taking things into my own hands.

Back