Hide Your Hair Til Christmas Challengers REVEAL that hair!!!!!!!!!

Everyones hair is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!! :yep: Once again CONGRATULATIONS LADIES!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Everyone here is my inspiration, just the fact that we all have the same goals inspires me to keep doing what I am doing. I LOVE LHCF!!! :love:

CONGRATULATIONS LADIES ! You all did a great job ! You know how we love progress / growth pictures and these were worth the wait ! I am joining the next challenge for sure ! :)

fallback said:
Here we are again:)

Matted Hair Aug 06

September 06 and...............December 06

Great progress even though you had a major setback and trim. Your hair looks great, keep up the good work!!!!

Hello Ladies :)
Every one made great progress! I'm gald I did the challenge and I will be signing up for the next one. HHG

I will post more pics on the 5th. I am in need of a relaxer so there is massive shrinkage, standby :)

Last edited:
Awesome progress ladies. This thread is very inspirational!

Lucia, you are tempting me to relax :eek:

Congratulations to all the ladies you were on this challenge!!
I'm really impressed, everybody made amazing progress

That was a good idea to start this challenge.

Count me in for next year, it is so inspirational

EMJazzy said:
Even tho' I revealed a little early I didn't reveal one pic I wanted to save til today...check it out in my fotki, link and pw in profile.

My bald spot went from :eek: to :D

The first pic is on page one of the 2006 album the 2nd pic is on page 2 I *just* uploaded.

Wow Jazzy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your hair is doing great!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!

Lucia said:
Wow I see soooo much progress, you're all inspirations, great job ladies.
Ok my progress pics are up. My before pics are little bit before the challenge started in June 2006. After is yesterday and today.

ETA:
-How you hid your hair for 6 months?
Braided weave all the way, I braided 2x during the challenge.
Now because I waited 3 months I got alot of matting esp. in the back. I used MTG, water/glycerin spray, sealed with avocado butter, no heat, no trimms, I trimmed before the challenge.

-How many passes you used?
I was going to use a pass, I even PM'd Rabia but then I got too lazy to do my hair for the outing, so I never used my pass. :lol:
I definately got some progress, from what everyone around me says. :grin: :creatures

-Are you planning to rejoin the challenge in January?
I'm definately joining the next run starting in January, I haven't decided what I'll do, I may bun/baggie it, or braids I won't stop until I pass WSL and am kissing Hipbone. :grin: :woot:

http://public.fotki.com/Lucia3k/
password in profile

Wow Chica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your hair is gorgeous!!!!!!!! Great progress!!!

OneInAMillion said:
OK, I browsed all the albums and I'm blown away! I can't wait to start this challenge again! Here's some before and after pics:

Before Challenge: April 06
View attachment 3375 View attachment 3376

After the Challenge: Dec 06
View attachment 3377 View attachment 3378 View attachment 3379

I did buns and updos since August. I also cut down on heat dramatically. My regimen was basically a rollerset, which I pinned up for the beginning of the week and bunned at the end. At the end of November, I started baggying at least 3 nites a week. This seems to be working well so far.

I only wore my hair out in public once. I did have heat on my roots once a month during the challenge.

-Was the challenge successful for you?
Definitely!

-Are you planning to rejoin the challenge in January?
Shoot I'm stull bunning now :lol: . I'll use a pass in Feb for my bday, put other than that, it will be hidden till I reach BSL.

Wow girl you are almost BSL....as far as I can see you have an inch to go!

tsmith said:
Are you kidding me your growth is amazing.. and thanks on the inspiration tip...that makes me feel really good...basically everyone had excellent progress on this challenge and I can't wait to see Rabia progress on the next challenge also:p

Please girl I can't wait to see yours!! Thanks though :)

naturaline said:
iv updated my album my add more pics later... no password now. ;-)

Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I nearly fainted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your hair is gorgeous and thick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great Progress!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah I love your curls!!!!!!!!!!

ill do the questionaire when i can get back to the comp. GREAT progress ladies WELL DONE!!!! im soo happy weve all reached the end full of good health (healthy hair) *hehe*

;-0 THANKS!!!! that brought a BIG smile to my face!! you two mannn your hair progress is great i showed my mom your pics late night.

xx

WOW. This is really amazing!!! I would LOVE to be in the next challenge!! Is there something particular I have to do?? My hair WAS in pretty good shape when my stylist(my sister Shannette R.I.P.) was doing it. She recently died after child birth this past July and my hair has gone down drain since with all the stress and things of that nature, which during her pregnancy I was letting someone else do it who comepletely damaged my hair and now my hair is at an ALL TIME LOW. I'm stressed with school and everything else that's going on!! I can find NOONE that knows how to take care of hair here so I guess i'm going to have to do it myself!! I'm blessed enough to have found this forum and I hope that I make progress here!

WOW! :) i'm so glad to finally see yalls hair, everyone did such a wonderful job!!!!! Beautiful hair ladies, and great challenge Rabia Elaine!!!!

great jobs, ladies. everyone's hair looks amazing. if this challenge is still around dec 08, count me in. becasue i'll be c&ging it up until then. congrats.

Ms.Allyse said:
WOW. This is really amazing!!! I would LOVE to be in the next challenge!! Is there something particular I have to do?? My hair WAS in pretty good shape when my stylist(my sister Shannette R.I.P.) was doing it. She recently died after child birth this past July and my hair has gone down drain since with all the stress and things of that nature, which during her pregnancy I was letting someone else do it who comepletely damaged my hair and now my hair is at an ALL TIME LOW. I'm stressed with school and everything else that's going on!! I can find NOONE that knows how to take care of hair here so I guess i'm going to have to do it myself!! I'm blessed enough to have found this forum and I hope that I make progress here!

Ms. Allyse I'm soooooooooooo sorry to hear about the loss of your sister. I know it can't be easy to lose someone so close.

Regarding the challenge all you have to do is protective style your hair (ie. hide it) for whatever the allotted time we choose for the challenge. We also didn't post progress pics or allow anyone else to see our hair. A few of us took passes if we needed to wear our hair down for a special occassion. That's it! It's pretty simple which is why I think it works so well. Obviously you do the regular washing/conditioning/moisturizing/maintenance but your hair is supposed to be hidden from others.

That's the thing, My sister did my hair so she conditioned it and things of that nature. My hair is a MESS now. I don't really know what products to use on my damaged hair.

Oh and thanx for your condolences. These past two years have been rough. MY dad died six months or so before!! And they were my HEARTS!! But GOD is GOOD so I'm not complaining or asking questions why!!

everyone's hair looks soo good. to see everyone's growth it really is an inspiration for me to stop being lazy and give my hair the attention it deserves.
i normally wear my hair in a rollerset tightly curled. can that be considered one of the hide your hair hairstyles or does it have to be bunned or whatever? i think i might want to try this challenge out the next time you all start it.
is the time period going to be about six months the next time as well?

I wore braids and weaves
No one saw my hair except the couple people that braided it. Most of the time I braided my own hair though.
Yes, it was a good challenge and I'm loving the results-Are you planning to rejoin the challenge in January?
I will be on the LHCF Boot Camp challenge through out next year. I will be wearing weaves and my lacefront to help me hide my hair.

frontviewprg.jpg

backprogress.jpg

The rest of the pics will be in my album: www.fotki.com/ak46

ak46 said:
I wore braids and weaves
No one saw my hair except the couple people that braided it. Most of the time I braided my own hair though.
Yes, it was a good challenge and I'm loving the results-Are you planning to rejoin the challenge in January?
I will be on the LHCF Boot Camp challenge through out next year. I will be wearing weaves and my lacefront to help me hide my hair.

frontviewprg.jpg

backprogress.jpg

The rest of the pics will be in my album: www.fotki.com/ak46

Great job girl!!! You have made wonderful progress. You hair looks lovely!!!

Back