Highlighted hair (photo)

gorgeous hair and highlights! I wonder what the African Pride would do to my relaxed hair
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
OMG Lorraine your highlights, your hair and you are GAWGUS girl!!!

The color REALLY compliments you...truly. I felt the same when I had color. It used to make face all sunshiny. I could wear less makeup and everything.

What a great job you did girl!

And I LOVE your fro JUST LIKE THAT.

P.S. - Make sure yout treat those highlights to some mild protein regularly for a while. Once a week for 4 weeks or so.
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good tip. Thanks, Tracy. Any recommendations for protein treatments?

ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
HealthyHair said:
gorgeous hair and highlights! I wonder what the African Pride would do to my relaxed hair
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

HH,
fyi...my hair is relaxed so I have to be really careful and keep it moist and conditioned frequently.

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
I love that color on you! Both hair styles look nice too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree!!
cool.gif
I love the color of those highlights!!
smile.gif

Also, is your hair air-dried in that first picture??!!
shocked.gif
Your curls looks so pretty and shiny!!
up.gif
Man, what's your secret??!!
sekret.gif

[ QUOTE ]
LorraineG said:
I finally did it. For weeks and weeks I had been trying to avoid it as I have been doing so well 'surging' and obeying the carrot juice challenge. My hair is so thick I didn't want to ruin my progress. I couldn't avoid it though. I added highlights. It's a poor picture because my fro is out of control but the highlights are only reserved to my bangs and a few side strands. The back (my problem area) hasn't been touched and I plan to keep moisturizing each evening. I've only had them for one day and have received so many compliments. The BF noticed immediately. He said yesterday that my whole face just looks so clear and bright. I call it my spring look. Or maybe it's to help me cope with turning 26 last week. LOL. Either way, I just thought I would share. Thanks to all those ladies for your color advice -- especially Tracy!

Can you believe I went to work like this?

highlights.jpg

highlights_straight.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Beautiful!
up.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
I love that color on you! Both hair styles look nice too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree!!
cool.gif
I love the color of those highlights!!
smile.gif

Also, is your hair air-dried in that first picture??!!
shocked.gif
Your curls looks so pretty and shiny!!
up.gif
Man, what's your secret??!!
sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Lindy. I'm amazed it looks shiny. I am always battling dryness. I put a ton of Surge Woojee Cream in it and left it alone.
smile.gif

Lorraine...
For protein I like Jherri Redding Protein Pac, HI PRO PAC, Elasta Breakage Control Serum and Dudley's Hair Rebuilder.
smile.gif

Your hair is great. I don't know what I like more, the color or the curls. Because of you and Tracy, I have to find a new color for myself.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
Lorraine...
For protein I like Jherri Redding Protein Pac, HI PRO PAC, Elasta Breakage Control Serum and Dudley's Hair Rebuilder.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nexxus Keraphix is good, too.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
Lorraine...
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you so much. There aren't any BSS out my way but the grocery store does sell Dudley's. I'll pick some up tonight.

Thanks again, Tracy!

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
Lorraine...
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nexxus Keraphix is good, too.

::Oh, jotting that down, too::

tongue.gif

Back